Official 2020 Toyota Supra US Specs, Images, Videos

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Calm down people....this is only one model/trim that was unveiled. Patience....:D

On a different topic, anyone else hear that the GT500 will only come in DCT, and a manual will be available not long after??
Sponsored

spamthechan

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius V, Porsche Boxster
There is a red interior but it is only red on the drivers side, and has black seats. I'm not sure if it will be an option or based on trim, or maybe a Japan-only option.
Interesting, so the only way to get the red leather seats is with a Launch edition, and even then we can not spec it with the Matte Grey exterior like the European A90 edition...

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Evolution X
Conflicted on where to go with this one. I've never been a big HP guy, was happy with my m/t e92 - 414hp/295lb/ft and my modded Evo X GSR with ~350/350. The numbers don't bother me too much, but the tease of a m/t coming might give me pause. Is this something that would be expected in a year or two, or is the thinking that it'll be 3 years out and only in a model that would cost 5-10k more?

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Interesting, so the only way to get the red leather seats is with a Launch edition, and even then we can not spec it with the Matte Grey exterior like the European A90 edition...
I am still kicking myself that I had an idea that the supra was coming but muttered something like, eh, it's out of my price bracket.

Now I kind of wished I didn't bite the bullet

no.crust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘18 Challenger T/A, ‘18 330i GT
people will forget that the equivalent mk4 was also $50k brand new back in 96. the a80 had less power, less performance and handling, and yet people will swear that this new supra is a "flop". they've improved upon everything from a driving standpoint. in a world with 800 horsepower cars being the new norm this car sounds underwhelming, but as a v8 challenger owner i can say i would rather be able to have 340 horses that i can use than 800 i will hardly ever come close to reaching. this isn't a numbers game anymore.

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
It's like the old saying "Horsepower sells cars, but torque wins races". But why not both? :)

I'm just trying to find out what Toyota did with the calibration. People were like "OMG Toyota is doing their own tuning, it's going to be a completely different car". What did they do exactly? Modify the throttle response?

When you look at the numbers, it really seems like they just used the 335hp B58 configuration released by BMW years ago and didn't even bother to improve /change anything. Meanwhile BMW implemented their technical updates and increased power by 40-50hp.
Sure, on their highest trim of the new Z4. But the regular inline 6 versions have the exact same motor and more or less same power as the Supra... currently. I suspect the GRMN (and a MT) will get announced within the next year but its likely going to be a 2021 model and they don't want to cannibalize the first year sales. If you want a new Supra sooner then later and are ok with the 8speed, get the 2020 and a catback upgrade and retune and you'll have your 380+hp.

no.crust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sure, on their highest trim of the new Z4. But the regular inline 6 versions have the exact same motor and more or less same power as the Supra... currently. I suspect the GRMN (and a MT) will get announced within the next year but its likely going to be a 2021 model and they don't want to cannibalize the first year sales. If you want a new Supra sooner then later and are ok with the 8speed, get the 2020 and a catback upgrade and retune and you'll have your 380+hp.
minus the catback for those of us in california right now :banghead:

no.crust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
on a side note, any official list of what colors will be available? can't seem to find any info on that.

mrarm

First Name
Franck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Someone has find the engine spec, compression ratio, cast iron or aluminum block...?

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
on a side note, any official list of what colors will be available? can't seem to find any info on that.
- Renaissance Red 2.0
- Nocturnal Black
- Absolute Zero White
- Tungsten Silver
- Turbulence Gray
- Nitro Yellow
- Downshift Blue
- Phantom Matte Gray
Sponsored