2019 4Runner TRD Off Road
possibly because the lower spec model is for Europe only
Sponsored

supra85

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GT86 with Volk 37 SL wheels
Source: German Toyota Supra Community: https://www.toyota-supra.de/blogs/post/70/neuer-toyota-supra-erstmalig-den-handlern-vorgestellt

Translation:

On Wednesday, the 29th of November, Toyota's dealership meeting took place in Copenhagen and we would not be a Toyota Supra Community, if we did not have some more information and could confirm this firsthand.

The event was split into an international and national business meeting, where Toyota's strategies and goals were presented until 2021.

Often longtime Toyota vehicle owners have criticized the emotionless vehicle strategy of Toyota, but as one of the three strategic cornerstones is called "emotions", which should be accompanied, inter alia, by the well-known Waku Doki philosophy and the Gazoo Racing.

In addition to information on the B-SUV or the new 2021er Hybrid Highlander, also the almost final model of the new Toyota Supra was presented. So that no photos could be made, all visitors had to hand over their smartphones.

To everyone's surprise, the new Toyota Supra was presented with the words "This is the new Supra," by Akio Toyoda in person, because a presentation / publication was not pre-announced at the meeting.

blog_image_5a25367656197.jpg

According to the statement, the digitally processed vehicle (see above) most closely resembles the presented new Toyota Supra.
Sale only in 2019 and with a capacity of 340hp

The new Toyota should be until 2019 at our dealers to buy. Initially, BMW will offer its new Z4 model developed in cooperation with Toyota, followed by the new Toyota Supra one year later.

There should be two variants with different tail lights. The top model should have a power of 340hp, but no hybrid. Because the presentation presented to us will make the Highlander with 280 hp the most powerful hybrid model out of the house.

SupraGuy19

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CRV Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Source: German Toyota Supra Community: https://www.toyota-supra.de/blogs/post/70/neuer-toyota-supra-erstmalig-den-handlern-vorgestellt

Translation:

On Wednesday, the 29th of November, Toyota's dealership meeting took place in Copenhagen and we would not be a Toyota Supra Community, if we did not have some more information and could confirm this firsthand.

The event was split into an international and national business meeting, where Toyota's strategies and goals were presented until 2021.

Often longtime Toyota vehicle owners have criticized the emotionless vehicle strategy of Toyota, but as one of the three strategic cornerstones is called "emotions", which should be accompanied, inter alia, by the well-known Waku Doki philosophy and the Gazoo Racing.

In addition to information on the B-SUV or the new 2021er Hybrid Highlander, also the almost final model of the new Toyota Supra was presented. So that no photos could be made, all visitors had to hand over their smartphones.

To everyone's surprise, the new Toyota Supra was presented with the words "This is the new Supra," by Akio Toyoda in person, because a presentation / publication was not pre-announced at the meeting.

blog_image_5a25367656197.jpg

According to the statement, the digitally processed vehicle (see above) most closely resembles the presented new Toyota Supra.
Sale only in 2019 and with a capacity of 340hp

The new Toyota should be until 2019 at our dealers to buy. Initially, BMW will offer its new Z4 model developed in cooperation with Toyota, followed by the new Toyota Supra one year later.

There should be two variants with different tail lights. The top model should have a power of 340hp, but no hybrid. Because the presentation presented to us will make the Highlander with 280 hp the most powerful hybrid model out of the house.
Congrats Mike Papas. Your photo just got featured.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
At this pace it seems like late 2019 for the base model and 2020 / 2021+ for the GR version. Then again who knows how much more $$$ they will be asking for this one and how much of a power bump is coming with it.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
^ agreed, I fully expect the GRMN/TRD version to come out a year later.

the car's goals are to have a power level around 400hp +/- and to drop a little more weight

I'd venture to say the price bump will be substantial (~$20k) if Lexus F models are any sort of indication.

Last edited:

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
If it has the B58 BMW 6 cylinder engine it will probably have a little more than 340 i believe . I would say closer to 260hp
I do feel the same, but I would rather have a 340hp 6 cylinder as a base model vs that rumored shitty 4 banger with only 200-250hp.
i thought the 4 cylinder was testing with about 290hp give or take.

Last edited:

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I was told the 4cyl was tested with a higher output than 240hp (probably was), but knowing what I know now I would say it's best to just disregard that motor overall as it's just a testing platform not destined for production.

...maybe they're testing the 4cyl as a potential engine for the yet to be started gen 2 86 mwahaha

(kidding)

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
If it has the B58 BMW 6 cylinder engine it will probably have a little more than 340 i believe . I would say closer

i thought the 4 cylinder was testing with about 290hp give or take.
They do have a B48 that makes 300hp. But for me it is also about image. This is Toyota's flagship sports car. IMO it should have no less than 6 cyl to be a successor to the 2000GT/Supra line.

http://www.supramkv.com/threads/wil...ill-produce-300hp-in-x2-m35i-2-series-gc.690/
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.