AE86, GSE21
I must see the yellow in person.

Jeff

no.crust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘18 Challenger T/A, ‘18 330i GT
Someone has find the engine spec, compression ratio, cast iron or aluminum block...?
i suspect it'll be almost identical if not the exact same as the regular b58 specifications.

no.crust

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
‘18 Challenger T/A, ‘18 330i GT
- Renaissance Red 2.0
- Nocturnal Black
- Absolute Zero White
- Tungsten Silver
- Turbulence Gray
- Nitro Yellow
- Downshift Blue
- Phantom Matte Gray
slightly disappointed not to see orange on there.. "Furious Orange" would have been a primary choice, bmw's sunset/sakhir orange is fairly nice in person.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
Im still hoping for custom color ordering since its manufacturing plant can do it along with the BMW custom paint options.

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
So the USA car weights actually more? I'm asking coz I just realized your weight is said to be 1540kg while on EU presentation for press Toyota said its 1495kg for 3.0?

zrzut-ekranu-2019-01-14--a4747bb.png
Am still searching for details on the weight figure..... as it could get quite confusing.
Some include the driver weight, another standard weighs only the car but 90% of fuel , another one is dry weight....etc

"DIN" curbweight Is the most representative.

But I have to say that 1395kg/3075lbs 2.0T is really light!

upnsmoke

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota MR2 GT, Nismo 370Z , Subaru Liberty Outback
So what is the concensus among US and European buyers? Is the spec OK for the pricing??

Over here I'm not really surprise.. We knew most of the things already but the one thing I'm surprise with is the torque difference between this and the Z4 M40i

Price wise here in Oz it's going to be M2, RS3, A45, C43 tier a little bit under.. So 85K AUD approx... With possibility to reach 100K depending on options.

In the end I think Nissan pulled out of the next Zed and shelved it because not enough market wihh the Supra and muscle cars in that price range... With supra even sitting at the high end wihh its mid spec...

I'm sure many will be happy with it and it looks OK and the performance looks great. But I'm happy with my nismo especially since I got great price for it.

When Toyota works on the refresh they may introduce manual and by then I may be in the market for it. But good on Toyota to continue to have a sports car in their range again..

Now I just wish they make the next one in-house with more Japanese engineering.. That's my preference... I want a Japanese performance car to be produced by Japanese engineering and know how. Others can feel other wise and that's perfectly fine. This engine from BMW is a stonker (awesome) after all I love the torque figures from their turbos.

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
Given the weight, I don't see how this is any better than my M2 that has a back seat, has a manual transmission, and more stock HP.

Maybe the engine is more modable, but I'm not impressed. Not trying to be negative, I really wanted to like this car, maybe it will grow on me, I guess I was expecting something better.

BTW, the nav screen is essentially BMW. And the stock steering wheel looks like a Camry, sad.

I don’t know why people look at specs only as an indication of how the car is. I used to have a modded turbo S with 750 hp, car was very fast, everything on paper was better than my current GT3 RS, but one drive in the RS I never want to be back in my turbo S. HP isn’t everything.

I find it funny that some people look at the hp, specs, and automatically compare it the 370, M2, base camaro, etc.... it’s hysterical, tbh. Go drive it first.

RyanGT3RS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red 991.2 GT3RS, M and AMG,s
Honestly not too disappointing.

I feel a lot of people would be upset even if it had 500 hp, just because of what the MKIV has become.

I've had high horsepower rear wheel drive cars since my first car and am starting to feel different about them.

When we had a 13 GT500, 15 Challenger Hellcat and modded 12 CTS-V, I traded the GT500 on a GT350 and soon after sold both the Hellcat and the CTS-V. Then GT350 was down a ton on power versus the other three, but delivered usable power and fun in spades.

No matter the situation, I didn't have to second guess the conditions or which gear I was in, the car would just be predictable and take whatever I put in front of it. I said I was done with overly high horsepower cars after that.

True we did pick up a Charger Hellcat, but it was too good of a deal to pass up. $0 down, $550 a month 3 year lease. Seemed like nothing after purchasing the Challenger. Either way, it's my wife's car and might have been floored twice in 2 years.

We're both excited to replace the Charger with a Supra when it goes back next January.

I think $55k for the premium is fair in this day and age of car pricing.

BTW : The GT500 is sure tempting, but probably useless power again. Also not having at least one manual car isn't going to happen.

Nice! You know where I am coming from as well, lol. Had high HP cars as well, still enjoy it. I’ve driven the gt350 and hellcat and to me, the 350 put a bigger smile on my face than the hellcat.

Cheers!

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
Also here's a good overview from ShiftingLanes. He had access to the private GR reveal the night before, so it's much less manic in his video!

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
I don’t know why people look at specs only as an indication of how the car is. I used to have a modded turbo S with 750 hp, car was very fast, everything on paper was better than my current GT3 RS, but one drive in the RS I never want to be back in my turbo S. HP isn’t everything.

I find it funny that some people look at the hp, specs, and automatically compare it the 370, M2, base camaro, etc.... it’s hysterical, tbh. Go drive it first.
Welcome to the net where more hp = better car. Ppl rather have 500hp and 1700kg weight than 200 in a 1000kg. I already see all over the net: OMG only 340hp?? WTFF why so low! WTF I can have Camaro/Mustang for XX less, WTF why not 2JZ 1000hp in it?! :D And ppl saying a 370z which is based on 350z (so technicaly its soooo outdated) is a competition to this... Cmon. They judge it before even sitting in one let alone driving.
If I was like this I'd never buy 86 but luckily I could test drive it and there it is :) 90% of time drving in the city I cant use my 222 tunned hp but ppl NEED 500 to be happy. I hope Supra will have same driving dynamics, steerign feel and chasis balance as 86 or better. If it will I'll get it one day.
Grats on GT3RS, lovely car. I dream about Cayman GT4 but not my price range :(

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
I dont care what people say, for us peasants in the rocky mountains... we need more power... We don't get that sea level luxury air.

I agree about hp doesnt make a good car to an extent, but cars like the 86 is terribly slow at 6500 feet above sea level which is why I would never consider that car ever even though its probably fun at sea level and moves a bit better. But thats what boost helps with a bit, so hopefully this turbo has some room to boost up at our altitude while staying in its efficiency range.
Sponsored