Official: Toyota Supra TRD Performance Line Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
True. But regardless, if you give any dumbass or inexperienced driver the keys to any car over 300hp and they decide to turn off the traction control and go joy riding and think they are Aryton Senna behind the wheel, you will get people crashing and getting seriously hurt or die. Doesn't matter if its a Carrera GT, Porsche 911, Mk4 Supra, BMW, or a Mk5. I can bet you once this car is out you see stories here in this very forum of how the driver (doesn't matter if they are 16, 25, 35, 45, or older) was racing someone on the street, turned off traction control and couldn't handle the car and wrapped themselves around a tree. All this talk of BMW's being more "safe" than a Porsche is nonsense. I've seen in on may forums before when a new car comes out. Just give it time.
My point was only that the Carrera GT IS poorly designed from a safety aspect and itā€™s design was the cause of Paul Walkers death. Iā€™m not saying he wouldnā€™t have sustained huge injuries but it was specifically the fire that killed him. I honestly canā€™t believe Porsche won based on that huge design flaw. There have been several car fires due to this design flaw on this specific car.

I do agree that any car can cause death in a crash. I do have issues with the Carrera GT specifically though.
Sponsored

Bryster

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nothing,considering a Civic DX
My point was only that the Carrera GT IS poorly designed from a safety aspect and itā€™s design was the cause of Paul Walkers death. Iā€™m not saying he wouldnā€™t have sustained huge injuries but it was specifically the fire that killed him. I honestly canā€™t believe Porsche won based on that huge design flaw. There have been several car fires due to this design flaw on this specific car.

I do agree that any car can cause death in a crash. I do have issues with the Carrera GT specifically though.
The main reason behind the lawsuit was the fact that PWs seatbelt didn't open for him after crashing

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
The main reason behind the lawsuit was the fact that PWs seatbelt didn't open for him after crashing
Also true and also a contributing factor but I donā€™t think it was the main reason they should have focussed on

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Also true and also a contributing factor but I donā€™t think it was the main reason they should have focussed on
Well he crashed doing like 90mph into a pole. I doubt there are many cars that you would even be conscious in after a crash like that, much less able to even get out of the car.

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
Well he crashed doing like 90mph into a pole. I doubt there are many cars that you would even be conscious in after a crash like that, much less able to even get out of the car.
True but my point is still if the tank was better place or designed then it wouldnā€™t have caught fire and he wouldnā€™t have died. Plus itā€™s a Carrea GT with supposedly more modern safety features (apart from the death tank under the passenger seat) if nick hogan can survive going over 100mph in a supra and crash into a tree with no injuries then they should have too.

There is no way of explaining away the poor design and placement of that fuel tank in that car.

86Driver

First Name
DB
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86
Iā€™d like to say the TRD concept is nice... but something seems ā€œtoo busyā€. And ā€œtoo muchā€.
Donā€™t know if itā€™s maybe cos they parts arenā€™t the same colour as the body or what, but I like the normal car better.

john_galt

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra
TRD's Performance Line is as it seems Toyota's product as what the M Performance Line is for BMW.

-michael papas-

Image1t.jpg

Imageccccer.jpg

Image9.jpg

Imafge11.jpg

Imarrrge13.jpg

Imagttte15.jpg
do you think there will be a TRD production version like bmw has with the M series? TRD has been aftermarket only i thought. if an M equivalent is coming, iā€™d rather wait for that

The Lurker

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport 400
do you think there will be a TRD production version like bmw has with the M series? TRD has been aftermarket only i thought. if an M equivalent is coming, iā€™d rather wait for that
The M equivalent would be the Supra GRMN, and I'm waiting for that too :p or other better versions of the A90 in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.