Official 2020 Toyota Supra US Specs, Images, Videos

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
toyota did great with the exterior design despite the disappointment of going with a 2 seater but the interior is still very meh..the door panels don't even mesh/blend with the dash. and we get much of the same rhetoric as with the gt86..

"not about the numbers" "feels good to drive"

...automatic transmission only
Sponsored

FreeFall

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
57 chevy, 12 mustang, accura, silverado
I wouldn't get too wrapped up by the HP ratings. It's far more important where and for how long that power is available. 3,400lbs is a bit porky, but it was about what I expected. The only people that would be pleased by stripping the weight down would be the people that wouldn't buy the car, anyway (think Lotus here). I imagine it will do 112mph or thereabouts in a quarter mile (a more useful expression of hp/weight across the RPM band than any HP rating), and that's pretty respectable. And the price is better than I had hoped.

For those that are wailing, consider this: the new Supra is more powerful, lighter, better looking (subjective here, but as good as the Mark IV was, I was never sold on its looks) and cheaper (relative to inflation and to its competition) than the Mark IV was. It's better in every way that can be measured objectively. Sure, it hasn't yet been the star in a "Fast and the Furious" episode (yet..), but I honestly couldn't have expected more from it.

Now if it would only come with a manual..

Redphaser

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Golf R 6MT, 2006 Lotus Elise
... The only people that would be pleased by stripping the weight down would be the people that wouldn't buy the car, anyway (think Lotus here).
Excuse me, sir, but them's fightin' words!:bat:

That said, Colin Chapman would likely agree with you. :p

FreeFall

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Excuse me, sir, but them's fightin' words!:bat:

That said, Colin Chapman would likely agree with you. :p
yeah lol...but I'm pretty sure you took it as intended...which is to say that anybody that is willing to put up with that sort of commitment probably already has a Lotus :p

PilotMahoney

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus IS 250
We'll see, but it doesn't sound good in Europe
Its gonna be a big fail in Europe not because of the car itself which is great, its because of the price... Know few persons now who got the prices already and told no to Toyota because of the high price they are not interested anymore...
It doesnt even has the latest Idrive software... come on Toyota and you are asking 70K... :doh:

FreeFall

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Interesting how the price varies. I'd have thought that it would be much the same and most of the difference would come via how it is taxed. But I agree, $70k is too much.

In the US, Id say the projected of low to mid $50s is just about right. A bit more than a well optioned Camaro or Mustang. It likely won't be quite as fast as either of those, but will almost certainly be much nicer. And a bit less than the C7 Corvette, which I'd guess will be a good bit quicker than the Supra, but, again, not quite as nice (and the Supra doesn't come with the mid-life crisis stereotype, which is honestly the main reason I don't own one. Silly, I know).

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
$50k in America converts to 50k Euro? Does Toyota know how currency works? And that is the minimum I've seen you guys say, why would they make it only affordable in America and expensive in the rest of the world? In my country we have monopolies with dealerships, the only brand that has 2 dealerships is dodge. I wonder if our dealer would dare make it 50k Dinars, that's over $130k US, or maybe he won't push his luck and sell it for 40k ($105). Or maybe I am being dramatic :p We'll see, but it doesn't sound good in Europe.
Those crazy taxes play a role too

Redphaser

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Golf R 6MT, 2006 Lotus Elise
yeah lol...but I'm pretty sure you took it as intended...which is to say that anybody that is willing to put up with that sort of commitment probably already has a Lotus :p
No argument here :thumbsup:. I love my Elise and there’s absolutely nothing like it, possibly ever again if Geely/Lotus end up canceling their plans to bring the Elise back in some form that is US compliant. But holy hell is it a handful to both drive and maintain. There’s 100% a sacrifice to be made in the name of adding lightness. I’ve definitely learned a lot more about cars from the modding and troubleshooting lol.

My current DD is a 2017 Golf R and it’s fun to drive but it just doesn’t compare to having a proper sports car, practicality not withstanding. I constantly reminisce about my 2015 BRZ, which tragically met a death of a thousand thumps thanks to a freak hailstorm (seriously, it looked like a strawberry :cry:).

Part of me thinks having both the Elise and the Supra would be overkill and likely end up bringing more shifty eyed glances from my neighbors, but the US pricing honestly has me really tempted to give up the hatchback. The Supra, honestly, is exactly what I was wanting out of a DD sports car and partially what I wanted the 86 platform to be (minus the lack of a manual transmission, but I’m slowly coming to terms with that).

Im still probably a year out before I’m really ready to commit but I don’t see anything else that really catches my interest minus the rumored 2.4 liter refresh for the 86/BRZ, but that’d have to be one heck of a refresh to peel me away from the Supra.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
Interesting is this car will be build less than 600km from where I'm at yet its so heavy taxed and overpriced ^^
Poor EU, needs a 10k price cut :) on the other hand USA gets 45kg heavier version so... I'm still hyped anyway -.-

Last edited:

Tacoma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW
Why is nobody talking about the fact that the Z4 has 47hp more than the Supra? I feel like BMW did Toyota dirty..
I would take the specs released by both companies with a grain of salt. We need an independent third party to test them both. Either way, you save $15k by going with the Supra.
The specs are based on BMW official specs. As I understand it, both are a variant of the BMW B58 engine. The Supra appears to be based on the B58B30M0 variant with 335hp/369lb-ft and this engine is shared with the M240i, 540i, etc. The Z4 appears to be based on the B58B30O1 variant with 382hp/369lb-ft shared with the new G20 M340i. The B58B30O1 is the newer engine.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
The specs are based on BMW official specs. As I understand it, both are a variant of the BMW B58 engine. The Supra appears to be based on the B58B30M0 variant with 335hp/369lb-ft and this engine is shared with the M240i, 540i, etc. The Z4 appears to be based on the B58B30O1 variant with 382hp/369lb-ft shared with the new G20 M340i. The B58B30O1 is the newer engine.
It's the M1 not the M0. It can be seen in the live reveal when the CGI powertrain is driving down the road

FreeFall

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
likely end up bringing more shifty eyed glances from my neighbors,
he he...my neighbors would be ECSTATIC if I were to replace the '57 with a Supra. But that ain't happening..!

jtiptonk

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Anyone else catch this HUD in the announcement video? Is it actually getting one? It would be sweet!

864B879C-1499-4DAA-9B34-1E6780E17D71.jpeg

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
So apparently (if I am reading correctly) the B58B30O1 which is used in the 382 hp Z4 actually has the integrated exhaust manifold. It would seem most of the pictures on the internet actually incorrectly picture this engine.
Sponsored