Painting my strut tower braces - help me pick a color

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Between black, red, and yellow. I think it will be hard to match the yellow. Probably leaning toward red. I thought red might look too Ronald McDonald but it surprisingly doesn't seem to. What do you all think?

black.jpg
red.jpg
yellow.jpg
Sponsored

BA9092

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra Absolute Zero Premium
Black. It looks more integrated in the engine bay. Especially since the OEM bars don't look as special as some of the aftermarket offerings.

whittib

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 IS250 2018 Highlander
Between black, red, and yellow. I think it will be hard to match the yellow. Probably leaning toward red. I thought red might look too Ronald McDonald but it surprisingly doesn't seem to. What do you all think?

black.jpg
red.jpg
yellow.jpg
Actually I like the red since there is red on the engine cover . (And I am not a red fan)

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
I don't think you can go wrong with either color. All 3 colors are better than the stock silver finish. My first choice might be red for a more pop. The black makes less of a statement. It blends-in which is not a bad thing since the original bars are not as sculptured like some of the after market bars.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Black looks best. Mine is a 2020 and have the black anodized BMS braces.

OP
OP

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
Ended up with black. I decided I wanted a more blended in look since they are very generic-looking (cheap) bars. I went back and forth between black and red but ultimately thought red would call more attention to the basicness of them. I like the look and can't beat 6$ for a can of paint.
Finished black.jpg

autopc25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
push cart
Ended up with black. I decided I wanted a more blended in look since they are very generic-looking (cheap) bars. I went back and forth between black and red but ultimately thought red would call more attention to the basicness of them. I like the look and can't beat 6$ for a can of paint.
Finished black.jpg
It looks good. It looks finished now. Maybe pimp it out with a narrow red pin stripe that matches the red stripes on the engine cover? lol. Place the red stripe on the insides of the bars facing the engine so it's subtle.
Sponsored