OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Heard back from NASA and it appears the contacts that sent me a confirmation today were unaware of a recall.
Sponsored

ImDaBaron

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Launch Edition
You know I thought about the starting issue and I'm sure it wasn't her as she only had the car for a week but I don't believe I did it either. Certainly not as how they describe it in the report.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Does this mean that the Supra should not be driven at all until the fix and update are ready????
I'm driving mine. Is BMW even certain that it is the starting sequence that is causing the failure, or just random failures on the pump or it's peripherals.. who knows. It's probably a bigger problem on certain pumps and they probably don't have a clue what is causing it.

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Supra tech at the Toyota dealership today:

Yeah I see the recall notice in here but it says "no known remedy at this time"

So there's that from them for now.

Lol

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I have a track day coming up in September and if they are potentially canceling track days because of it then that makes me question what I should do...

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I have a track day coming up in September and if they are potentially canceling track days because of it then that makes me question what I should do...
In what capacity? If it's canceled, then you shouldn't go.. lol.

OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Well it isn’t through the NASA/Toyota and they likely are not going to know…
If it's not through the GR NASA Program then send it. I'm personally not concerned about the issue - period. But either cause of potential optics and/or legalities, since it's a Toyota sponsored program, they have to step in to cancel.

If you're doing it yourself, that's completely on you - not even on the organizers.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If it's not through the GR NASA Program then send it. I'm personally not concerned about the issue - period. But either cause of potential optics and/or legalities, since it's a Toyota sponsored program, they have to step in to cancel.

If you're doing it yourself, that's completely on you - not even on the organizers.
I dont care if youre concerned or not. I just said that I was thinking about what i should do in my situation (by replying and thinking out loud on the forums). If it is something that Toyota has cancelled for their own events, serious issue or not, it has to make you think about should you continue to do your event a little bit.

OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I dont care if youre concerned or not. I just said that I was thinking about what i should do in my situation (by replying and thinking out loud on the forums). If it is something that Toyota has cancelled for their own events, serious issue or not, it has to make you think about should you continue to do your event a little bit.
I get where you're coming from and I'm sorry if my response was unclear.
In earlier discussions, lost in this thread, I had brought up the fact that most HPDE sessions have an out-lap where you would not be driving full-tilt and would have many braking attempts before the hot laps. My reading of BMW/Toyota's description, tells me that I'm going to experience a loss of power brakes within 5-6 brake applications.

If you personally do not have confidence in your vehicle and believe it might result in any type of harm, reach out to your organizers - feel free to include recall information, a copy of Toyota's emails to NASA participants - and see if they'll offer you credit for a future session or a full refund. Good organizations would not penalize you for a legitimate concern or something not within your full control. The caveats are usually timing - the more heads up you give to an organizer the happier they'll be open to working with you to find an agreeable solution.

Hope that's more helpful than my last response.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I get where you're coming from and I'm sorry if my response was unclear.
In earlier discussions, lost in this thread, I had brought up the fact that most HPDE sessions have an out-lap where you would not be driving full-tilt and would have many braking attempts before the hot laps. My reading of BMW/Toyota's description, tells me that I'm going to experience a loss of power brakes within 5-6 brake applications.

If you personally do not have confidence in your vehicle and believe it might result in any type of harm, reach out to your organizers - feel free to include recall information, a copy of Toyota's emails to NASA participants - and see if they'll offer you credit for a future session or a full refund. Good organizations would not penalize you for a legitimate concern or something not within your full control. The caveats are usually timing - the more heads up you give to an organizer the happier they'll be open to working with you to find an agreeable solution.

Hope that's more helpful than my last response.
The part I missed, and now I look like a dick, was I thought it was instant failure. If there is 5 to 6 applications then you should be able to notice by then.

im sending it.

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Back to the subject though of these updates/safety recall fix that BMW/Toyota say they will be coming out with, I am sure a lot of us are very hesitant to take our cars back to the dealership. Can a BMW oriented shop typically do these updates that are released by manufacturers? or do they only give the software to dealerships?
Sponsored