minimum amount of parts/$$ spent to achieve 3.0 speed

Donjazz

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra B48
looks like they were getting that number back in the 2021's also. Good driver, good conditions and a track. I'm back country rds and not a great driver soooo. Main thing is several persons have stated and clocked 4.2-4.6 ish on the set up I have. So thats pretty much where you can expect to be with the mods previously listed. The next step up is more expensive and you send your DME off to Femto and get a Navardi E85 tune. You will need a DP with that and they also recommend XHP. Outside of that is the turbo upgrade which you can get via IPOS. You don't need a Femto unlock for that as you can get a JB4 custom map done for it from what I read.
Sponsored

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Honestly you 2.0 guys might get lot of crap here but it’s probably the best 4 cylinder out on the market rn. 0-60 in 4.7 stock is pretty damn good and can be even better with fbo and tune. A 2 seater rwd coupe that still has more advanced tech than anything like honda, Subaru, and arguably toyota themselves have put on their sport cars. The 2.0 is best over any other 4 cylinder sport cars out there

OP
OP
Soliduz

Soliduz

First Name
Zelda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
okay I'm back
1707328748276.png

these are going to be my first mods. Doing this before any type of tune. Any experts out there care to weigh in if I'm missing a little something else that connects to these that could help in the long run?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
okay I'm back
1707328748276.png

these are going to be my first mods. Doing this before any type of tune. Any experts out there care to weigh in if I'm missing a little something else that connects to these that could help in the long run?
Spending $1,000 on an intake that doesn't do anything. But if you don't care, it's your car. :)

Donjazz

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra B48
Yeah man, I would pop an AFE intake and JB4 for that amount of money instead of spending 1 grand on an intake.

OP
OP
Soliduz

Soliduz

First Name
Zelda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
Spending $1,000 on an intake that doesn't do anything. But if you don't care, it's your car. :)
okay okay it's overkill. I'll look at other options!

OP
OP
Soliduz

Soliduz

First Name
Zelda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra

Donjazz

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra B48

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
okay I'm back
1707328748276.png

intakes are a waste of money if you are going for performance. Also there's much more cost effective downpipes.

I would personally do a cheap catless downpipe and a jb4. It's the best bang for buck upgrade you can do.

OP
OP
Soliduz

Soliduz

First Name
Zelda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
https://studiorsr.com/products/afe-...29257&pr_ref_pid=7701581496489&pr_seq=uniform

The prof 5R filter (blue color) provides more CFM than the dry filter. Make sure its for 2.0L the dyno sheet on this one says 2.0 but I don't see it in the description anywhere else. You can also get it directly from AFE. There website is giving issues right now.
are there any issues with these open type filters compared to the enclosed ones? Does one have more durability than the other?

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
are there any issues with these open type filters compared to the enclosed ones? Does one have more durability than the other?
Open filters most of the time just hurt performance due to heatsoak. The best you can do is a replacement panel filter.

OP
OP
Soliduz

Soliduz

First Name
Zelda
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Supra
looks like they were getting that number back in the 2021's also. Good driver, good conditions and a track. I'm back country rds and not a great driver soooo. Main thing is several persons have stated and clocked 4.2-4.6 ish on the set up I have. So thats pretty much where you can expect to be with the mods previously listed. The next step up is more expensive and you send your DME off to Femto and get a Navardi E85 tune. You will need a DP with that and they also recommend XHP. Outside of that is the turbo upgrade which you can get via IPOS. You don't need a Femto unlock for that as you can get a JB4 custom map done for it from what I read.

okay I'm curious

with the same bolt-ons or kept stock, how much of a performance difference is the JB4 vs having the DME unlocked with a tune and XHP on the 2.0?

Donjazz

First Name
Donovan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra B48