New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
-
What do you recommend for dropping it? I haven’t even started searching mods yet. I did plan on making some suspension tweaks for the track, as this will be track car. Track pads and better brake fluid are first on my list of mods. And tires.

I’ll have to look into Bimmercode. Seen it mentioned here a ton but haven’t looked into what it can do. I’m assuming some sort of software to make edits in the software/infotainment system.
Depends how much drop you want. I am leaning towards the Eibach springs used on the Z4 as it's only .8" front and back. Lots of options and threads on this.

I would also get the car aligned for sure (needed after springs anyway). Seems like a lot of cars have poor alignment from the factory which can make the ride unsettling at higher speeds.

Font sway bar and adjustable end links is easy to do. Rear sway bar you have to drop the subframe to replace so it's a pain or you will want to hire a reputable shop.

I would do one of the wind buffeting fixes, there is the $8 Amazon fix all the way up to $150+ carbon fiber fixes.

I also just ordered the ZL1 rock guards to help prevent rock chips as the paint on these cars is pretty soft.

There is also a great DIY thread to improve the factory audio system (Tada thread). I did it this weekend and it's a noticeable improvement.

I just did the Bimmercode thing and it's pretty cool, some of the changes you can do (like always starting in sport individual mode) are convenient.

Tons of mods out there. This platform is well supported.
Sponsored

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Welcome!

I know you’ll love your Supra, it is truly one of the best performance car bargains right now.

I recommend bigger front and rear sways. The car is much flatter in the corners and an absolute beast. I went with the Cuscos. Since the rear subframe has to come down, I got the car aligned afterwards. On my 2021, the factory alignment was good out of the box.

If you’ll be tracking it extensively, you’ll eventually want a solution for more neg camber.

I’m sticking with stock springs for now, as the car is quite low already (but not low enough to be a concern in daily driving). I don’t find the stock wheel gap to be visually ugly, but as with most cars, some people can’t stand the gap.

Excited to see your pics. Turbulence grey is beautiful!

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulance Gray
Awesome feedback, thank you all!

I’m okay with stock wheel gap, only reason I would want to change suspension setup would be for performance benefits, not aesthetics. If stock is good on track and there’s no added benefits switching out to coilovers, I won’t touch it.

Even on the 2021 models, I hear the rear end can be a bit playful on the track when pushed closer to its limits so I would like to dial that down a bit until I get more comfortable with the car. The 718 was balanced beautifully.

I will definitely be getting a wind buffeting fix ASAP as I’m sure I’ll be annoyed with it.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Awesome feedback, thank you all!

I’m okay with stock wheel gap, only reason I would want to change suspension setup would be for performance benefits, not aesthetics. If stock is good on track and there’s no added benefits switching out to coilovers, I won’t touch it.

Even on the 2021 models, I hear the rear end can be a bit playful on the track when pushed closer to its limits so I would like to dial that down a bit until I get more comfortable with the car. The 718 was balanced beautifully.

I will definitely be getting a wind buffeting fix ASAP as I’m sure I’ll be annoyed with it.
I'd recommend to drive it in stock form for 1 or 2 trackdays and figure out what you need. I drove it in stock form for about 6~8 track days before I started to update. those are below. You may or may not agree after few track days /w stock trim...

- Anti-Roll bar, Front & Rear.
- Brake pad after stock pad was gone. took 8,000 miles.
- tires. https://www.supramkv.com/threads/cheap-track-tires.6645/
- Verus rear Diffuser - gives me slight down force.

everything else is stock and don't have plan to add anything at the moment.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just picked it up. No chips or scuffs from their transportation! Maybe just one tiny spot but it’ll happen in my next 1200 miles anyways. I need to PPF this thing ASAP.

Attached are pics. Turbulence gray is way better in person. Has a nice bluish hue in the light. I love it.

7F8681F8-341B-4C5D-AF17-C57BA6F88FAA.jpeg

E29CF4B7-263C-4E10-8FFF-C6CD6C154138.jpeg

Last edited:

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just picked it up. No chips or scuffs from their transportation! Maybe just one tiny spot but it’ll happen in my next 1200 miles anyways. I need to PPF this thing ASAP.

