Papadakis Racing 1000 HP Supra Engine Dyno Run!

FasTTurbo

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra 6spd (RR) - 94 Supra 6spd (Alpine)
Somehow it feels like unless the new Supra takes flight (literally) with however much ponies it needs, people will somehow always have a negative connotation towards the new Supra having a B58.
The only negative connotation is that the z4 coupe BMW owners deserved is called a supra. The rest is a moot point. Make 400hp, 1000hp, doesnt matter. Supras enthusiasts arent basing the opinion on the car based on how much power it makes. You get a room full of Toyota apologists explaining why x y and z are the reasons the car is a subcontracted toyota bmw afterthought, that doesnt change what end product is. If you like the car, like it, enjoy it, buy it and rejoice amongst your fellow enthusiasts, just dont interchange facts with opinionated conjecture..they are not one in the same.
Sponsored

DrDevil87

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch XSE
You all seem to be forgetting that Papadakis isn't building this for a street car.
This is probably going into a pro-spec Formula Drift car, kinda like the 2019 Corolla Hatchback that Fredric Aasbo was using.

FD engines need to be bullet proof or almost. The stress / power demand / wear these engines go through is massive.

I suspect that Aasbo might be running a 2020 Supra next year, or maybe someone else? (Jonathan Castro runs a GT86 backed by Papadakis racing also. Daigo Saito will be back in Formula Drift with I think his A90/2j combo but maybe he wants to run the B58? It's all speculation for the moment.)

I think Aasbo will move into a Supra and Castro will move to the Corolla Hatch... Anyways, we'll see, but Stephan isn't doing this just "For the tubes" or just to say "I was first". Pretty certain the last thing he cares about is being first.

Time will tell.
Fun fact, did you know Papadakis and his street racing / drag racing origins partly inspired the original F&F film?

Side note : Why is the shit stirrer tolerated? He's so far off topic and spewing garbage...

justbake

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F10 535i
You all seem to be forgetting that Papadakis isn't building this for a street car.
Because it is irrelevant since this build is literally just recreating the wheel for the sake of doing so. It is even less impressive for the motor because since he removed all the things that make it difficult to modify. No where does this advance the platform nor does it separate itself from 90s platforms by stripping all the advantages the B58 has over the 2JZ (except for the aluminum block.)

I think Aasbo will move into a Supra and Castro will move to the Corolla Hatch... Anyways, we'll see, but Stephan isn't doing this just "For the tubes" or just to say "I was first". Pretty certain the last thing he cares about is being first.
He isn't even the first, he is just the first to engine dyno an 825-900whp B58

JOutterbridge

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Genesis Coupe, 94 and 97 Toyota Supra
750@25psi is impressive, I know it will be a drift car but wonder what the final weight will be.
Im kinda interested in what transmission they are using and how difficult it was to install too. Obviously it's for racing only but I'm still curious on how they adapted to the B58.

Twisted Tuning

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twistedtuning.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 335xi, 135i, TwinTurbo Mazda6
750@25psi is impressive, I know it will be a drift car but wonder what the final weight will be.
Yea that's right around what we put down on our car around the same boost. Our car is full weight though.

I like the livery

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
On the heavy side, by design. Since they build around FormulaD regulations and with that power level they need wide tires. e.g. 295mm, requires 3000-3100 lbs according to FDs tire rules.

Dunno how heavy is this build, tbh. But Dai Yoshiharas BRZ was *heavier* than the stock BRZ for the same reason.

Im kinda interested in what transmission they are using and how difficult it was to install too. Obviously it's for racing only but I'm still curious on how they adapted to the B58.
Probably a 4-speed GSR dog box. Quite popular in FD builds and thats what they had in the previous build.

Hakkim23

First Name
Basith
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Toyota Camry
Steph Papadakis the man!
Sponsored