opinion: B48 vs B58 vs X ?

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
I wanted the new Supra from the moment I saw the Concept car, I was kinda hoping that it was going to be a 4cyl turbo and a regular V6 but thats not how that worked out

I secretly wanted a 4cyl turbo and I told myself I would buy new Supra only if they made a 4cyl Turbo - and they did - and I got one - and I love it

but the more I watch these videos with people getting crazy HP #'s out of their 6's the more I think that maybe I should step up, especially since the 6cyl one is also Turbo and it sounds amazing (QQ)?

and now Nissan is annoucing the "new" Z (which I don't really like, but for the price it might be worth it?) and I'm not really happy with its looks on the outside, front end and side (esp rear quarter) just dont do it for me, but the interior looks so good ... and i dont really care for manual - the gear box that we have in our cars is simply AMAZING

so I'm in a boat where I can wait until there are "mods" for the 4cyl

I can wait until 6cyl drops in price

or I can trade my car in for a 6cyl

also something else to consider, my daily commute is about 20 miles, I've had my car for 3 months now and I have just put on 1500 miles on it - and its getting stored in winter - so maybe I could even step up to the limited/special edition 6cyl?

anyone else think these cars might be collectibles someday?

just kinda trying to see if anyone is thinking like me in the same boat, by no means am I complaining, the 4cyl is WAY more then enough for me, idk, just thinking out loud
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Scratching my head puzzled with this thread.. out loud.

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
this supra is the last gas supra. the next generation supra will be hybird like the nsx. I think the collectibles cars are all the classic JDM cars at the moment

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
I wanted the new Supra from the moment I saw the Concept car, I was kinda hoping that it was going to be a 4cyl turbo and a regular V6 but thats not how that worked out

I secretly wanted a 4cyl turbo and I told myself I would buy new Supra only if they made a 4cyl Turbo - and they did - and I got one - and I love it

but the more I watch these videos with people getting crazy HP #'s out of their 6's the more I think that maybe I should step up, especially since the 6cyl one is also Turbo and it sounds amazing (QQ)?

and now Nissan is annoucing the "new" Z (which I don't really like, but for the price it might be worth it?) and I'm not really happy with its looks on the outside, front end and side (esp rear quarter) just dont do it for me, but the interior looks so good ... and i dont really care for manual - the gear box that we have in our cars is simply AMAZING

so I'm in a boat where I can wait until there are "mods" for the 4cyl

I can wait until 6cyl drops in price

or I can trade my car in for a 6cyl

also something else to consider, my daily commute is about 20 miles, I've had my car for 3 months now and I have just put on 1500 miles on it - and its getting stored in winter - so maybe I could even step up to the limited/special edition 6cyl?

anyone else think these cars might be collectibles someday?

just kinda trying to see if anyone is thinking like me in the same boat, by no means am I complaining, the 4cyl is WAY more then enough for me, idk, just thinking out loud
I don’t mod cars, so I plan to just enjoy the car as it is. It gets driven daily as my main form of transport (year-round here in TX), and I have zero belief that these cars will become a collectible. If the B48 version is plenty for you, then my advice is to ignore what the B58 folk are doing and just enjoy the car for as long as you can afford the gas to fill it up with.

My opinion on the new Z is that I like how it looks, but my experience with Nissan/Infiniti build quality is enough to keep me away.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I'm -- also not sure.

I thought you were coming over, btw. I have all the cookies.
This thread suddenly sounds interesting! :yes:

OP
OP

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
derailed as fuck

idk, I was just sitting and ready stuff on the Z and started thinking about going over to 3.0 since 2.0 gets ignored when it comes to Supra

I dont mind modding, but mostly for me its exhaust/wheels/suspension and CF pieces

I don't plan to put a ton of miles on this thing either way

satx_phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Ford Fiesta; BMW M3 CS (G80) Waitlist
derailed as fuck

idk, I was just sitting and ready stuff on the Z and started thinking about going over to 3.0 since 2.0 gets ignored when it comes to Supra

I dont mind modding, but mostly for me its exhaust/wheels/suspension and CF pieces

I don't plan to put a ton of miles on this thing either way
Why do you need a 3.0 for those mods? Most of those kinds of mods should work fine with the 2.0. I was thinking you were talking about engine mods. And as far as the engine goes, don’t piggyback devices like JB4 work with the B48 too?

Depending on when you got your 2.0, trading it in for a 3.0 the way the auto market is right now could be dicey.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Why do you need a 3.0 for those mods? Most of those kinds of mods should work fine with the 2.0. I was thinking you were talking about engine mods. And as far as the engine goes, don’t piggyback devices like JB4 work with the B48 too?

Depending on when you got your 2.0, trading it in for a 3.0 the way the auto market is right now could be dicey.

All cosmetic and suspension modes are identical for the 2.0 and 3.0. JB4 does work on a B48. some parts will fit, others won't.

OP
OP

Roman

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR B48
I'm not sure it was 'railed' to start with. lol. The only question I see is about collectability.
idk, I'm probably just bad at communicating

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
idk, I'm probably just bad at communicating
Na, you're fine. I'm just busting balls.

I think the 2.0 is actually a really great car. If you're not looking to break any 1/4 mile records, and you just want a fun all-around car - there's literally nothing wrong with the 2.0. And you'll kick all the 3.0 asses on fuel consumption. If you need a little more punch, you can JB4/JB+. Otherwise, all your cosmetic stuff/wheels/lowering springs (I think? someone correct me if I'm wrong) will fit just fine.

Just avoid the purple devil emoji around here, and you'll be great. (cc @ikeaboy)
Sponsored