gr_supra_lt

First Name
Martynas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Hello,
So shit happened… Went into plastic pole by accident. Is there any chance to save bumper from these scratches? All of them light scratches only. Car is ceramic coated, headlight will buff out. I know it’s matte paint you cannot buff them, but is there any other chance? Thanks.

B66D4CB8-F493-401B-B739-2BF1ABDE9CFB.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Hello,
So shit happened… Went into plastic pole by accident. Is there any chance to save bumper from these scratches? All of them light scratches only. Car is ceramic coated, headlight will buff out. I know it’s matte paint you cannot buff them, but is there any other chance? Thanks.

View attachment 75446
I’ve got the same color. Let us know what you find out. I’d personally go to my detail guy that does ceramic and PPF and get his opinion. Then I’d hit up a body shop guy I know and trust. I’ve got two I love. So yeah. That’s what I’d do first… good luck🤞🏼

OP
OP
gr_supra_lt

gr_supra_lt

First Name
Martynas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Called a lot of professional detailers. Majority of them said that I will need a repaint because it’s matte paint. I really don’t want to repaint because this color is tricky to match. I’m also looking at possibility to order already painted OEM bumper from Toyota. And also will try to buff, light scratches maybe miracle will happen 😁

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
If you polish it at all, it will gloss up. You need a repaint (detailer of 20 years experience here). Its the main reason ill never own a matte or satin car.

Musa_Hanzo

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Rockville, MD I Seoul, S. Korea I Yokohama, Japan
Car(s)
Toyota I Honda I Porsche
Hello,

View attachment 75446
Thats really expensive fix...Telling you from my experience...
With matte paints, unfortunately, it needs to be re sprayed but it will never ever blend in correctly with the rest of the original paint. That's why your are SOL when matte painted cars get damage.

DO NOT go to your local recommended 5 star body/paint shop. You need to go to a custom paint/body shops that are experienced with dealing with matte paints. Good luck!

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately, this is the downside to getting a matte finish... It will need to be repainted or since it's the front bumper buff it out and wrap that section in matte PPF...

OP
OP
gr_supra_lt

gr_supra_lt

First Name
Martynas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
Unfortunately, this is the downside to getting a matte finish... It will need to be repainted or since it's the front bumper buff it out and wrap that section in matte PPF...
Thats quite good idea. Might try it. I’m really trying to avoid repainting bumper

OP
OP
gr_supra_lt

gr_supra_lt

First Name
Martynas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
i'm wondering if touch up paint from toyota may work for those little holes but scuff may not work..
I spoke with a lot of detailers. All of them said that scratches are really light, only clear coat sustained damage. If car would be not matte it would take them 20 minutes and back to new finish.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I know @NitroYellowMKV will be joining the matte finish club soon with his 2023. He's mega knowledgeable, in the car business and might know of an alternative solution? I'm thinking I'll definitely have to get the track package PPF and maybe include the rear 🤷‍♂️

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
You can actually order the bumper painted from the factory?