Official: Toyota Supra TRD Performance Line Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MB E350e, MB V250, (no longer: BMW 430D xDrive)
Window tint it looks like.
What's the problem? That's as far as the interior trim allows.

4f40c66a-2020-toyota-gr-supra-rear-hatch-and-trunk.jpg
? that is the bezel of the rear hatch.
I know what it is, but I actually donā€™t like the way they did it. If you use tinting foil it looks like this. But this is a car modified by ā€žTHEā€œ TRD. Should be far more professional, factory tinted or coated.

Isnā€™t there a factory option for tinted backwindows?

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
I know what it is, but I actually donā€™t like the way they did it. If you use tinting foil it looks like this. But this is a car modified by ā€žTHEā€œ TRD. Should be far more professional, factory tinted or coated.

Isnā€™t there a factory option for tinted backwindows?
If you're referring to the silver line, that's common on rear windows with defrosters.

attachment.jpg

RearWindowWindowTintingEuropean.jpg

Rtint-Infiniti-G35-Sedan-Rear-Windshield-Tint.jpg

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
If you're referring to the silver line, that's common on rear windows with defrosters.

attachment.jpg

RearWindowWindowTintingEuropean.jpg

Rtint-Infiniti-G35-Sedan-Rear-Windshield-Tint.jpg
Itā€™s not the defroster what I mean. Itā€™s the lighter line around the window. There isnā€™t one if itā€™s made professional by factory. Like this one:

08C78A35-8B39-44FC-AA99-21EF2E93CE82.jpeg

DesmoSD

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra TT, 997.1 911 Carrera S, 1199 Panigale S
Itā€™s not the defroster what I mean. Itā€™s the lighter line around the window. There isnā€™t one if itā€™s made professional by factory. Like this one:

08C78A35-8B39-44FC-AA99-21EF2E93CE82.jpeg
Oh, I see what you're saying now. Factory tint won't produce that line. It's due to aftermarket tint film and produces that silver line because that's where it overlaps on the "frit" which is texture above the glass.

Factory tint, commonly referred to as "Privacy Glass" is an electrical process called "deep dipping" that involves dying the inside of automotive glass with a dark pigment. Factory tint is standard on the rear half of many new vehicles. With a common visual light transmission (VLT) of 15%-26%, factory window tint is installed to provide passengers and personal items privacy from outsiders, hence the name privacy glass. Since most states have a VLT legal limit of around 50% for the front driver windows and windshield, factory tint is only applied to the rear half of vehicles windows to avoid breaking the law

https://jalopnik.com/heres-what-those-little-dots-are-on-the-edges-of-your-c-1791075995

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I can't believe we are arguing about a tint... The only way to do a tint without the white line is to do it with the actual glass or laminate. I doubt they would make a bespoke window for just the concept...
Yes, we do! :cool:
And you are a part of the tint-talk now :D
Sorry, donā€™t wanted to make such a big thing on it. Just watched the video and didnā€™t trust my eyes. This is far away from the profession-level Iā€™m awaiting from a in-house-tuner like TRD.
But we donā€™t need to talk any more about it. Sorry, again.

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
yep -.- nitpicking minute aesthetic details when there isn't a damn manual on the table... :drool:
It's not even minute. All of my cars have tints because of the heat in SoCal, and they all have that same line, from multiple reputable tint companies. And guess what? It literally has never bothered me. Not even for a split second.

Mike Myers

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's not even minute. All of my cars have tints because of the heat in SoCal, and they all have that same line, from multiple reputable tint companies. And guess what? It literally has never bothered me. Not even for a split second.
But I will do from now on. Donā€™t worry , it was a pleasure for me ;)

Pheonix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
There is more, no?

The "one" will be most likely be in very limited numbers with a manual.

Also, I think the manual version will be mated to an S motor....aka "S58."

But who knows, everything is in its infancy stages at this point right? :D
Dude if that was the case and it was asking for a $70-$80k asking price I'd buy it in a heartbeat. 473hp 442ft lbs with a manual will shut everyone up.

Great video! The music reminded me of a Metal Gear game haha
!

Totally!! I think you might be right or at least they sampled part of it around 14:00. I remember Sony hired some of the best musicians to enhance the video game play experience. I say past tense because I haven't played video games since PS3. :rofl:

Hey, you're pretty good

Speaking of weight,would removing the giant subwoofers do anything to the weight distribution?
Probably will affect it somewhat but I doubt its anything you can feel on the street.

Pheonix

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Porsche Cayman GT4 6MT (track car), 2011 BMW 128i 6MT (daily), patiently waiting for 2020 Supra 6MT
Porsche as a company is also alive because it only produces sports cars (SUV's are made mostly by VW)....high end sports car that start out more expensive than a fully loaded Lexus car. So, I would expect they not only have a safe sports car, but one that is uber light. I still don't think Porsche is perfect....let's not forget the "charcoaled" human-beings that haven't made it out alive in their cars....quite a few cases I might add.

Doesn't the MKV come with forged wheels?
Doubt it.

Also Porsche is more expensive for a reason. You won't be getting the same feelings in a fully loaded Lexus when compared to even something like a Boxster. Porsche has better racing heritage. There is something about them that you just don't get in other brands. And I am not saying that just because I own one. Also they are far more reliable than a BMW that's for sure (which I also own). There is a reason why they are always picked as the winner or in the top 2-3 spots in any best drivers cars categories. I mean sit in something like a Shelby GT350 which is a dedicated track car and you will be amazed but then jump into something like a GT3 and you will feel how sloppy the GT350 feels. No BMW or MkV will ever give you those feelings. Or have bespoke engines or that racing feeling. As far as the GT cars catching fire, yeah that was a thing but it's been fixed long ago. They are a lot safer and more reliable than plenty of other cars out there.

I canā€™t remember where but after Paul walkers death there was a report written about how unsafe the Porscheā€™s design was. Due to the placement of the fuel tank it should have been manufactured to basically formula 1 standards of tank but they used materials you would find in any old hatchback. Absoutely disgraceful honestly and they should be ashamed. I would like to say I canā€™t believe this oversight but itā€™s german so makes sense
That was due to them handling a car that was way too powerful for them and having bad tires. They were joy riding and payed the price. The driver of the car couldn't handle it.

Therealist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 Toyota Supra
Doubt it.

Also Porsche is more expensive for a reason. You won't be getting the same feelings in a fully loaded Lexus when compared to even something like a Boxster. Porsche has better racing heritage. There is something about them that you just don't get in other brands. And I am not saying that just because I own one. Also they are far more reliable than a BMW that's for sure (which I also own). There is a reason why they are always picked as the winner or in the top 2-3 spots in any best drivers cars categories. I mean sit in something like a Shelby GT350 which is a dedicated track car and you will be amazed but then jump into something like a GT3 and you will feel how sloppy the GT350 feels. No BMW or MkV will ever give you those feelings. Or have bespoke engines or that racing feeling. As far as the GT cars catching fire, yeah that was a thing but it's been fixed long ago. They are a lot safer and more reliable than plenty of other cars out there.

That was due to them handling a car that was way too powerful for them and having bad tires. They were joy riding and payed the price. The driver of the car couldn't handle it.
That does not explain the cheap materials used on a full tank mounted within the firewall! Which caused the fire that caused them to die. The coroner confirmed they were alive before the fire burned them to death. The crash alone would not have caused it.....

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Doubt it.

Well, I guess I will find out. I have driven a 991.2 GT3 and will be trading for my 981 GT4. I have faith that this thing will be good to drive.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.