Passenger Side Rear sticks out about 1/4 inch more than Driver Side Rear

Voodoomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra Prem. MT, 00 Turbo Miata, 18 Civic Hatch
I recently installed some HKS springs, put on some larger wheels/tires, and had an alignment done (Camber/caster etc. on both sides match).

With the larger wheels, I notice that the passenger side sticks out about a 1/4 more than the driver's side.
I am curious if this is common for the MKVs (or at least when lowered), something I should address with the shop that performed the alignment, or something else I would need to adjust to help center up the rear?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I know this is a silly question, but are all four wheels the same size and offset?

OP
OP

Voodoomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I run 19x9.5+25 265/35r19 fronts & 19x10.5+35 305/30r19 rears.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Did you get an alignment sheet? If the camber or toe is off on one side it can give that illusion. Have photos?

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
whole rear subframe out of alignment?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
alignment sheet looks fine. Are you talking about the front? it looks like your steering wheel isn't straight in that photo. If it is, that means the wheel moved when they where setting your toe and you should take it back for them to make sure the wheel is straight when they set your toe.

Is your steering wheel straight when you drive down the road straight? Or is it cocked to one side when the car is tracking straight?

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
That's weird. Looks like mismatched camber.

OP
OP

Voodoomouse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
alignment sheet looks fine. Are you talking about the front? it looks like your steering wheel isn't straight in that photo. If it is, that means the wheel moved when they where setting your toe and you should take it back for them to make sure the wheel is straight when they set your toe.

Is your steering wheel straight when you drive down the road straight? Or is it cocked to one side when the car is tracking straight?
Rears. Car drives 100% straight on the roads.
Fronts are equal distance on both sides.
I only have about 300 miles on the car so far, so it worries me a bit as it is likely not just something worn.

I've also gotten mixed info from dealerships/shops. Some say it is normal, others say it is not.

Last edited:

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
@Voodoomouse did you ever figure out anything on this?

I have a similar issue on my 2021 with HKS-has, however I have a bunch of suspension changes as well... I do my own alignments and I can get it into spec no issues (drives perfectly strait / no issues), but I notice the same thing in the rear you are showing where the passenger side sticks out past the fender/bumper slightly more than the driver side no matter what I do even with all the adjustability I have in the SPL arms...

With my suspension changes the rear subframe was dropped to install parts, so I have been worried that maybe the subframe is shifted to one side..., but I'm not sure how possible that is with the guide pins it has when putting it back on... And based on what you did I'm assuming you didn't have the rear subframe dropped so I'm wondering if this is just me being OCD and it's just somewhat normal / something like the body panels are slightly off side to side from factory, which isn't noticeable unless you have flush fit tires/wheels...

jgardner150

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
@Voodoomouse @jgardner150 did you find out any more about this? i have the same issue i only noticed after installing aftermarket wheels. i plan to take the car to a local racing mechanic that's familiar with BMW platform next week so they can explore it.
I did drop the rear subframe again after my last post to see if there was any play to relocate it, but didnā€™t really change anything. Itā€™s been the same way since I posted this no changes. Still drives fine and no odd tire ware noticed. Iā€™m probably the only one that looks hard enough at it to notice so I stopped looking at it hard šŸ˜‚
Sponsored