New PB at Pitt Race - 1:58.71

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Just wanted to share my new PB at Pitt Race full course - 1:58.71! Definitely more time in it as the car currently sits. Feels pretty good when a Supra on stock power runs 2 seconds faster than a handful of GT4s and some 911s ;)

Build list is in the description, TL;DR stock power, HKS Springs, Nankang CRS, Recaro Pole Position

Sponsored

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Good stuff Evan!

Pitt Race is on my short list of tracks I'd like to drive on that are relatively close to me. Fun watching you run it in a Supra.

I need better seats lol.

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
GOLLY. Awesome job. Same mods as me sans seat and springs. How do the HKS feel on track? Too soft I've heard.

OP
OP
rwense

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Good stuff Evan!

Pitt Race is on my short list of tracks I'd like to drive on that are relatively close to me. Fun watching you run it in a Supra.

I need better seats lol.
Thanks man! I can 100% recommend Pitt race, its a fantastic track. facilities are great, the track surface itself is really smooth, and the elevation change is really fun. Lmk if you are ever up my way, we'll have to meet up!

Also dude, seats changed my world 😂 I no longer have neck pain from craning my neck forward due to the OEM headrest and I can actually commit to the throttle through the S's and such since I dont need to brace myself. Highly recommend a Recaro Pole Position whether its the FIA or ABE version. Ive sat in both and at least for my frame (5'9", 165lbs) it fits really well. Little tip though, pick up a $10 amazon inflatable lumbar pillow, it helps a lot.

OP
OP
rwense

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GOLLY. Awesome job. Same mods as me sans seat and springs. How do the HKS feel on track? Too soft I've heard.
Thanks dude! Honestly this is the first car I've actually tracked seriously with, so as I'm pushing more and more I am definitely finding them to be a bit too soft. I imagine when I add a wing and splitter it'll only get worse. But tbh if you are new to tracking or want a forgiving road/track set, they're pretty great!

I'll be going to a set of Ohlins R&T over the winter though!

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I'm holding out for Ohlins at a minimum. There was a set of HKS SP IVs in the for sale section that I slept on. They sold when I was ready to purchase :/

OP
OP
rwense

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm holding out for Ohlins at a minimum. There was a set of HKS SP IVs in the for sale section that I slept on. They sold when I was ready to purchase :/
Ugh that sucks, yeah in hindsight I would have gone to Ohlins to begin with, but I also didnt want to start shoveling a butt load of money at the car until I figured out what it needed. Super excited to try them out though!

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
Just wanted to share my new PB at Pitt Race full course - 1:58.71! Definitely more time in it as the car currently sits. Feels pretty good when a Supra on stock power runs 2 seconds faster than a handful of GT4s and some 911s ;)

Build list is in the description, TL;DR stock power, HKS Springs, Nankang CRS, Recaro Pole Position

Awesome, kudos to you and the Supra!

BTW, what sizes were you running on the CRS? Square or staggered?

OP
OP
rwense

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Awesome, kudos to you and the Supra!

BTW, what sizes were you running on the CRS? Square or staggered?
Hey thanks! its a square setup of 275/40r18

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Nice! It's amazing how much of a difference a seat makes, right?

I wish I could drive Pitt Race but it's 7 hours from me, not sure why @decodeddiesel is saying it's relatively close to him, he is further east than I am, lmao!
Still closer than VIR 😆

OP
OP
rwense

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice! It's amazing how much of a difference a seat makes, right?

I wish I could drive Pitt Race but it's 7 hours from me, not sure why @decodeddiesel is saying it's relatively close to him, he is further east than I am, lmao!
Thanks man! And yeah it's wild!

Speaking of 7hrs, I drove around that to see gridlife up at Limerock. Hopefully sometime next year I can make my way up there and drive it! I keep seeing videos from you a Peter and it seems fun. Simple, but fun. That and Club motorsports are on the list.
Sponsored