Attached are pics. Turbulence gray is way better in person. Has a nice bluish hue in the light. I love it.
We have twins (even down to the OEM CF mirror caps). I picked my Turbulence Grey up about 2 weeks ago and this this is honestly the most excited I have been to own a car in a long time (just in the past 6 years a Golf R, Focus RS, C7 Z51 Corvette, ND Miata, Shelby GT350, and Camaro SS1LE). I really wanted a lightly used 718 GT4 or GTS (4.0) but the prices are insane right now and the Supra is so much fun for the money.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
We have twins (even down to the OEM CF mirror caps). I picked my Turbulence Grey up about 2 weeks ago and this this is honestly the most excited I have been to own a car in a long time (just in the past 6 years a Golf R, Focus RS, C7 Z51 Corvette, ND Miata, Shelby GT350, and Camaro SS1LE). I really wanted a lightly used 718 GT4 or GTS (4.0) but the prices are insane right now and the Supra is so much fun for the money.
Awesome and congrats! It’s a gorgeous color. A GT4 was definitely on my list as well, as I loved my base 718 and the GT4/GTS 4.0 would’ve been perfect but I also couldn’t justify spending nearly $100k on one, especially when I was going to track it a lot. This car offers amazing performance for the price. I was thinking of an SS 1LE because of its performance, but the Supra looks better IMO. How did you like SS 1LE
compared to the Supra?

Can’t wait to dial it in for track days.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Awesome and congrats! It’s a gorgeous color. A GT4 was definitely on my list as well, as I loved my base 718 and the GT4/GTS 4.0 would’ve been perfect but I also couldn’t justify spending nearly $100k on one, especially when I was going to track it a lot. This car offers amazing performance for the price. I was thinking of an SS 1LE because of its performance, but the Supra looks better IMO. How did you like SS 1LE
compared to the Supra?

Can’t wait to dial it in for track days.
The SS1LE is an amazing handling car. The 6 speed manual Tremec gearbox is really good. The suspension with magnetic dampers is really well tuned. The engine is good but somewhat boring, but at the end of the day the car is still really big and pretty heavy.

Just to compare the SS1LE to the 3.0 Supra
Overall 16” longer
Wheelbase is 14” longer
SS1LE is 2” taller and 2” wider
Curb weight is 400lbs more

And in reality the Supra drives even smaller and feels lighter. Same with the GT350. The biggest advantage for the Camaro is the large and sticky track tires that come stock.

I never loved the looks of the Camaro and just prefer smaller, lighter cars. The Supra chassis was designed from the ground up to be a purpose built sports car whereas the Camaro and Mustang were not.

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Something seems to be strange with my drivers seat, or maybe it’s normal after 300 miles.

It seems to be worn as if it has 3000 miles on it, but I just got it today. Does anyone else’s seat look like this? The grain on the bottom cushion is pretty smooth compared to the rest of the seat, as if it’s been driven for a while.

I’m only 160lbs so it’s not like I’m stretching it cos weight lol.

923728F3-0148-4AB9-9D4B-54FA3F7D5064.jpeg

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Looks like it’s been sat in a lot.
I like to know what idiot dealership went to pickup your Supra and drive it back for 150 miles…. Thats something you definitely need to address.

He probably went by all his buddies’ house to show off your car and let his buddies all drive it once…. Lol I know I would if I worked for a dealership and got to drive it back for a long distance!

Reactions: max

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks like it’s been sat in a lot.
I like to know what idiot dealership went to pickup your Supra and drive it back for 150 miles…. Thats something you definitely need to address.

He probably went by all his buddies’ house to show off your car and let his buddies all drive it once…. Lol I know I would if I worked for a dealership and got to drive it back for a long distance!
I sure hope not. The guy was an old guy apparently and the car was spotless but I just noticed this seat issue when getting out of it tonight. Do you think there’s anything I can ask them to do to fix the issue? I already had the chance to inspect it at the dealership and unfortunately didn’t catch this.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I sure hope not. The guy was an old guy apparently and the car was spotless but I just noticed this seat issue when getting out of it tonight. Do you think there’s anything I can ask them to do to fix the issue? I already had the chance to inspect it at the dealership and unfortunately didn’t catch this.
meguiars leather conditioner helps mine out. But take a photo and document it immediately and email it to them ASAP. Our leather quality isn’t as good as some manufacturers I noticed. :(

OneTimeAccount

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
meguiars leather conditioner helps mine out. But take a photo and document it immediately and email it to them ASAP. Our leather quality isn’t as good as some manufacturers I noticed. :(
Out to buy some of that stuff now lol. I just took photos and emailed them. We will see what they do. Worst case I live with it and buy a bucket seat if it wears out too fast

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Out to buy some of that stuff now lol. I just took photos and emailed them. We will see what they do. Worst case I live with it and buy a bucket seat if it wears out too fast
I use that stuff regularly on every car I own and it really helps the leather seats out alot.
Sponsored