New (and old) SupraMKV members say hello!

Lenny0

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
Whatā€™s up everyone?!

just picked up my phantom matte grey Supra from the dealer yesterday. Absolutely in love with the car, BUT I mentioned that I did not want the front plate mounted(in NY you must have a front plate) even the salesman recommended I that I donā€™t have it mounted. When I went to pick it up to my surprise, they mounted the front plate to the bumper against my request. Today I took it off and was absolutely appalled by what I saw. 5 drill holes in my brand new 2020 Toyota Supra front bumper. I donā€™t even know what to do. Any advice would be awesome.

FAF89C4B-BAED-4D55-911A-689A1C81A7F5.jpeg

Ale81

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350
Since you specified that you didn't want the plate mounted the dealership should correct their mistake. I would return to the dealer and ask them how they plan to correct their error., ie. new bumper, bodyshop, etc. Hopefully you put it in writing that you didn't want the plate mounted.
Other than that, congrats on your new Supra. Very nice color also!

Lenny0

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR
Since you specified that you didn't want the plate mounted the dealership should correct their mistake. I would return to the dealer and ask them how they plan to correct their error., ie. new bumper, bodyshop, etc. Hopefully you put it in writing that you didn't want the plate mounted.
Ugh unfortunately I didnā€™t get it in writing. Didnā€™t think I needed to when the salesman said he would let the guys prepping the car know. Iā€™m going to call then tomorrow. Luckily I hear a witness worry me that hears the salesman tell me that. Itā€™s just a shame to do that to any new car let alone this car. Thank you for your suggestion. And thanks! I love the color.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I am wondering why you have a front tag on the front. When we lived there not long ago we weren't required to put the front plate on. Has Ca. changed the law.
CA has always had a law of having a front plate, but after i recently got my car PC'd and FeynLab Self Heal coated, my detailer convinced me i should run without it. I say it's skeptical for me because i don't want unnecessary cop trouble, but at the same time, i always knew that the car looked waaaaaay better without it on. Soo it's off now lol.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
Welcome Tom, that's one of my favorite colors on the new Supra. :thumbsup:
Sponsored