Order & Delivery Process with Toyota

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Pro, Toyota MR2 Mk3, Audi A2
Just a thought but looking at the brochure that I received at the start of the year, the CO2 emmisions for the 3.0 are 188g/km while looking at Toyota's European website quotes something like 165g/km. There is also a reduction in emissions for the 2.0 so maybe they are making the engines cleaner for stricter future emissions.
Like yourself, I have ordered the Yellow colour - I notice that the US market refers to it as Nitro Yellow while in the UK it's Lightening Yellow. Anyway, it's the best colour by far - the staff were all in agreement on that point too saying that it's the colour that really pops.
Sponsored

OP
OP
f22bub

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
Yeah, agree. Yellow is the best standard color :) I hope that those cleaner cars won't get even more silenced sound! Anyways, let's wait and see..

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
My experience was pretty bad as well (Canada).
Placed the order with my local Toyota dealership and they told me it could take from 1 month to a year to get the car. During the second month I gave them a call and the sales guy basically told me "don't bother to call, we'll call you when we know anything" (in nicer words of course).

It wasn't until 3 months in that I found out from someone on this forum that the exact same model/trim/color I had ordered from my dealership was on the sales floor at another dealership so I drove there right away and closed the deal.....in other words, Toyota basically sent a car to the bigger dealership to sell instead of giving priority to my order.

Had I just sit and do nothing I'd probably still be waiting for that sales guy to call me.....Not sure what the availability is in your area (Supras are extremely rare here) but my best piece of advice, don't wait for Toyota, shop around if you can and make things happen yourself.
Sponsored