DermDoc

DermDoc

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2023 Toyota Supra
One more comment, these tires straight hook. My car laid down 610whp and i cannot believe how well these tires hold down the power. Haven't done a ton of pulls yet but these are night and day better than the PSS's, where all i did when i had those on was spin. Quieter and believe it or not, seem to have a better ride than the Michelin's too.

@DermDoc what are you running for pressures?
I couldn't agree more - hook is big big improvement over stock tires and I also enjoy the ride better. Glad you're liking them so far! I'm currently trying to figure out what set of aftermarket wheels to get as I would like to get a set dedicated for track days (leaning toward APEX). def going to slap RT660s on them (once budget allows.....) bc they do a great job
Sponsored

redspencer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue Supra; Track-tuned IS350 w/ OS Giken TCD
Anyone daily drive with the RT660s? Curious how many miles they last...
My RT660 rear tires are at 3/32 with less than 6k miles of use. I do go WOT on a regular basis though. Fronts are still doing well at 6/32 with the same 6k mileage.

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
IMG_7227.jpeg

took my pops to the track yesterday - we had a blast.

For all those wondering how the RT660s felt 295/35/19 rear and 265/35/19 front on stock wheels, I have to say I was surprised with how well they did cornering. With that said and as has been discussed here and elsewhere, ideally these tires would sit on a slightly wider aftermarket wheel but obviously I cannot personally compare as I have not experienced them outside of on these stock wheels.

3rd place in my class (smoked by two guys sharing their Porsche 911 Turbo S) but I was happy!
ever been to the track with stock size tires?
if so, can you share the diffrence?

im using stock size michelin cup 2 tires and really want to go 295/35 in the back
but in affraid to hurt the handling.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
im using stock size michelin cup 2 tires and really want to go 295/35 in the back
but in affraid to hurt the handling.
I went bigger up front on my S2K. Totally lost her play. Thus had reservations of using a square 275/35-18s on this platform. However, it works on this car. If youā€™re adding power and need the added grip (in the back), you definitely should do it. Thatā€™s easier to work with than going bigger up front.

For me, stock power, square 275s with 200 or better tread wear tires, Iā€™m McLovin šŸŸ it!

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
I went bigger up front on my S2K. Totally lost her play. Thus had reservations of using a square 275/35-18s on this platform. However, it works on this car. If youā€™re adding power and need the added grip (in the back), you definitely should do it. Thatā€™s easier to work with than going bigger up front.

For me, stock power, square 275s with 200 or better tread wear tires, Iā€™m McLovin šŸŸ it!
i miss my S2K so much, i used to have a square 245/40/17 on my S2K it worked amazing.

in the supra the stock size 255 michelin cup 2 in the front feels amazing, i just feel like i need more grip in the back.
for power im using JB4 right now and i will be upgrading to stage 2 tune very soon.

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
Anyone daily drive with the RT660s? Curious how many miles they last...
Being a 200TW, and observing the little shape-changing divots on the shoulders of my set, I can't see them lasting more than 10-15k, at the most. They're also not built for comfort at all, being noisy, harsher riding, and tramlining a bit on grooved pavement. I still love them, but would never take a long road trip with them mounted up.

This may not be a practical option for many of you, but that's where having two sets of wheels & tires becomes really handy. Slap the stock wheels back on with OE Pilots, UHPAS, or something similar and don't be so paranoid about encountering surprise inclement weather or needing an emergency replacement far from home, and the OE sizes are much more plentiful at stores throughout the country. I scored a set of Cooper RS3-G1 on closeout ($600 total!!) last fall, and will the slapping these on the OE wheels of my 2024 as soon as I take delivery.

PXL_20231009_233226473.jpg

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Being a 200TW, and observing the little shape-changing divots on the shoulders of my set, I can't see them lasting more than 10-15k, at the most. They're also not built for comfort at all, being noisy, harsher riding, and tramlining a bit on grooved pavement. I still love them, but would never take a long road trip with them mounted up.

This may not be a practical option for many of you, but that's where having two sets of wheels & tires becomes really handy. Slap the stock wheels back on with OE Pilots, UHPAS, or something similar and don't be so paranoid about encountering surprise inclement weather or needing an emergency replacement far from home, and the OE sizes are much more plentiful at stores throughout the country. I scored a set of Cooper RS3-G1 on closeout ($600 total!!) last fall, and will the slapping these on the OE wheels of my 2024 as soon as I take delivery.
Will said! You find your highest wear points quickly when on the softies. For me itā€™s on track. Not being a daily driver, I donā€™t notice any effects from the few miles I put on during the week. Like you, when it comes to tires, I look for a good buy on our daily cars. But yeah, I wouldnā€™t want a track tire on all the time. Some friends run Kumho V730s or Bridgestone RE71s on their cars year round. Probably a few pages back, but Iā€™ll throw the chart up anyway.

96dcf2f6-4876-450a-848a-472f16dc663d.jpeg

Iā€˜m on Endurance 100s - Maxxis Victras RC-1

IMG_5213.jpeg

Stock wheels and tires are going back on soon šŸ˜”
Sponsored

Last edited: