darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
Can believe this totally CAN't Believe this and on top of that I can't believe my first post about this will be right here but... As much hate as I gave this car and it's color I am in fact getting a Red Supra Launch Edition. My dealership offered me the car at $58,053 and truth be told I couldn't pass it up so here we are and I am now the owner of a Red Launch Edition Supra to go along with my Red MKIV. You can bet your ass that I'll have pictures of the two of them together but I Guess I owe Toyota Direct in hometown (From Ohio) credit because they hooked me up and let me get the car for Sticker. I'll be taking deliver in a few days....

Oh and yes this car will be painted to Renaissance Red 1.0 at some point maybe 20 years from now or so...
Sponsored

unshaven

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
The color difference is severe based on lightning and probably material Metal vs Plastics. If you go through all of the images on this thread, and then look at Goose's Daytime images you can see a massive contrast. When side by side with my MKIV it's noticeable that the Red isn't as Deep (Post #35). Because I did a lot of work on my own MKIV I would guess that the Lacquer still has peaks and trophs and hasn't been flatten out thus it doesn't have a deepness to it that you would see on mine. Now that deepness is covered up in darker lights or a Flat Lacquer, therefore in direct light this flaw becomes very obvious and why you have so much contrast.

Toyota has never done a superior job on Clear Coat though so it's as expected.... This is also why the general colors for this car are mostly bland colors beside Yellow and Red.

I swear when I get this car it's always going to bug the crap out of me and I'm going to end up painting this car within a year or two and doing tons of corrections but you can bet your ass it'll be nice when I'm done with it.
I think you are forgetting the fact that most cellphone cameras create fake colors, especially on a color like this renaissance red. I've seen this car under direct sunlight on a track day, and it was a proper red to me, it gets shiny but still a red. It was impressive to look at imo. It was not like orangish colors I see all over the internet. Even my 3 high end monitors show the same picture in different tones. I have 4K LG, 5K LG Ultrawide and a 5K iMac, I move the red supra image around and some monitors show orange leaning red, while one of the 5Ks show darker Red.

A few months ago we had a photoshoot camera test on coffee cups with bunch of friends to test who's cellphone camera was taking the best shots for fun. I have an iPhone, vs friend's Samsung vs LG, all high end phones.. Surprisingly, the reds and purples on the cup showed up so differently (Brown, Orange) when light hits, we started mocking those phones about the fake colors they were producing. Some pictures were so fake, it was shocking to see and made us wonder if we can trust colors produced by software filtered cellphone cameras anymore.

So I think best thing is to go see these cars with your own eyes under different light conditions, if you can find one around of course. I think Turbulence Grey is the best poser, most cameras are nice to that color.

If you can watch this in 4K (not 1080p), please do, I think it's produced with a professional camera, it's a bright day too. Even then I wouldn't trust it.

TejasJefe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Rojo GR Supra, 2017 Yukon Denali XL 4x4
Has anyone swapped out OEM wheels for aftermarket....especially colored?

darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
Here are mine: One's New School and the other is Old School... People can't tell the difference between them at times only because my 93 Supra looks like a Gem.

twored.jpg

redred.jpg

wheelss.jpg

noooooooo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 18 Golf GTI, 16 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR, 14 IS350 F-Sport (recently departed), 02 Jetta GLI (recently departed),
After her first bath

Just a picture.png
Sponsored