Nissan GTR vs Supra

alexsvoss

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
I liked how mine sounded with downpipes, resonated midpipe and stock exhaust. GT-Rs def sound unique and you can tell when one is coming. My Supra doesn't really sound that special and is one thing I'll miss from the GT-R.

Thinking about getting one white_turbo or did you get one already? Good to see you over here.
with full exhaust + catless the supra sounds so good trust me
Sponsored

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
Vehicle Showcase
Thinking about getting one white_turbo or did you get one already? Good to see you over here.
I am likely going to be a long time lurker here. I just can't get over the whole ZF transmission. Maybe the Supra will evolve in the next few years to something I really want.?

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I am likely going to be a long time lurker here. I just can't get over the whole ZF transmission. Maybe the Supra will evolve in the next few years to something I really want.?
whatā€™s wrong the zf transmission? Have you driven an a90 yet?

Snorlax27

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 1995 E36 M3
Believe me my friend, I didnā€™t think I would enjoy an automatic transmission either. Boy was that a pleasant surprise.

ZF has been supplying BMW with transmissions for ages. The brand shouldnā€™t be an issue. If you want a manual, I hear you. I love rowing through my gears just as much as anyone else, but you have to give the ZF auto a chance:wave:

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
whatā€™s wrong the zf transmission? Have you driven an a90 yet?
Believe me my friend, I didnā€™t think I would enjoy an automatic transmission either. Boy was that a pleasant surprise.

ZF has been supplying BMW with transmissions for ages. The brand shouldnā€™t be an issue. If you want a manual, I hear you. I love rowing through my gears just as much as anyone else, but you have to give the ZF auto a chance:wave:
Nothing wrong with the ZF, just my preference if I was going to get a new car. I get it if, it is no different than when DCT/PDK first came out, people were not very receptive to them. For me, I have had my DCT for over 10 years now, so if I am going to switch, I really want to get a stick shift if I can help it. :thumbsup:

Also, I'd like to see if the 2022 Supra is going to get another 50hp bump. :p

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Nothing wrong with the ZF, just my preference if I was going to get a new car. I get it if, it is no different than when DCT/PDK first came out, people were not very receptive to them. For me, I have had my DCT for over 10 years now, so if I am going to switch, I really want to get a stick shift if I can help it. :thumbsup:

you never answered my question of ever having driven an a90 Supra yet? Lol

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
you never answered my question of ever having driven an a90 Supra yet? Lol
Ah no, I have not. I am waiting for that opportunity at a local autox and ask for a drive. LOL

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Ah no, I have not. I am waiting for that opportunity at a local autox and ask for a drive. LOL
i was super skeptical and didnā€™t like it was an auto at first too. I test drove one at Toyota luckily and it sold me instantly and fell in love.

jojogts

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 GTR, 2020 Supra, 2000 ViperGTS, 93 FD RX7, 2008 Evo X,
Well without reading every post here I will touch on a few that I have read. I have a 16 GTR and a 2020 Supra and they are equally nice in different ways, the GTR is a fbo car making 640awhp and is quick. I believe with a few thousand dollars, say 6K I think the Supra would be just as fast the gtr at half the cost it is also a well balanced car and feels half the weight of the GTR. I also have a Viper gts and it is nothing like either one. Personally Iā€™d take the Viper all day every day over both....

Pathfindercod

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition Refraction Blue

Man you aren't kidding. I miss a stick shift but this transmission is really REALLY good. The manual mode with paddles isnt near as bad as my 370z nismo (the manual shifting in it with paddles was a joke). The Supra is actually not bad at all playing with the manual mode/shifters.

Jon H

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 GT-R, 2021 Supra, X7

The ZF is a good transmission but it isn't a fun transmission. I prefer the DCT in the GT-R as the downshifts are more pronounced and a little more feedback with the upshifts. The action in the paddles feels more satisfying in the GT-R as well. Supra reminds me of the cars these days that have paddles as an after thought so I'm hoping there's a way to change that. I do like that you can change gears with the gear selector, one thing I wish the GT-R had and is useful for around town driving. ZF is definitely much smoother all around and daily driving.

Of course I'd much prefer a manual.

RIPZ4

First Name
zhuang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
a90 supra
I had gtr which is 2017 and FBO, tuned by Visconti. car was amazing and I own a supra right now, car has done e50 DP and charge pipe tune by Visconti also, as daily, supra>GTRm as track day also supra >gtr(depends on GTR's horrible cooling system that would need a lot of mods to upgrade), as drag race they were similar performance, but remember parts and labor on the gtr are much expensive than supra, I'm very enjoying my S right now!(sorry for my English skills, )

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2017 Cadillac XT5, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2001 Honda F4i
Well without reading every post here I will touch on a few that I have read. I have a 16 GTR and a 2020 Supra and they are equally nice in different ways, the GTR is a fbo car making 640awhp and is quick. I believe with a few thousand dollars, say 6K I think the Supra would be just as fast the gtr at half the cost it is also a well balanced car and feels half the weight of the GTR. I also have a Viper gts and it is nothing like either one. Personally Iā€™d take the Viper all day every day over both....
I have to ask, why the Viper over the GTR and Supra all day, every day?
Sponsored