Official NITRO YELLOW Supra Club Thread

S7CKY

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2015 Mustang 2018 Jeep Wrangler
Lightening Yellow, as it is called in the UK, is actually a 'no cost' option. My Lightening yellow 2.0 came off the production line on 18th January. I would have paid extra for this colour.

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
My 2023 finally arrived this past weekend, I picked it up Saturday... and now we have a big snow storm barreling down on us. I was only able to drive it home from the dealership and put it in the garage.

Hopefully once the snow comes and goes, and we get a clear day above 40 degrees I can take it out and get some better pictures.

IMG_3107.JPG

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
My 2023 finally arrived this past weekend, I picked it up Saturday... and now we have a big snow storm barreling down on us. I was only able to drive it home from the dealership and put it in the garage.

Hopefully once the snow comes and goes, and we get a clear day above 40 degrees I can take it out and get some better pictures.

IMG_3107.JPG
A few more pictures from yesterday, now that I have it more or less how I want it... still waiting on tint though, appointment is three weeks out.

IMG_E3113.JPG

IMG_E3114.JPG
Even a couple of days apart, the shading looks different between the 3 photos. Iā€™m hoping that in real life, it looks closer to the first shade. The shade with a lot of orange in it. Any feedback based on your eye?

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
Even a couple of days apart, the shading looks different between the 3 photos. Iā€™m hoping that in real life, it looks closer to the first shade. The shade with a lot of orange in it. Any feedback based on your eye?
I used the same phone to take all the pictures so its a difference between location and lighting. Direct bright sunlight in a clear, cloudless sky around noon on the day I picked up the car when the car was in a very "bright" environment surrounded by light colored things... and indirect sunlight in a partly cloudy sky late in the afternoon closer to sundown on the pictures taken yesterday when the car was in a suburban setting surrounded by darker colored buildings and trees.

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
I used the same phone to take all the pictures so its a difference between location and lighting. Direct bright sunlight in a clear, cloudless sky around noon on the day I picked up the car when the car was in a very "bright" environment surrounded by light colored things... and indirect sunlight in a partly cloudy sky late in the afternoon closer to sundown on the pictures taken yesterday when the car was in a suburban setting surrounded by darker colored buildings and trees.
Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. Which shades do you prefer with your eyes?

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
Interesting. Thanks for the feedback. Which shades do you prefer with your eyes?
I've owned several cars that had paint that looked very different in different lighting conditions. The car I just traded in on this Supra was in "Galaxy Gray Metallic", and that paint could look light silver in bright sunlight, looked dark grey most of the time, but looked purplish at night.

This Nitro Yellow is probably the brightest paint color I've owned, and I got it specifically because it IS bright and makes the lines of the car pop. I prefer it when it is in bright sunlight and it looks very bright as opposed to a more mustard color when its in shadow.

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
No matter the lighting conditions, the yellow looks good to my eyes - in fact, along with the black, I think it is one of the most stable colours. I have seen the yellow a few times (mine's on order too) and it reminds me of the old Honda yellow. It's quite deep yet bright and quite the opposite of the hideous Nissan Proto colour.

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
No matter the lighting conditions, the yellow looks good to my eyes - in fact, along with the black, I think it is one of the most stable colours. I have seen the yellow a few times (mine's on order too) and it reminds me of the old Honda yellow. It's quite deep yet bright and quite the opposite of the hideous Nissan Proto colour.
Funny you say that. I love how it looks when itā€™s warm and orange. Donā€™t love it when its cool and washed out. I actually like the proto color (on the Z anyway) as well as phoenix yellow from Honda. The black does look the same in photos. Guess Iā€™ll see in a few days time.

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
I've owned several cars that had paint that looked very different in different lighting conditions. The car I just traded in on this Supra was in "Galaxy Gray Metallic", and that paint could look light silver in bright sunlight, looked dark grey most of the time, but looked purplish at night.

This Nitro Yellow is probably the brightest paint color I've owned, and I got it specifically because it IS bright and makes the lines of the car pop. I prefer it when it is in bright sunlight and it looks very bright as opposed to a more mustard color when its in shadow.
True. My cars are usually white, and white always looks white so this takes some getting used to.

JST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 Subaru LGT, '21 CX-5 Sig, '22 Supra 3.0
In person, it looks more like the second set of photos imo. Depending on the lighting, it may look more orange than yellow in pictures.