Ordering Process For New Supra

Are you planning on buying a first year model?

• Yes, I can't wait any longer. Also willing to pay dealer markups.

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • No, I'll wait for the bugs to be worked out & the hype / markups to die down.

Votes: 57 78.1%

• Total voters

tfoxyr

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
suzuki swift sport
It seems like they are marketing this car a lot harder over in Europe than anywhere else. I guess since they know the car won't be about 'numbers' and will be more about 'feel'; bringing it to America may only be done for the debut so it doesn't get bashed as it sounds like the numbers won't match a lot of what US sports cars are providing today. What will match or exceed though is the price as funny as that sounds.
In europe generally we have less sports cars in the streets because of harder legislations , so if someone can buy the supra he probably can buy the m2 too. Also there is a reason hot haches sell here, they are practical and offer truly amazing performance for their money. At this moment i can go to a Vw dealer and get a brand new Golf R with 310 hp from a 4 cylinder with all wheel drive that does 0-100 in 4.6 sec and it costs 40k , so it will be a hard sell here, i can guarantee you that. If toyota wants to be competitive here , they need to offer the car well below the cost of the cayman and the m2 or kill these cars with the performance.
Sponsored

Syed Shah

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18' Audi A4 B9, 15' Toyota Hilux Invincible X 3.0
In europe generally we have less sports cars in the streets because of harder legislations , so if someone can buy the supra he probably can buy the m2 too. Also there is a reason hot haches sell here, they are practical and offer truly amazing performance for their money. At this moment i can go to a Vw dealer and get a brand new Golf R with 310 hp from a 4 cylinder with all wheel drive that does 0-100 in 4.6 sec and it costs 40k , so it will be a hard sell here, i can guarantee you that. If toyota wants to be competitive here , they need to offer the car well below the cost of the cayman and the m2 or kill these cars with the performance.
Except the new WLTP means that the new WLTP regs mean that the Golf R is now downrated to 296... such a piss take.

Apparently though, this A90 Supra will also be victim to this which means European markets will get the downrated HP of 340-360 [est] while US market gets the fully blown, louder 380-390bhp [est] model..

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
I emailed Toyota Canada about whether they would be having a reservation date and they told me they have no way of doing a reservation of a new vehicle launch at this time. Seems like North America Toyota are dragging their feet big time, the vehicle will launch globally at the same time, it doesnā€™t make sense for one place to get the ball rolling far ahead of others.

Syed Shah

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I just went into a dealer and asked for more information on the Supra. He said it was going to be unveiled at the Paris Motorshow.

He also has taken some details for me, and said he would let me know more about pricing and anything else as soon as he can. He seems confident he will be getting some more info about this next month so Iā€™m excited!

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
I just went into a dealer and asked for more information on the Supra. He said it was going to be unveiled at the Paris Motorshow.

He also has taken some details for me, and said he would let me know more about pricing and anything else as soon as he can. He seems confident he will be getting some more info about this next month so Iā€™m excited!
First time hearing about the car being at the Paris Auto show. Not sure itā€™s the right stage for such a debut. Oh well.. BMW will be unveiling the 3 series there so might as unveil their Zupra as well.

Syed Shah

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
First time hearing about the car being at the Paris Auto show. Not sure itā€™s the right stage for such a debut. Oh well.. BMW will be unveiling the 3 series there so might as unveil their Zupra as well.
I hadnt heard of it before either so it would be a pleasant surprise if they did take the camo off at the Paris MS

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
My guess is still for NAIAS in Detroit (January 2019). I feel like we'd be hearing more hype if the car was to be unveiled at Paris.

VeniceKing

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford GT(maybe someday, most likely through rental
Most likely in the same red as the Z4 too

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
The new 3 series is rumored to have a M350i version with with 420bhp. Perchance the supra gets the M50i treatment as well

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Three days and they couldnā€™t get the preorder closed ? Just like I thought.. DOA.

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
DOA?! I'm sorry, but not everyone would buy a shoe simply because the maker says it fits well...especially if that shoe costs upwards of a presumed 55-60k. Maybe some would rather wait...like everyone here, we know very little, and some would probably wait to evaluate whether or not the A90 is a good fit for them.
Furthermore, this isn't considering the US, which is maybe one of the larger markets for this car.

Supra21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2013 Mercedes Benz C250
Three days and they couldnā€™t get the preorder closed ? Just like I thought.. DOA.
DOA?! I'm sorry, but not everyone would buy a shoe simply because the maker says it fits well...especially if that shoe costs upwards of a presumed 55-60k. Maybe some would rather wait...like everyone here, we know very little, and some would probably wait to evaluate whether or not the A90 is a good fit for them.
Furthermore, this isn't considering the US, which is maybe one of the larger markets for this car.

Turbro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 Strat 3.0 MT, 94 Supra TT 6Spd
They are fucking this up. Who would order a car that has no official specs and never been seen in 1 color...
Sponsored