Nissan GTR vs Supra

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
I will get flamed here but I do think the new MKV is hideous looking. it just has way too much shit going on for the body with the fake vents, curves, recesses etc. I also understand interior is a bit tight. But I also hear it is a "drivers" car and handles well. I also do not care about the fact it is more BMW. I look at the new MKV as just a new "sports car" with no allegiance to Toyota or BMW really.

You will ask 100 people this question and each answer is totally Biased. You will have to do your own intel and if a GTR is a real possibility then go drive one. I am deep into the GTR world just as I am into the Supra. You can find some real nice GTRs for around $50k that are under 30k miles and in real good condition. Hell for that matter you could probably buy a used MKV now for under $35K possibly.

As a side note, i have driven MANY cars and have raced a few but when it comes to a GTR there is none better on handling.
wow, tell us how you really feel.
Sponsored

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
I will get flamed here but I do think the new MKV is hideous looking. it just has way too much shit going on for the body with the fake vents, curves, recesses etc. I also understand interior is a bit tight. But I also hear it is a "drivers" car and handles well. I also do not care about the fact it is more BMW. I look at the new MKV as just a new "sports car" with no allegiance to Toyota or BMW really.

As a side note, i have driven MANY cars and have raced a few but when it comes to a GTR there is none better on handling.
A lot of this is subjective but while I absolutely hate that the vents are fake on the supra, my biggest gripe by far, I do understand why they did it, if you look at the overall shape of the car it is basic sports car shape. Look at it from side profile and you see that, and Porsche just has used that basic look for years, you can also see it in Viper really. I think what they were trying to do is not look like a generic sports car and they took the easy way out to break up the monotony.

landscape-1439492989-roa090115fea-daytona-02.jpg

message-editor%2F1547612935409-20190114_02_03_s.jpg

supraboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A70, GS300

Hell for that matter you could probably buy a used MKV now for under $35K possibly.
To each their own. We're all entitled to our opinions. I'm not trying to discount yours by any means, but maybe you're kinda bias because you own one. I don't own either one at the moment, but I think the R35 is a hot mess. It's like a brick on wheels. While the Supra does have it's flaws many of them can be fixed with aftermarket parts. I think a simply drop and new wheels already does wonders for it.

Where are you finding used MK5s for that price?

white_turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2009 Nissan GTR/2006 Mitsubishi Evo/2020 Toyota Supra (maybe?)
Vehicle Showcase
^ I think Stuhagen said exactly that every answer is going to be biased one way or another. Thread like this usually just turn into argument between which car looks/drives better, because certain fans will get their feelings hurt.

2JZ-No-Sh*t

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
My feet
One nice aspect of a GTR is their ability to hold value. You know the Supra is going to drop like a rock after a few years. That used GTR that's $75k will be $65k-$70k still in 5 years. The Supra will be worth half. 911's have that unique ability to maintain value at a certain age.
Well its a BMW after all, so what did you expect? :p

OP, have you thought about waiting for the upcoming 400Z? I am ;)

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
Before this turns into one of those threads; maybe only R35 GT-R and MK5 Supra owners with history and maintenance experiences should respond to help OP with his car making decision. Everyone else move along. I doubt he cares about which one y'all think looks better. I'm pretty sure he's ok with the styling since he's considering both of them.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
A lot of this is subjective but while I absolutely hate that the vents are fake on the supra, my biggest gripe by far, I do understand why they did it, if you look at the overall shape of the car it is basic sports car shape. Look at it from side profile and you see that, and Porsche just has used that basic look for years, you can also see it in Viper really. I think what they were trying to do is not look like a generic sports car and they took the easy way out to break up the monotony.

landscape-1439492989-roa090115fea-daytona-02.jpg

message-editor%2F1547612935409-20190114_02_03_s.jpg
I agree. Personally tho i don’t care that much that they’re fake because my car never overheats and doesn’t seem to be starved for cooling, but design wise the door garnish vent is a little out of place, wish it was just smooth but it’s all subjective

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
I agree. Personally tho i don’t care that much that they’re fake because my car never overheats and doesn’t seem to be starved for cooling, but design wise the door garnish vent is a little out of place, wish it was just smooth but it’s all subjective
Yeah and I think that's why they did the vent as removable, not to make it real but to make it whatever you want, hence the TRD version.

2020-toyota-supra-trd-performance-parts-1.jpg

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Blue
Also did you do any tuning in Charlotte? Wondering if I can get my ECU unlocked locally so I don't have to sit on my thumbs 2 days

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
I just recently watched this video. He definitely has some solid points. The area that I brought up in the comments was depreciation. While the Supra is definitely the better performance bargain and is cheaper over all especially when talking about new. A person could buy a used GTR like him and enjoy it for a few years and not loose hardly any money on it when they go to sell. That will not be the case for the Supra.
Sponsored