OP

kmag66

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2021 Toyota Supra 2.0
Now since the battery issue is resolved (hopefully) I gotta figure out the best way to get in and out of the Supra. I am tall at 6'2" and certainly there is a technique for doing that?

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
Now since the battery issue is resolved (hopefully) I gotta figure out the best way to get in and out of the Supra. I am tall at 6'2" and certainly there is a technique for doing that?
I recommend using the driver-side door. Using the passenger-side door or the hatchback are both technically possible, but I recommend against those options.

(Seriously, though, I don't know what to suggest other than the obvious: sit down while leaning forward then pull your legs in after. I'm short, so it's not a problem for me.)

OP
OP

kmag66

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I recommend using the driver-side door. Using the passenger-side door or the hatchback are both technically possible, but I recommend against those options.

(Seriously, though, I don't know what to suggest other than the obvious: sit down while leaning forward then pull your legs in after. I'm short, so it's not a problem for me.)
Thanks for the advice. Might give the hatch a try!!! Don't worry I will figure it out once I throw my back out a few times.

TX2.0

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '19 XT4, Club Car Precedent
I'm 78, sometimes quite young and sometimes very old, I on occasion drive my 2.0 and I am quite happy with it.
I live "way out" in the country so having a place to go as fast as I want is no problem. Also plenty of curves and hills.

OP
OP

kmag66

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm 78, sometimes quite young and sometimes very old, I on occasion drive my 2.0 and I am quite happy with it.
I live "way out" in the country so having a place to go as fast as I want is no problem. Also plenty of curves and hills.
Apparently we 2.0 owners have to stick together and let these 3.0 guys know our cars are fun too. My neighbor (who is 74) saw my car and now he wants one.....haha.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I'm 6'4 and get in easily. Just drop the ass in, lean forward, and duck as you turn into the car. You'll bump your head a couple times, and then it's second nature. Getting out is slightly harder. I push myself out of the seat and use a bit of momentum to swing myself up.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I applaud you. :bow:

TX2.0

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra, '19 XT4, Club Car Precedent
Apparently we 2.0 owners have to stick together and let these 3.0 guys know our cars are fun too. My neighbor (who is 74) saw my car and now he wants one.....haha.
My neighbor saw mine and rode in it. She bought a white 2.0 from same BCS dealer.

phobicsti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nocturnal 3.0, 2019 WRX STI
Congrats on the new ride sir. I'm 5'8" and I only bang my head here and there. The hardest thing for me is getting out w/o having the door all the way open. The Lambo doors look good for that, but I'm not sure I want to go that route.

Larrys_Toys

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2004 Tacoma
Hi everyone,

New guy here. Picked up my 2021 Supra 2.0 (Tungsten) today. The dealership is roughly 80 miles from me and had the exact car
I wanted. Long story short I start driving back home after everything was completed and the "battery needs replaced" light comes on.
So as you can imagine that concerned me so I called my salesman and he didn't know what to do except bring the car back to the dealership.
They gave me a loaner to get me home and will deliver the car tomorrow morning. Should this be something that I should be concerned with
or is this normal.??? I am new to the Supra world so I hope this isn't serious.

I noticed my battery was getting low, so I put a trickle charger on it, no need to disconnect the battery, just open the hood and connect the charger to the +/-terminals . The dealer ran a test on my battery and it was a little low, but still good. His suggestion was to lock the car each time to "shut off" all the systems and this would keep the battery drain to a minimum. So far that works. Good luck and welcome to the group.

OP
OP

kmag66

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is where the 2.0 really excels
You are right there. This car handles great. I think it is the same or maybe even better then the Porsche Cayman I had a few years back. Oh and yes I banged my head last night....got in a hurry and thought I was in my Jeep.
Sponsored