NHTSA Recalls (Aug 3, 2021) - Remedy Available

felcrum

First Name
Abdullah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Prem, '20 RC350
The service manager from the dealership that sold me the car called me. Apparently my car is not safe to drive. I'm not sure if it's actually dangerous. He has a loaner Avalon for me for until October.

The car is less than 2 months old. I haven't even made a single payment.

Extremely disappointing.
Update: Remedy Available. The service manager informed me that my car will be ready on the 20th. I doubt it. My vehicle has been at the dealer for 12 days.

(Unrelated side note, the Avalon is trash)
Sponsored

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Update: Remedy Available. The service manager informed me that my car will be ready on the 20th. I doubt it. My vehicle has been at the dealer for 12 days.

Anyone else heard a remedy is available?

I was just told yesterday that there wasn't one, so curious if the information just haven't been circulated widely yet.

Tsar

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Anyone else heard a remedy is available?

I was just told yesterday that there wasn't one, so curious if the information just haven't been circulated widely yet.
Toyota's website say it's not available yet and projected to be available in October.

Attachments

YellowJacket

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Toyota Supra 3.0

I think they realized they goofed by giving you a rental car basically indefinitely and they want their car back.

My toyota dealer says no Remedy available yet.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Toyota's website say it's not available yet and projected to be available in October.
I’m glad to hear this problem will not occur to anyone before October. :rolleyes:

There is no recall announced for the Japan market.. only in the USA (?) cause we’re always looking for opportunities to sue someone..?

afree

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have to ask, who here that's tuned plans on getting this recall remedied by the dealer? Myself have no braking issues but no way am I just going to give it up unless I'm forced to (which is that even possible and any negative repercussions for not doing it?).

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'll probably do it when the time comes but I do have an email out to my tuner @visconti to see if I can bench unlock post the recall update.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I was told if you press the start button 10x fast that it puts the car in Ludacris mode..... 978 Torque and 1100 WHP....

jk lol
That would be cool shit. Like a cheat code lmao haha

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Remedy available, my SA just called me today. Also told me to expect my ECU to be locked. I said no problem, I’ll just get it bench unlocked. He said, “nope, Toyota is shutting down all ECU tunes.” Great.

KBG

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Remedy available, my SA just called me today. Also told me to expect my ECU to be locked. I said no problem, I’ll just get it bench unlocked. He said, “nope, Toyota is shutting down all ECU tunes.” Great.
John Visconti responded stating that I would just need a bench unlock post update.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'm now highly suspect of anything this guy says. Because Toyota has nothing to do with the ECU locks. It's a Bosch thing. This thing will be able to be unlocked/flashed sooner or later if not immediately with a bench unlock.