Passenger rear toe arm issue

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
What is considered not reusable. Do you mean anytime you get it adjusted/realigned or a complete new install?

I'm about to install coil overs + Rear toe arms + rear camber arms. This has me thinking I may need to figure out what bolts are not reusable so I can have them on hand.

Question: I am going to install the parts myself and then bring it to a shop for an alignment. At what point do I install the new bolts? Do I install the bolts when I install the coils etc, or have the alignment shop install the new bolts during the alignment? (If I install the bolts, then they will technically be used when the alignment shop realigns everything?)

Also, how long should I let my coils settle before getting an alignment?
Iā€˜m going to only use a race alignment shop (Mr. Bā€™s) for now on and have my mechanic check them all before each track weekend. See you at Homestead Jan 14/15 if youā€™re going! šŸ˜ƒ
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
DD07FC19-580F-4020-BB60-845EA2DF4B72.jpeg

I can vouch for replacing & checking them šŸ˜‚ Luckily no black flag šŸ“ and all the computer safety stuff was turned off. Happened at end of my weekend at Sebring. Under 30 mph drivable and still able to white flag šŸ³ for the rest of the drivers. Only going to use the same alignment shop for now on. Not BMW total fault. Brought it there for a computer issue they couldnā€™t fix and asked for an alignment before track weekend. Didnā€™t think anything of itā€¦ Whoops šŸ˜¬ šŸ˜… Good post!
Thatā€™s the rear traction link, thereā€™s no reason someone would touch that bolt at all during an alignment.

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Spl is the place to look. They make nice arms. And I believe just the eccentric bolts as well. I have all spl arms front and rear. Most alignment shops however do not know how to use them and will leave bolts loose etc and even try to adjust wrong arms. so I always have to check everything after they touch it. You have to tell them what you want and to be very precise including getting thrust angle to 0/spot on for rear. Or it can pull. The best set up so far for me on tire wear etc is -2.8 front with zero tow. -2.6 rear with 1/16 tow in. And thrust angle 0. But will need all adjustable arms and camber plates on front shocks to do this.

OP
OP
obito

obito

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
DD07FC19-580F-4020-BB60-845EA2DF4B72.jpeg

I can vouch for replacing & checking them šŸ˜‚ Luckily no black flag šŸ“ and all the computer safety stuff was turned off. Happened at end of my weekend at Sebring. Under 30 mph drivable and still able to white flag šŸ³ for the rest of the drivers. Only going to use the same alignment shop for now on. Not BMW total fault. Brought it there for a computer issue they couldnā€™t fix and asked for an alignment before track weekend. Didnā€™t think anything of itā€¦ Whoops šŸ˜¬ šŸ˜… Good post!
Wow glad I made the original post felt dumb for asking but this is valuable to help people be cautious. I still havenā€™t gotten one done since the last time and Iā€™m a little hesitant if/when I need one like after coilovers

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Thatā€™s the rear traction link, thereā€™s no reason someone would touch that bolt at all during an alignment.
Indeed. I did a previous track weekend with those links, no problem. BMW did have lots of questions about the resetting the computer. Took them two days to say they couldnā€™t do it. Toyota said they couldnā€™t even touch the car being lowered (Eibach springs) and with aftermarket parts. Point being great thread on @obitoā€™s part and only sticking to independent shops (no big dealers for me).

Edit: only use places comfortable with your car and the parts. Yes itā€™s common sense. Iā€™ll definitely apply my own advice next time. Live and learn šŸ˜Š

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Pro tip:

Mark your suspension bolts with a white paint pen. Mark a line from the bolt to the surface below it. That way you can quickly look over everything between/after/before track days to see if anything has shifted or come loose. It has def helped me over the years.

Like this but with a white paint pen:

Screenshot 2022-12-17 at 11.18.33 AM.png
Sponsored