Not open for further replies.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
981 Cayman GT4, 911 GT3, 911 GT2, 911 GT3RS, 911 GT2RS, upcoming 718 GT4.
Oh you mean the cars with incredibly low production numbers that can only be obtained at MSRP with a deposit several years in advance? Thats definitely a viable comparison to the A90. Ill call and ask about Chiron as well
Sponsored

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Oof. You will miss that engine that's for sure. I have a GT4 and have driven a 991.1 GT3. The GT4 is nice but if I could I would trade it for a GT3 in a heartbeat.
Yea I love the engine, but it is not a car you can really work on, and it’s very difficult to make extra power. Plus the new GT4 is coming, so we will see.

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, VOLVO, ACURA, DUCATI 899
Oh you mean the cars with incredibly low production numbers that can only be obtained at MSRP with a deposit several years in advance? Thats definitely a viable comparison to the A90. Ill call and ask about Chiron as well
lmao your user name is definitely misleading. I think you should take the initiative of sparking one up and chilling the f* out. But if this is you already lit, then you're just simply an a$$hole.

I'm sure this site was created for the Supra fans and enthusiasts to unite and talk about the car. But you're taking time out of your day to be a d*ck to others. You're comparing apples to oranges. And it's ironic because you said, "Markups don't last forever, you can go to a Ford dealership and buy a new RS without a markup right now." Who the hell is comparing the model SUPRA to the Ford RS??? I think there's a bigger fan base for the RS in Europe than there are in the states. The last time Ford produced the model was in 2009 I believe. The last time Toyota released the Supra was in 2002 (17 years ago). The wait has been much more anticipated, therefore, I'm confident people will pay high markups for the car.

Keep your head in the game, stay on track and don't bring up Ford or Bugatti (lmao)

Pheonix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
Who the hell said any of those cars are a viable comparison to a A90. The A90 at the most competes with a base Cayman 718. Not even that GTS you linked which will run circles around a A90.

Pheonix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
Yea I love the engine, but it is not a car you can really work on, and it’s very difficult to make extra power. Plus the new GT4 is coming, so we will see.
Dundon headers and exhaust my friend. All the power right there. Also the GT4 is even harder to work on since you gotta drop the motor if you wanna do anything being a mid engine car. With the 911, all you gotta do is get it on a lift and you can change out the headers right there. But these cars (GT4, GT3) are already way too fast for the public roads power is the last thing on your mind.

Pheonix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lmao your user name is definitely misleading. I think you should take the initiative of sparking one up and chilling the f* out. But if this is you already lit, then you're just simply an a$$hole.

I'm sure this site was created for the Supra fans and enthusiasts to unite and talk about the car. But you're taking time out of your day to be a d*ck to others. You're comparing apples to oranges. And it's ironic because you said, "Markups don't last forever, you can go to a Ford dealership and buy a new RS without a markup right now." Who the hell is comparing the model SUPRA to the Ford RS??? I think there's a bigger fan base for the RS in Europe than there are in the states. The last time Ford produced the model was in 2009 I believe. The last time Toyota released the Supra was in 2002 (17 years ago). The wait has been much more anticipated, therefore, I'm confident people will pay high markups for the car.

Keep your head in the game, stay on track and don't bring up Ford or Bugatti (lmao)
Or Porsche 718 GTS.

Jabba

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Hyundai Veloster N
Lmaooo. You know what he/she meant, you edgy bastard lol.

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
Who the hell said any of those cars are a viable comparison to a A90. The A90 at the most competes with a base Cayman 718. Not even that GTS you linked which will run circles around a A90.
Literally nothing to do with performance, everything to do with production numbers and attainabity.

My name is Justin Baker, I wish it were a weed reference.

People will pay crazy amounts for the car no doubt, but that doesn’t mean everyone will.

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Literally nothing to do with performance, everything to do with production numbers and attainabity.

My name is Justin Baker, I wish it were a weed reference.

People will pay crazy amounts for the car no doubt, but that doesn’t mean everyone will.
We're definitely at different ends of the spectrum here. I disagree with your theory. I believe and I'm confident everyone will pay more than the MSRP. Whether they buy it new or used. And it's easy to give an example here, look at the used MKIV's...they range anywhere from $10k-$100k. Prices all dependent on the condition of the car to what the car has.

I'm sure people buying the TRD version, will sell their cars at a higher price. And so will the Launch edition folks. Then, the premium. And finally, the base models.

Only time will tell, but Canada already got official word today. The premium model will sell at $64k.

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
We're definitely at different ends of the spectrum here. I disagree with your theory. I believe and I'm confident everyone will pay more than the MSRP. Whether they buy it new or used. And it's easy to give an example here, look at the used MKIV's...they range anywhere from $10k-$100k. Prices all dependent on the condition of the car to what the car has.

I'm sure people buying the TRD version, will sell their cars at a higher price. And so will the Launch edition folks. Then, the premium. And finally, the base models.

Only time will tell, but Canada already got official word today. The premium model will sell at $64k.
I'm pretty sure thats the base car starting price, and that is in Cdn dollars - 64,990 Cdn, not American. I'm not sure what your point is.....

arexniba

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm pretty sure thats the base car starting price, and that is in Cdn dollars - 64,990 Cdn, not American. I'm not sure what your point is.....
If you re-read the post, you’ll see my point.

Hint: 3rd sentence ;)

dgh

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 RX7; 2011 Toyota RAV 4
If you re-read the post, you’ll see my point.

Hint: 3rd sentence ;)
I don't see how a stated Canadian start price of 64,990 Cnd Dollars supports your notion that dealers will mark up prices......

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i

I don’t think you understand what MSRP means.

MSRP is the price on the sticker for the car new, not the Kelley Blue Book value.

With that being said, used cars are irrelevant and the $64k Canadian is MSRP and is irrelevant to the MSRP in the US
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: dgh
Status
Not open for further replies.