Parts Ordering Blues.

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nocturnal 3.0 premium MT
Anyone else just want a place to vent about their part ordering blues?

Parts taking forever to show up?

Wrong parts show up?

Wheel fitment wrong?

Vent about your frustrations, all I ask it don’t call out anyone or any manufacturers and please don’t call out any of our awesome venders on this forum, most of the time it isn’t their fault.

My frustration is I’ve been waiting on a hood for about 5 months and was told it would take about 12 weeks. I’m frustrated, but I understand. Just annoying that it takes so dam long and the season is about to start back up.
Sponsored

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I waited over 6 months for my DSS axles back in 2022

OP
OP
Mrgolde

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I waited over 6 months for my DSS axles back in 2022
Dang, hopfully you were just up grading and didn’t need them to drive your car.

concept

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra 45th, Mikan 2008 Mazda MX5 PRHT manual
It certainly is not just Toyota, and it's no coincidence that it's been happening since the pandemic. Some of it is due to the mass exodus of workers due to retirement. Teachers, nurses, and police officers also left their professions. My car sat at a dealership for 5 weeks before I pulled it out. The dealership eventually received the part but not the tools. They suggested I leave my car there again while they wait for the tools. When I told them I'd rather keep my car at home, they decided to ignore me.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Got an A91 carbon replica wing from a company I think early last year? Anyway, installed it with very high level of OCD and the fit was maybe a 7.5/10. I contacted the company and they very willingly sent me a replacement wing. Well I got that wing, took the time to take the old one off and clean all the gunk from the 3m tape that was left on my trunk. I then applied all fresh 3m tape to the new wing and went to install it only to find out the fitment on this wing was 10 times worse! Probably a 2/10 at best. The damn thing was super warped and literally looked like it was melting off the back of the car.

Long story short, I got fed up and reinstalled the original wing because it was "good enough" and I didn't want to deal with these cheap poorly made replica wings anymore. It still bugs me that the wing isn't perfect. I'll probably suck it up one day and order an OEM A91 spoiler from Toyota and pay that wonderful $1000 price tag 🙄

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
It certainly is not just Toyota, and it's no coincidence that it's been happening since the pandemic. Some of it is due to the mass exodus of workers due to retirement. Teachers, nurses, and police officers also left their professions. My car sat at a dealership for 5 weeks before I pulled it out. The dealership eventually received the part but not the tools. They suggested I leave my car there again while they wait for the tools. When I told them I'd rather keep my car at home, they decided to ignore me.
How is Mr. Diff? Did it stop leaking?

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
As a vendor- right there with you man, some of these suppliers and distributors suck and put us in terrible positions. Assuming you ordered a rep hood from China the waits can be crazy. On average when I ship by hoods by boat I give customers a 100-120 day expected ship time and 2-4 weeks for production if something is not ready to go.

A lot of the time we are told a date and time and have no control over anything else. I know I personally got screwed by a large manufacturer overseas, which I know adversely affected some people here, 99.99% were very understanding, but personally, after everything was set and done, I ended up losing almost $20,000 out of pocket refunding clients for damaged/ poorly fitting parts, or refunding those who never got what they ordered, with no recourse to recoup cost myself, lesson learned, made the mistake of thinking after almost 25k in orders with no issues, I would trust them to pay via bank wire in return for discounted rates, and it all went to hell after that. Shipping times overseas have also become insane, as well as cost. My steering wheels cost me about 75 to ship when I began selling them, and now are almost 140 in shipping alone. Hoods that used to cost me 250-300 to ship via boat, are not 5-600, along with double the wait time, if it comes damaged? I'm SOL.

Got into an argument with a distributor of mine today for selling me 3 carbon lips, all of which in said in stock on their portal for the last 3 weeks, all of which had tracking numbers assigned, and only today after 5 emails and 4 calls I was told oh, we made a mistake they have been out of stock all month and we forgot to change the portal, sorry. Its tough, we as vendors try our best to work with the best people we can find, but sometimes just no way around it. Companies in the US are not always much better, won't give names but a very large and well known company has been selling a supra-specific suspension component that is very flawed, has had multiple reported issues, I personally experienced it and still has not done anything to my knowledge to fix it. Oh well, all I have to say Is I appreciate all the customers who have patience with vendors knowing we really do try our best and sometimes get put in tough spots with no correct answer, I personally have paid out about $2,000 uncompensated " I'm sorry they messed up but its my problem so here is money back" refunds this year alone. Not sure if this is what you meant by vent but here ya go!

OP
OP
Mrgolde

Mrgolde

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As a vendor- right there with you man, some of these suppliers and distributors suck and put us in terrible positions. Assuming you ordered a rep hood from China the waits can be crazy. On average when I ship by hoods by boat I give customers a 100-120 day expected ship time and 2-4 weeks for production if something is not ready to go.

A lot of the time we are told a date and time and have no control over anything else. I know I personally got screwed by a large manufacturer overseas, which I know adversely affected some people here, 99.99% were very understanding, but personally, after everything was set and done, I ended up losing almost $20,000 out of pocket refunding clients for damaged/ poorly fitting parts, or refunding those who never got what they ordered, with no recourse to recoup cost myself, lesson learned, made the mistake of thinking after almost 25k in orders with no issues, I would trust them to pay via bank wire in return for discounted rates, and it all went to hell after that. Shipping times overseas have also become insane, as well as cost. My steering wheels cost me about 75 to ship when I began selling them, and now are almost 140 in shipping alone. Hoods that used to cost me 250-300 to ship via boat, are not 5-600, along with double the wait time, if it comes damaged? I'm SOL.

Got into an argument with a distributor of mine today for selling me 3 carbon lips, all of which in said in stock on their portal for the last 3 weeks, all of which had tracking numbers assigned, and only today after 5 emails and 4 calls I was told oh, we made a mistake they have been out of stock all month and we forgot to change the portal, sorry. Its tough, we as vendors try our best to work with the best people we can find, but sometimes just no way around it. Companies in the US are not always much better, won't give names but a very large and well known company has been selling a supra-specific suspension component that is very flawed, has had multiple reported issues, I personally experienced it and still has not done anything to my knowledge to fix it. Oh well, all I have to say Is I appreciate all the customers who have patience with vendors knowing we really do try our best and sometimes get put in tough spots with no correct answer, I personally have paid out about $2,000 uncompensated " I'm sorry they messed up but its my problem so here is money back" refunds this year alone. Not sure if this is what you meant by vent but here ya go!
Well I’m hoping it’s not a rep since I paid 2500 for it. But I get you, these manufacturers really suck sometimes and it’s sucks even more that you have to deal with them and you are on the hook for the money.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Well I’m hoping it’s not a rep since I paid 2500 for it. But I get you, these manufacturers really suck sometimes and it’s sucks even more that you have to deal with them and you are on the hook for the money.
A lot of them out there are reps, which one did you order? Seibon?

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
^ lol I was going to chime in too. Vendors are in the same boat as you guys. Manufacturers tell us one date, we tell the customer said given timeline.. timeline passes, customer is frustrated, we ask the manufacturer and they're no help so it makes us look bad..

-Josh

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yeah, seller (major seller in the car scene too) won't allow signature release so even though it's a dumb $100 part, I have to wait for FedEx all faking day long to receive it. And I only get like 5 sec before the guy gives up on me and goes on his route.. so yeah, I have to be on my toes for $100. It's a faking BS retarded hassle. :crazy: