New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

Frankybones

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 Tacoma TRD PRO, 20 Supra
Ever been to the museum in HubbardsTon, MA? They have a restored SR5 on display. https://www.88mphtimemachine.com/
Im actually embarassed this is the first time I am hearing about this. I lived in Central MA my entire life and Back to the Future is probably my all time favorite movies and I have never been there. Im all set with going back but if I do I willl have to try and make it there. I was in love with this truck as a kid.

back-to-the-future-toyota-truck-1-thumb-960xauto-115003.jpeg

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Congrats on the new ride!

SlickSupra

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mustang Cobra , Saleen, F-150 Tremor, 21 Supra.
Hello. I will have to post a pic of the Supra tomorrow. Just realized I didn't have a picture til now. Supra is a 2021 3.0.

Attachments

Loui

First Name
Loui
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Welcome! Enjoy your new car. Any mods planned?
Actually yes. First, I want to add a new intake and inter-cooler pipe. Followed by a new AWE Tuning Exhaust. (https://www.awe-tuning.com/).

My main question is, which intake should I get? I was looking at the INJEN POWER PACKAGE SYSTEM SUPRA A90 (https://x-ph.com/injen-power-packag...MI_cqh3pfe8QIV0R6tBh2paQuNEAQYBCABEgL3l_D_BwE), and that's about it. I talk to Injen (over chat) and they said i would fit my a91.

Any thoughts would be great!

Loui

First Name
Loui
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Welcome and nice ride. Please do everything possible to keep it out of the Salvage Registry thread. ?

-RJM
Keeping of the salvage registry wont be an issue. I currently dealing with people trying to constantly race me--there are sleeper cars everywhere!

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Keeping of the salvage registry wont be an issue. I currently dealing with people trying to constantly race me--there are sleeper cars everywhere!
I hear you, every time I’m out cars pull up to me and start revving their engines. Even the pizza delivery guys in their Hyundais want a piece of the action.

-RJM

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
Actually yes. First, I want to add a new intake and inter-cooler pipe. Followed by a new AWE Tuning Exhaust. (https://www.awe-tuning.com/).

My main question is, which intake should I get? I was looking at the INJEN POWER PACKAGE SYSTEM SUPRA A90 (https://x-ph.com/injen-power-packag...MI_cqh3pfe8QIV0R6tBh2paQuNEAQYBCABEgL3l_D_BwE), and that's about it. I talk to Injen (over chat) and they said i would fit my a91.

LOVING my HKS system, super loud and full carbon fiber. Just put it in this week! Highly recommended

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

Welcome.

I don't mean to be picky on this, but you have a 2021 A90 Supra (either 3.0 or 3.0 premium), not an "A91 edition". Toyota made this kind of confusing... Just wanted to point it out to not have that be a hang-up for parts to pick from. ;) *BUT be aware the aftermarket messes this distinction up too... so just do your homework when shopping around

As far as differences for aftermarket I believe the biggest thing to be aware of is the change from a 2-port exhaust manifold in the 2020 to a 6-port in the 2021+. This has caused fitment issues for some downpipes, turbo heatshields, very few intakes (AWE being the only one I'm aware of), and obviously turbo kits. Other than that there pretty much the same...

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Welcome.

I don't mean to be picky on this, but you have a 2021 A90 Supra (either 3.0 or 3.0 premium), not an "A91 edition". Toyota made this kind of confusing... Just wanted to point it out to not have that be a hang-up for parts to pick from. ;) *BUT be aware the aftermarket messes this distinction up too... so just do your homework when shopping around

As far as differences for aftermarket I believe the biggest thing to be aware of is the change from a 2-port exhaust manifold in the 2020 to a 6-port in the 2021+. This has caused fitment issues for some downpipes, turbo heatshields, very few intakes (AWE being the only one I'm aware of), and obviously turbo kits. Other than that there pretty much the same...
Yup - you don't have an A91, you have an A90. The A90, as far as parts are concerned, come in three flavors. 2020, 2021 3.0L, and 2021 2.0L.

The difference in the 2020 3.0L and the 2021 3.0L are tunability (though not always) and the number of ports on the manifold. The 2020 has a two-port manifold, the 2021 has a 6 port.

Loui

First Name
Loui
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Welcome.

A90 it is--which means that I can install a methanol kit 'cause I read somewhere that the newer models ECU's are locked. That said, there is nobody in UT that I know that can make a chip tune (luckily I'm moving to CA)--but that is conversation for another day.

Anyhow, any thoughts on the air intakes (and inter-cooler pipe)? there are several brand out there (and youtube videos) so I'm not set in a particular one. The other options are HKS, MST, etc; but they all seem to perform the same fuction(s)--any help here would be great!.

Ktowndevil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90
My wife regularly takes ours to her work (she works at the police station) and loves driving it. She's 6 feet and fits easy. Everything stays in her purse, not really any storage space. She loves the Refraction Blue and insisted on tint when we picked it up (fine by me ? ) and we picked out which catback we wanted from YouTube videos. She NEVER cared about mods with my other cars, but the Supra she's much more interested in. It's pretty awesome. Makes buying stuff for the car very easy.
i know where i am sending my fix it tickets ?
2wcgwa8udrp7vz64mrhx7tk67gen8jdzw8qb8fzg&rid=giphy.gif
Sponsored