OEM Ride Quality Lowering Springs

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
I'm with @Andrew4Supra on this one. I wasn't going to lower mine but when I saw the Eibach Euro Z4 springs and read up on that thread, I decided to give them a try. Now, I love my setup! I can't even remember what stock felt like since I feel the ride quality didn't diminish one bit - it actually just feels more planted and less bouncy.

I've also paired it with 10mm front and 13mm rear BMS spacers on OEM wheels and replaced the Michelins with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus - 265/35 front and 285/35 rear.
Sponsored

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I'm with @Andrew4Supra on this one...

I replaced the Michelins with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus - 265/35 front and 285/35 rear.
~ Thanks! ❤

Would you happen to have any photos with the DWS tires on the car? I love those tires and have run several sets on prior and a current car I own. How is the traction comparison to the oem Michelins? Tia.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Here's a garage potato pic I just took...

2022-02-15 18-24-57.jpeg

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
does it really ride like OEM? I had the adjustable HKS setup to around this drop (a bit less) and they do feel kinda stiff; I can feel the land markers “crashiness” in the cabin - stock felt sublime, even in sport mode
I honestly don't feel a big difference between stock, when it's on comfort mode. The combination of the springs + firmer dampeners on sport+ feels great for performance and not uncomfortable just cruising around town either.

First Name
Zvonimir
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2.0 SZ
CLEAN! Thanks for the reply!
How is the ride on these springs ?

I bought them since the H&R were a bit too much of the drop of me (bad roads in Croatia), but I have to get them approved by my local vehicle inspection center before I can install them...

comic0guy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
I'm with @Andrew4Supra on this one. I wasn't going to lower mine but when I saw the Eibach Euro Z4 springs and read up on that thread, I decided to give them a try. Now, I love my setup! I can't even remember what stock felt like since I feel the ride quality didn't diminish one bit - it actually just feels more planted and less bouncy.

I've also paired it with 10mm front and 13mm rear BMS spacers on OEM wheels and replaced the Michelins with Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus - 265/35 front and 285/35 rear.
So I'm curious with the wider tires(that are slightly taller) and lower springs.

Can you measure your ride height, like from ground to top of wheel arch? I'm curious with the lower springs, and slightly taller tire what the overall ground clearance change will be compared to stock tires/springs.

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So I'm curious with the wider tires(that are slightly taller) and lower springs.

Can you measure your ride height, like from ground to top of wheel arch? I'm curious with the lower springs, and slightly taller tire what the overall ground clearance change will be compared to stock tires/springs.
Sure!

Looks like 26.5" for the front and 27" for the rear.

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5402.jpg

lordwalker

First Name
Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Premium, Macan GTS, RS5, Model Y
FYI for anyone still looking for springs-- I'm on TEIN S-tech springs and the ride is great. I was looking for something more aggressive and these are 1.2" drop I believe.

Took my girl for a ride after getting my TE37s on and she didn't know I changed anything suspension-wise which is like the ultimate test ?

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra A91, wrangler JK
do i need to change the Sway bar if i get a lowring springs ?
and any other suspension componant for example a sway bar links ?
Sponsored