Officially ordered my A91 edition

Bananashark

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Toyota Supra
Mine should arrive in the next few days... each day feels like it goes by slower and slower.... just wanna be able to take it up north for 1 weekend road trip b4 it gets locked away to sleep for 4-5 months.

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Germans: "do notz go over ze 4 thouzand rpmz for ze virst 1200 milez......"
Me: "......... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE, WHEEEEEEEEEEE, POPOPOPOPOPOPOP, MEEEEEEEEEEEE, MUHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE........."

:drive:

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
Germans: "do notz go over ze 4 thouzand rpmz for ze virst 1200 milez......"
Me: "......... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE, WHEEEEEEEEEEE, POPOPOPOPOPOPOP, MEEEEEEEEEEEE, MUHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE........."

:drive:
New thread next week: Hey Guys, not sure what's going on but my car is making a funny noise.... ;)

Just kidding... never had a new car but I'm sure I'd follow the break in as close as I could but understand how tempting it would be to enjoy the car. Growing up racing atv's, dirt bikes we didn't follow any sort of break in procedure on a new motor build. Break it in how you're gonna drive it

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
New thread next week: Hey Guys, not sure what's going on but my car is making a funny noise.... ;)

Just kidding... never had a new car but I'm sure I'd follow the break in as close as I could but understand how tempting it would be to enjoy the car. Growing up racing atv's, dirt bikes we didn't follow any sort of break in procedure on a new motor build. Break it in how you're gonna drive it
I always break cars in "moderately" hard. Get them up to temp and run through the rev range. Lots of engine braking on off ramps. Get everything seated nicely. Proof kinda came when I was part of an STI forum and everyone that followed the break in procedure had oil loss, and those that did hard break in had no issues. I've done it with every new car and motorcycle I've had and never an issue. Key is to wait till it's good and hot and ready to go.

zepraa91

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra a91
What does it mean by "your vehicle just arrived at our railyard, from there car will be shipped to our dealership" how long will it take to hit the dealership at this point?

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
never had a new car but I'm sure I'd follow the break in as close as I could but understand how tempting it would be to enjoy the car. Growing up racing atv's, dirt bikes we didn't follow any sort of break in procedure on a new motor build. Break it in how you're gonna drive it
i agree with this and @Dannyvandelft . when i had the x5 for break-in i drove it like it was a sports car while being in appropriate break-in rev ranges. Had zero mechanical issues. I say break it in like how youre gonna drive it but stay below the 4500 rpm until 1200 miles. I'm sure the germans do a lot of testing to figure out what rpms and miles you need for appropriate break-in. better safe than sorry

OP
OP
Dannyvandelft

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What does it mean by "your vehicle just arrived at our railyard, from there car will be shipped to our dealership" how long will it take to hit the dealership at this point?
Took 2 months for me from that point.

ayoh

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
i would ask if there are any holds on the car. if not, id imagine like 2 weeks. the random holds is what made most of us wait a few months

Illsic_Design

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 335i N54, 4G63T Mighty Max
Growing up racing atv's, dirt bikes we didn't follow any sort of break in procedure on a new motor build. Break it in how you're gonna drive it
I also come from racing motocross, and the thought was always break it in how you would normally be using it, so we would break em in hard. The thought was that was the proper way to seating/sealing the rings properly

Never really failed me in motorcycles or cars for that matter that I can remember...

Now I don't mean go redline it all over the place, but it wont hurt to rev it out IMO.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,

Leaving this here for those that want some counterpoints to the above posts. In the end it’s your car, do what you want and how you want. If you’re leasing it then I don’t even know why you care.

CaptRapt

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 Raptor, 2020 TRD 4Runner, 2021 A91
If you're stalking the thread looking for a deal, there's a New Refraction at O'Brien Toyota of Peoria that got listed this morning for 4513 off msrp (569xx). Ask for Matt. I was working with this dealer before I found the same deal on one on the ground closer to me. Matt's a great guy and the dealer seems pretty legit.

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
I also come from racing motocross, and the thought was always break it in how you would normally be using it, so we would break em in hard. The thought was that was the proper way to seating/sealing the rings properly

Never really failed me in motorcycles or cars for that matter that I can remember...

Now I don't mean go redline it all over the place, but it wont hurt to rev it out IMO.
Yep, we did the same, never had any issues.