New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

A_Warm_Gun

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition, 2004 Subaru WRX (Modded)
Yes I saw and, I agree, they look great but , yes, very expensive. I know it's carbon fiber but I'm surprised they don't also want my first born son for it. No thanks.
Sponsored

WLDMKV

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra GTS
Welcome! Always nice to see another Aussie here!

Bimmercode is great, if you're after more things to do Carguy11 has some YouTube videos with walk throughs

Licence plate Drilled into the front bumper is definitely a crazy idea for the Australian market, feel sorry for anyone who had that done... I got the CravenSpeed side mounted one and loving it, took about a month to arrive though

Where you've got it now will block air but it's ok and functional unless you're gonna track it, I had it cable tied in the same spot until this arrived

https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-platypus-license-plate-mount-for-2020-toyota-supra/
PXL_20201001_001332864.jpg
PXL_20201001_013308287.jpg
Thanks for the pointers. Yours looks great!
Love the Japanese style plates too.

monkey_alan

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Monza Red Supra
Do I spy a QLD plate? G'day from fellow Qlder I picked mine up about a month ago.

I had a Megane RS R26 great car.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
I'm a WRX driver that gave up on waiting for the next generation STI, so I decided the WRX is for winter driving duty and I wanted a fun summer vehicle.

At the end of August I decided to purchase a Supra, went to the local dealer for a test drive, and he threw me the keys to a new 2021 and sent me on my way. ~5 miles of driving was enough to sell me. (I was gentle with it if you bought it after my test drive. I just didn't like the color.)

Long story short / tl;dr: A month later I *almost* got what I wanted, and this is by far the worst overall car buying experience I've had.
car.jpg

This is such a sexy car despite the hassles I've had buying it.

Abbreviated (!) full version of the purchase:
After settling on a rough price for a phantom gray, I saw that the A91 was a similar price and asked if the dealer could get one after I got spooked on the "hand wash only" of the phantom. They said they couldn't get the A91 and referred me to a second larger dealer who was supremely confident they could get the A91.
Dealer 2 could not. It took weeks to go from "no problem" to "we've been ghosted on this A91". OK, I get it, I wasn't truly expecting it to be easy since I've been reading and enjoying this forum since August.

With both of the dealers, I'm adamant that I get a car with no test driven miles on it, and I'm willing to wait a reasonable time for it. I want to break it in with a specific procedure for the first 100 miles and know the car hasn't been abused.
Dealer 2 falls back and tries to get a regular nocturnal car from the dock with the two PPF packages (instead of the easily available hood only). This turns into another week or so of delays at the same time the A91 was getting held up for everyone.
Dealer 1 says they can transport a car on a carrier from a nearby dealer and the car has no miles on it, especially not test driven miles. OK, sold. I cancelled the order with dealer 2 since they took a month to not get me anything. I understand it's not entirely their fault, just bad timing.

I go to pick up the car yesterday - it looks gorgeous. I sign all the paperwork and the dealer has me drive over to the gas station around the corner to fill it up because he knows I want to break in the car my way. I gas up, go back to the dealership and notice that the odometer has *87* miles on it. This is so 2020 that I sit there trying to figure out how this all got so screwed up while I kick myself for trusting the dealer. So I get my phone hooked up to the car, and try to decide where to do some joyriding since it's my car now. The navigation doesn't work at all and needs "USB with code" attached to enable it. I ask the sales guy to come out and take a look at it, then ask why the car has about 85 more miles on it than I'm expecting. "I don't know, we must have been lied to about the car." I don't even know how to respond.

I ask them to look into the navigation and get back to me, then take a drive. 10 minutes later I get called to come in to have the navigation fixed. *Two hours later* I'm still sitting in the service center as they try to figure out my BMW. They are now waiting for something on their end and I'll have to go back. I've also asked them to call up the lying dealer they got it from and find out if the car was test driven and/or how it was driven for those 87 miles. Honestly I don't expect anything but lies in the chain at this point so I'm a bit resigned to having a car that some yahoo probably launched a few times and beat on for fun. I wanted to keep this car for long term, but I may change my mind in a few years. I'm probably overreacting, but I truly didn't get what I wanted despite clearly stating it over and over (I'm leaving out other relevant side stories at that).

Both dealers I dealt with directly were actually pretty good to work with and I think they did their best to be accommodating. However, in the end they couldn't deliver properly. Every other new car purchase I've ever had has been far more pleasant, and this is the most expensive car I've bought. The purchase experience was as bad as the vehicle is good.
You should have had to sign a odometer statement at closing that states and confirms the actual mileage. The statement is to confiem that they have confirmed the mileage on the car at closing with you and it is indeed what it is. You should have been given a copy of the odometer statment. What does that statement have listed for the mileage? They knowingly screwed you if the mileage on the statement was lower. Or if they did not confirm the mileage when you signed the statement? They probably thought you would miss it? To be totally honest, the business manager makes it a point to disclose the actual correct mileage at closing. Every car I have ever bought was like that. It would be considered fraud if they listed less miles then the actual mileage at delivery.

It's a done deal now so I would not sweat it. Enjoy the car!

BananaBandolero

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
S14, A91
You should have had to sign a odometer statement at closing that states and confirms the actual mileage. The statement is to confiem that they have confirmed the mileage on the car at closing with you and it is indeed what it is. You should have been given a copy of the odometer statment. What does that statement have listed for the mileage? They knowingly screwed you if the mileage on the statement was lower. Or if they did not confirm the mileage when you signed the statement? They probably thought you would miss it? To be totally honest, the business manager makes it a point to disclose the actual correct mileage at closing. Every car I have ever bought was like that. It would be considered fraud if they listed less miles then the actual mileage at delivery.

It's a done deal now so I would not sweat it. Enjoy the car!
I had a similar situation. Odo said 40mi, but the forms said 10mi. I had no reason to not believe 10mi, and hadnt been given the opportunity to look myself, nor did I ask for it. There any kind of recourse besides google reviews?

It kind of doesn't matter and I have no way to prove it, but the dealer did so many small shitty things I kind of want to call them out...

Grimsby

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 GTS 2019; Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fixed the License plate issue with side plate mounting bracket from Perrin.
Much better...
supra side mount plate.jpg
Hi, looks great and I even think I saw your lovely black Supra in Morningside, Brisbane delearship a couple of weeks ago awaiting collection? Looked awesome if it was yours!
I’m hopefully picking mine up in Goodwood Grey next week and was wondering if when moving your existing front plate mount there were any drill holes visible in the body that needed work?
Thanks for the good post, I never gave that a lot of thought until now. But like the new look.

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
I had a similar situation. Odo said 40mi, but the forms said 10mi. I had no reason to not believe 10mi, and hadnt been given the opportunity to look myself, nor did I ask for it. There any kind of recourse besides google reviews?

It kind of doesn't matter and I have no way to prove it, but the dealer did so many small shitty things I kind of want to call them out...
Sometimes it's a lazy saleman or business manager and a honest mistake. I'd just enjoy the car at this point.
Sponsored