Need help from parents with booster seat…

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0
Hey folks. Trading in my 2017 Camaro SS for a 2023 Absolute Zero 3.0.

My little man needs a booster seat. I was looking at this. I know some forum members based on search said to be careful of cupholders on boosters. My son loves his cupholders for things like his Pringles cans… lol.

I was looking at this. I would be purchasing the seat cover they offer as well.

Would this be slim enough profile with the cup holders? If not, or if could recommend a booster known to fit well?

IMG_9703.png
Sponsored

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
Morning.

Can't comment on that particular seat, my son is now in a booster seat. However, the Supra has ISOFIX, so would strongly recommend getting an ISOFIX seat.

Best thing to do is take the Supra to a car seat shop and try a few.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Can you have a child in a booster seat in the front? Is that safe? I don’t have kids, genuinely asking not trolling…
Thanks to the Supra community I search for these before I need them :D

1690297013293.png

By the way, there are booster or convertible or all-in-one type seats with their own restraint systems , etc.
As long as the seats and the baby are buckled/tightened down properly, should be OK.

I agree with ISOFIX! I'm not trusting this strapping method with what seems to be a lousy plastic.

Amazon.com - Diono Cambria 2 XL, Dual Latch Connectors, 2-in-1 Belt Positioning Booster Seat, ...jpg

Would rather get something like this:

2023-07-25 11_08_31-(158) Safe Child car booster seat with Isofix - how to install Heyner Safe...jpg

Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Chicco-GoFit-Plus-Backless-Booster/dp/B07M7WXK9S?th=1

2023-07-25 11_13_15-Amazon.com _ Chicco GoFit Plus Backless Booster Car Seat with LATCH Attach...jpg

Reactions: D K

Havoc5811

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra,1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Can you have a child in a booster seat in the front? Is that safe? I don’t have kids, genuinely asking not trolling…
Children are required by law to be in the back seat unless the vehicle is not equipped with a backseat. In that case they may be in front seat but must be in either their car seat or booster seat depending on age.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
I have Diono car seats (different models than the one you posted) in my kid hauler. I got them because they have the smallest profile/footprint.

My daily is a small hatch and the Chico seats I had before made it impossible for my toddlers to climb in themselves - there was no space between the back of the front seats and the car seats.

They also fit fine in the passenger seat of the Supra - there is a latch harness behind the passenger seat as well. Test fitted one of the car seats but never actually took the kids out in the Supra.

Edit: Also get yourself some seat covers if serious about taking your kid in the Supra.

IMG_0588.jpeg

Suwopra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
This was my general assumption as well, so I've been hesistant on taking my son with me on trips with the Supra :(

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
This was my general assumption as well, so I've been hesistant on taking my son with me on trips with the Supra :(
Check your local state vehicle codes. Here in Cali you can put a car seat and transport a kid in the front passenger seat of a 2 door car that has no back seats. See CA Vehicle Code 27363(e)(1).

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
Kids legally in two seaters is fairly common through the land. But Legal and Optimum Safety aren't the same. The safety experts recommend the back seat for a reason. But man survived biased ply tires, kids can survive in two seaters. I wouldn't judge anyone for doing it as long as they have a good seat and they can turn off the passenger air bags.

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
My nearly 5 year old loves the Supra. He has been riding in it since he was in his late 2s. The downside of having a kid up front is that they can push every single button in reach. There is also no window button lock or child door lock so you got to keep that in mind too. Lastly, from what I read, if you pull the seatbelt all the way out so that it locks, it automatically turns the airbag off regardless of the weight sensor.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0
My nearly 5 year old loves the Supra. He has been riding in it since he was in his late 2s. The downside of having a kid up front is that they can push every single button in reach. There is also no window button lock or child door lock so you got to keep that in mind too. Lastly, from what I read, if you pull the seatbelt all the way out so that it locks, it automatically turns the airbag off regardless of the weight sensor.
I’m a single father to a soon to be four year old. I’ve never been a practical person for my daily cars. Lol. Much to my mothers annoyance. Even at my age at 39.

Thankfully with the current daily, a cammed Camaro SS, and being around other cars… he’s learned some car manners. Another reason I want his current booster to also have a harness as a precaution.

Diono or the Sparco seat are high on my list of choices for dimensions and safety for my boy. But, I’m a terrible shopper. The wife would do those things. lol.

Last edited:

ApexTheory

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 GR Supra 3.0 Premium MT
I've taken my 3 year old a few times in their Britax Boulevard car seat. From what I gather, it is fine as long as the passenger airbag is off (I ensure the warning light is activated on the headliner). He's good with the buttons, less so with kicking the dash (no problem, shoes come off).

I'm not able to find the Isofix points on my Canadian model (might be a European requirement?), so I use the seatbelt and rear tether. Can any NA drivers confirm if their passenger seat has these?

Been casually looking for a booster seat now. The Sparco and Recaro ones seem quality and low profile.
Sponsored