Performance upgrades that wont void the Warranty

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AW A90
It makes perfect sense. CAI pushes more air into the engine, if the fueling can't keep up, there will be too much oxygen particles per fuel particles and that'll lean out the car.
My STI couldn't accept an intake without tuning for it. If you had a downpipe too, you needed to upgrade injectors and fuel pump as well because the stock fueling system would not be enough.
Intakes are very important now. That's why they hardly make power, and often lose power, with aftermarket parts. Because they're so highly designed by the manufacturer.
BMW's and the Supra is different from a STI in which you need to get a tune because of the MAF sensor and an intake makes the car run lean. With a B58 you can install an intake or downpipe and it's fine (because of MAP sensor)but you'll get better performance with a tune.
Sponsored

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
BMW's and the Supra is different from a STI in which you need to get a tune because of the MAF sensor and an intake makes the car run lean. With a B58 you can install an intake or downpipe and it's fine (because of MAP sensor)but you'll get better performance with a tune.
Yeah I know. I was just using it as an example. Intakes have come a long way from just shoving a cone filter at the end of a pipe and calling it a day lol.

Mrblack889

First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Car(s)
#A90 381 edition.. and r35
Vehicle Showcase
omg i jsut bought my brand new supra and i buy 5 years extended warranty too... in the same day also i order mst cold air intake,,
i think if we only change the intake only without tune all will be fine,..,. oor worse case if soomething happen, just put original airbox back before took to dealership for claim . ( make sure u install it your self, so no recorded )

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
omg i jsut bought my brand new supra and i buy 5 years extended warranty too... in the same day also i order mst cold air intake,,
i think if we only change the intake only without tune all will be fine,..,. oor worse case if soomething happen, just put original airbox back before took to dealership for claim . ( make sure u install it your self, so no recorded )
A dude bro of mine in San Antonio had his warranty cancelled (all engine related parts) because he put in a charge pipe. Toyota ain’t playing.

I was tryIng to joke with my SA. I said, “so, will my recently installed Verus engine cap set cancel my warranty?” She replied, with a serious tone, “I’ll have to look into that.”

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Did he change into stock one before claim to dealership ? Also if they cancel they return the extended warranty fee that we paid ?
Doesn't matter if you change back to stock. The ECU still records the out of spec MAF readings. And they'll just look for tool marks on the bolts to see if it has been uninstalled and reinstalled. They're not stupid.

ArthurWick

First Name
PA
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Stickers! They won’t void your warranty, and I think you gain at least 5hp per stickers right?

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
I trust you got it in writing; share it here.
I wouldn't even trust it in writing, because there's always some higher up that can respond with "That employee wasn't in a position to make that statement/promise with full accuracy, sorry."

psimzia

First Name
Pritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV5 Supra 2020, 08 Mustang GT (Steeda Cold Air), Lexus ES350
I just placed the Order for CAI and Charge Pipe 2.5 weeks ago and its not yet Shipped, i was gonna install it my self without Tune, I am reading this thread today and now i am worried that should i just install it or cancel the order. Everyone is saying different things about CAI install, tell me about your experience, do you think you are loosing Power with your CAI or any sort of performance issues ? pls advise. Thank You.

Supra_bert

First Name
albert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra mkv
I just purchased boost logic titanium catback exhaust system and armytrix catted dp. I'm assuming after installing the catted dp my warranty will be voided ?
Sponsored