Phantomx

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Do you have 30 or 35 sidewalls?
275/35 front and 305/30 rear. I’m about to order NT 555 RII’s I think i’m going with the 295/35/19 size. It’s a bit taller than stock but a little more sidewall to help the launch. We will see how it goes. Or 285/35/19 is closer to stock.

Stock 275/35 - 26.58”
285/35 - 26.8”
295/35 - 27.1”

It does effect the gear ratio A little bit so I don’t want to go to tall.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
Looks great 👍

The wheel width (both front & rear) doesn’t match the tire size though

The front tire tread is 0.8 inch wider than the oem 9 inch wheel

The rear tire tread is 0.5 inch wider than the oem 10 inch wheel

You should go the opposite. Fit wheels that are wider than the tire tread.

For your chosen tire and sizes (RT660 265/35 + 295/35 19) you should be running at least a 10/10.5 combo or even better, a 10.5/11 combo for handling.

IMG_6319.jpeg

IMG_6318.jpeg
This has been covered extensively in other threads, we know going wider on the wheel would be optimal. There are a lot of folks who don't want to spend $3,500 on aftermarket wheels to gain .5 of an inch width, i'm one of them. I don't plan to do track days (at least as of now) but i also don't see this as being an issue either if i decided to track the car. They should be close enough to in-spec to be just fine.

PowerGetter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24' 45th Anni Supra 3.0 6MT, 23' Subaru Ascent
The combo looks amazing man.

This is the reason why I'm in NO rush to "upgrade" the 2023+ stock premium wheels. They look amazing and are not heavy. The best looking stock wheel out of all of the models imo. With that said -- sure you can gain some preferred handling characteristics by changing wheels and upgrading width, but I don't think it's one of the early things that need to be done to a mkv in terms of performance and specially looks.

TheSuds

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra Launch Edition
Love the way she sits - Perfect now IMO

Falken RT660 295/35/19 rear and 265/35/19 front

15 mm and 13 mm spacers rear and front, respectively

Eibach Euro (Z4) lowering springs (0.8 inches all around)

No rubbing front or back, great ride, hooks great (big improvement)

Hope this helps others looking for a setup on 2023 OEM wheels

I have plenty more photos if you guys want. Just ask.

IMG_5676.jpeg
IMG_5681.jpeg
IMG_5679.jpeg
IMG_5687.jpeg

IMG_5681.jpeg
Looks great, how do they do in the rain? I imagine not the best lol

OP
OP
DermDoc

DermDoc

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2023 Toyota Supra
Looks great, how do they do in the rain? I imagine not the best lol
I drive like a granny when it's raining so they're just fine. If you're trying to push the car while raining that would likely be another story but not going to find out! But yes I've read they aren't the best in the rain. For daily driving they've been perfect for me

OP
OP
DermDoc

DermDoc

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This has been covered extensively in other threads, we know going wider on the wheel would be optimal. There are a lot of folks who don't want to spend $3,500 on aftermarket wheels to gain .5 of an inch width, i'm one of them. I don't plan to do track days (at least as of now) but i also don't see this as being an issue either if i decided to track the car. They should be close enough to in-spec to be just fine.
I also love the stock wheels on the 2023. They are amazing imo

OP
OP
DermDoc

DermDoc

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The combo looks amazing man.

This is the reason why I'm in NO rush to "upgrade" the 2023+ stock premium wheels. They look amazing and are not heavy. The best looking stock wheel out of all of the models imo. With that said -- sure you can gain some preferred handling characteristics by changing wheels and upgrading width, but I don't think it's one of the early things that need to be done to a mkv in terms of performance and specially looks.
Thank you thank you! I agree. I do love aftermarket wheels and it probably would have been one of the earlier things I would have done to the car had the stock wheels not been so badass. I'm very happy with the way they look. I've also gotten plenty of comments from people assuming they were aftermarket wheels and when I tell them these are stock they're like...well damn those are some nice stock wheels!

GRMan

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too many
Get this right, at least an inch wider up front and half inch wider on the rear

The fact that if stock size RT660 handles better on stock wheels then it is an issue to alot of people, may be not you.

I am happy OP is happy with the current setup and i do hope he or she can get wider wheels in the future and experience the next level up in handling

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Thank you thank you! I agree. I do love aftermarket wheels and it probably would have been one of the earlier things I would have done to the car had the stock wheels not been so badass. I'm very happy with the way they look. I've also gotten plenty of comments from people assuming they were aftermarket wheels and when I tell them these are stock they're like...well damn those are some nice stock wheels!
HA! That’s hilarious 😂 Don’t know why I was looking at what Supras are available in certain areas (tons in DC right now) but I was. Wife asked what kind of wheels are those 😮 - I’m like, those are the stock wheels. Yeah, they look great!

I slap my stock wheels back on my car every 6 months. They look better (either version 2022 or 2024) and I don’t’ need gorilla grip rubber when driving in town. It’s fun to have a little play when no one is around. Anyway, kudos to you brother. Enjoy that mofo! Such a fun ride in town or track.

OP
OP
DermDoc

DermDoc

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
HA! That’s hilarious 😂 Don’t know why I was looking at what Supras are available in certain areas (tons in DC right now) but I was. Wife asked what kind of wheels are those 😮 - I’m like, those are the stock wheels. Yeah, they look great!

I slap my stock wheels back on my car every 6 months. They look better (either version 2022 or 2024) and I don’t’ need gorilla grip rubber when driving in town. It’s fun to have a little play when no one is around. Anyway, kudos to you brother. Enjoy that mofo! Such a fun ride in town or track.
I would love to have a second set! They definitely are the nicest stock wheels I've seen. Went to the track yesterday had a blast!

OP
OP
DermDoc

DermDoc

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How does the car feel after alignment? Have you done any cornering yet?
went to track (autocross) for the first time with this setup yesterday and it felt great. I was worried it might feel unstable with cornering but I was impressed with how well things felt. Honestly think I'll be sticking with these RT660s in the future when I run through this current set

OP
OP
DermDoc

DermDoc

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ran 305/30R19 RT660 on the stock wheels once, and cornering was very unsettled. The worst thing was the little wiggle the rear end did when mashing the throttle on the highway. I wouldn't do it again, nor recommend it.
went to track yesterday with the rt660s 295/35/19 sitting on the rears and it actually felt great. I was worried that the 295s might also feel what you felt with the 305s but I was impressed with how they felt cornering

OP
OP
DermDoc

DermDoc

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Get this right, at least an inch wider up front and half inch wider on the rear

The fact that if stock size RT660 handles better on stock wheels then it is an issue to alot of people, may be not you.

I am happy OP is happy with the current setup and i do hope he or she can get wider wheels in the future and experience the next level up in handling
as you mentioned, I'm sure it would feel even better on wider wheels which is in the plans for the future. With that said, I was worried that it would feel unsettled at the track while cornering but yesterday things felt better than expected. I really enjoy the RT660s and will be sticking with them for a while. Can't wait to see how they feel on an upgraded wheel in the future

OP
OP
DermDoc

DermDoc

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
IMG_7227.jpeg

took my pops to the track yesterday - we had a blast.

For all those wondering how the RT660s felt 295/35/19 rear and 265/35/19 front on stock wheels, I have to say I was surprised with how well they did cornering. With that said and as has been discussed here and elsewhere, ideally these tires would sit on a slightly wider aftermarket wheel but obviously I cannot personally compare as I have not experienced them outside of on these stock wheels.

3rd place in my class (smoked by two guys sharing their Porsche 911 Turbo S) but I was happy!
Sponsored