New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

Itengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
congrats!
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Congrats on the new car. My 2020 had about 40 miles on the odo even though the dealer ad showed 8miles. It was fine, I buy new cars almost ever year on a rotation (I usually own 6+ cars) and some cars were bought with only 3-4 miles one had over 1000miles (sold as new, LOL). They were all fine. When I signed the papers it had over 50miles with my test drive.

Depending on car I go super anal looking over everything on the car taking my time. On my Supra I took at least 30min just looking over the car checking how deep the dealer induced swirls were, any sign of transport damage repairs, dings, interior scratches, etc. took her out for a long-ish test drive with the sales guy checking all features work including nav.

My car signed off so paid cash and drove off. While I had the price agreed prior to my arrival, it still took about 2hours for the entire transaction mainly me taking my dandy time looking over the car.

Nick Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2016 Tacoma Limited, 1998 Hemi TJ by AEV
Unfortunate. I had a pretty good experience getting mine. Requested the exact color I wanted, and had it taken care of financially before I even set foot in the dealer. Even had it displayed nice and pretty in one of their showroom garages and made it feel like I was purchasing a supercar. Took 1.5 hours from foot in door to driving home, and 90% of that time was letting the dealer tell me about the car. She was proud she knew so much, and didn't have the heart to tell her no since she took the time to learn about the car.

Trojan1992

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS3, GT3, TRD Pro 4Runner and 2020 V60 Polestar T8
Congrats on your car, enjoy.

I read all these and had flashbacks from last year when I bought mine. It's on here somewhere...but the idiot listed " range remaining" on the odometer statement! Car had 11 miles not 141 when the paperwork arrived ( bought out of state)
I ended up with 2k off the car ( when there were no discounts and free CF mirror caps) I have bought a FJ, TRD Pro 4Runner as my only non German cars and I always have lower expectations so I don't get too mad.

prfinest71

First Name
Angel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
95 Supra/21 GR Supra/11 BMW X6M/05 350Z
hello guys my name is Angel. Cars are my bad habit but my wife let me get away with it. Im a train conductor for NJ Transit and have a small business selling performance parts and sound systems..

DavesMK2JZ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold 1984MK2JZ
My names Dave and I like to party!
Old school Supra guy now new school Supra guy! SoCal

Attachments

Grimsby

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A90 GTS 2019; Jeep Grand Cherokee
Hi All, now the proud owner of this beauty in Goodwood Grey all the way from Brisbane, Australia. Looking forward to being part of this special community and many kms of happy driving

Attachments

Moorman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Car(s)
2020 Supra (RIP); 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range

Supra Cat

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0, 4Runner, Mustang GT/CS, NA Miata
Hello from above the 49th Parallel! Just squeezed in five weeks of driving my 2021 3.0, before the temperature dropped below freezing and the Michelins turned to hockey pucks!
IMG_6104.JPG
Sponsored