Nissan GTR vs Supra

jojogts

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 GTR, 2020 Supra, 2000 ViperGTS, 93 FD RX7, 2008 Evo X,
The Viper is just more fun, more demanding, more of a I’m going to kill you Type of car. I would bet the GTR and Supra is faster but they don’t give you the feeling of being faster if that makes since. I also have a pretty Quick Evo X and to be honest I think i like driving it more then the Supra and GTR Also. I think most modern cars are wonderful all around cars but lack in making the driver car connection The number one priority. Try driving a mid 90’s M3 or Porsche and you’ll know what Im talking about...
Sponsored

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
^^^I 100% agree...I just sold my 1986 Porsche 911...that car took alot of skill to drive at the limits...it was not a forgiving car...was it fast not really but without any modern nannies it was scary when you got it wrong...the driver/car connection was definitely there...

The Supra is fast but a little disconnected....the car pretty much drives itself for the most part...

jojogts

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 GTR, 2020 Supra, 2000 ViperGTS, 93 FD RX7, 2008 Evo X,
Yup, these youngsters on here will never understand what a real drivers car is or was, you want a fun car to drive get a Miata there a blast, just under powered. You can’t go wrong with a Evo 8 or 9 also but a classic 80’s or 90’s M3 is awesome...

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Not really sure what the point of this video is. We all know the GTR will eat up the a90. GTR is on another level....
In the video, the Supra did decently tho.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Yup, these youngsters on here will never understand what a real drivers car is or was, you want a fun car to drive get a Miata there a blast, just under powered. You can’t go wrong with a Evo 8 or 9 also but a classic 80’s or 90’s M3 is awesome...
Love the old M raw connection. The Supra is faster and certainly more tech. But stock it def isolates you a bit from the road. I should sell it, but can’t part with the old M. In fact drove it Friday and today.
2D352AFC-46FD-42B5-9DF6-0647ABC459DF.jpeg

turbopk

First Name
Pk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 ford edge(DD)
I think its difficult to compare them now, MKV vs R35
As both are different animals now, not like the MKIV vs a 90's Skyline GTR.
For me personally it would have to be a 17+ GTR as I like how the trans is less clunky, more daily drivable. Otherwise the MKV is my go to.
If you haven't driven both, I think that would be your best bet.

lemonslush

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 supra premium nitro yellow, xc90, element
We liked the idea of a GTR. But end of the day its twice the price and buying a used GTR didnt seem like a great idea. But really it came down to ride height and the car was too low to get up our driveway. Its easily a faster car in every regard but as a daily driver the supra is a better more livable car I think. If you ever spent any time in a GTR its loud, the trans is odd and sounds like its kinda broken. Got annoying after a while.

antonio88x

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium (mine), 2018 CX-5 GT (wife's)
As for depreciation goes I don't believe the Supra will fair as well as a Tacoma or 4Runner for example. Not that it has to be said but we all know this Toyota is 99% BMW, just because it has a Toyota emblem doesn't make it a Toyota or have the re-sell that most Toyota's have. BMW's drop like a rock in value and I feel like this will have an affect on the a90. I don't believe it will be as bad as BMW's but not as great as toyota's. I think the a90 supra is a fantastic car, I don't really care who makes it personally but the fact is this has been one of the most controversial cars and there's an overwhelming amount of dislike for it which we will effect re-sell in a few years.

The warranty is a perk of buying a Supra but just because the GTR is used doesn't mean it's ragged out. I've had 22 vehicles over the years and guess what, all of them have been used and I've never had any serious issues. Some of these being performance cars as well.
Not all BMWs depreciate the same. Most of the M cars do fairly well. M2s hold their value much better compared to a normal 2 series. Same for the M3 and 3 series.

I see 2020 Supra values in the high 40s to low 50s. I paid 48k for my 3.0 Premium and its still worth that according to KBB trade in values. (I know dealers don't use KBB but its the easiest way to track car values at a quick glance.) The key is to just not overpay the fair market value of a new one. MSRP is no longer fair market value.

I don't think Supra values with drop as much as people think. The addition of the 2.0 model will keep the 3.0 at a higher value in the long run. Just my opinion. But after looking at the used values recently, they don't seem to be dropping much.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Not all BMWs depreciate the same. Most of the M cars do fairly well. M2s hold their value much better compared to a normal 2 series. Same for the M3 and 3 series.

I see 2020 Supra values in the high 40s to low 50s. I paid 48k for my 3.0 Premium and its still worth that according to KBB trade in values. (I know dealers don't use KBB but its the easiest way to track car values at a quick glance.) The key is to just not overpay the fair market value of a new one. MSRP is no longer fair market value.

I don't think Supra values with drop as much as people think. The addition of the 2.0 model will keep the 3.0 at a higher value in the long run. Just my opinion. But after looking at the used values recently, they don't seem to be dropping much.
It will come down to the supply and demand on the car. And how well the owners take care of their cars also....

ChicagoMKV

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra Premium 3.0 Turbulence Grey

KBB has gotten way more accurate in the last 5 or so years. Back in the day kbb was useless. Last three cars I’ve traded in we’re at carmax and each time they bested kbb trade in values.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Def a good watch... Just another thing to note, the yellow car has a pure800 turbo.
That Silver Supra was gapping everyone. The Z06 had no chance with his granny shifting. haha

-RJM
Sponsored