MOBRIDGE MOST25 8.1.1 DSP AMPLIFIER

joeyliv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
I am a new Supra owner and trying to figure out how to upgrade the JBL audio. I am thinking leave the stock speakers and upgrade the amp to the MOBRIDGE. According to the rep I emailed with he said the kit comes with everything I need to install it. It’s 1500 bucks. It also has RCA out to add an additional amp and sub. Any thought or suggestions?
Sponsored

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I preemptively apologize that I don’t know much about this amp. But I wanted to note that I also was looking to change system before making some changes recommended by another member. Here’s the thread: OEM sound improvements. The OP is a sound engineer. After his recommendations (and a break in) I feel totally happy with the system (and getting to avoid woofer weight).

Sam B

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
There’s a member on here named metal, he’s very versed in the mobridge. He can help you, he ended up getting rid of his and moving onto Helix.

OP
OP
joeyliv

joeyliv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
There’s a member on here named metal, he’s very versed in the mobridge. He can help you, he ended up getting rid of his and moving onto Helix.
Oh yeah I was reading about Helix and match. By Audiotec-Fischer they recommended Match UP10DSP amplifier and the Match PP-BMW1.9HK+SDMI harness and a Mobridge MOST25 interface. As I was researching I discovered the Mobridge 8.1.1 comes with everything you need. But I also discovered the price. 1500 bucks!!! but it is the least expensive solution so far.

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Best sound system for these cars? Intake and more turbo noise!

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Looked into these as well, considered going this route too (check my thread on speaker hiss: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/fixed-speaker-hiss-even-when-muted.10622/). I believe it would work and it's a neat all-in, single-box solution.

In the end went with what the shop I had do the work recommended, as they had used the stuff before and liked working with it's DSP software, which I now also rate pretty highly having done some of my own tweaking, the Audison APf 8.9bit amp: https://audison.com/product/ap-f8-9-bit/

One drawback on the Audison bit dmi, which I believe is a rebadged mobridge da1, is that it wasn't able to wake up on MOST signal like it should have been able to. Supposedly this was going to be fixed with a firmware update, but that's not materialised. Had to wire to an accessory fuse instead, which is no big deal. I'd have preferred to go with the Helix DMI though, and suspect that wouldn't have had the issue.

OP
OP
joeyliv

joeyliv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
I like the idea of plug and play. I will probably add a sub box later on For that true sun bass. I feel the stock speakers just need ample power to sound good. I also looked at the OEM+ amp and subwoofer combo but the price seems high at 3000. Even this MoBridge amp is pricey. I do have a JL Audio 500/5 still in the box all these years, i wonder if I could use it with some type of DSP preamp. I think I want to go modern though and retain the center channel. Another option that I have looked at is a Match UP10DSP amplifier and the Match PP-BMW1.9HK+SDMI harness and a Mobridge MOST25 interface. Just seems the Mobridge 8.1.1 is so much simpler.

JP_

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
With more power and proper EQ/cutoffs/timing calibrationI agree with you that the stock speakers do the job very well. You could put better in but I see no need!

OP
OP
joeyliv

joeyliv

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91

Tsuki

Threads