Possible Debut at Tokyo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M3, Lexus GX
We'll know if anything is at Detroit in a few days. I think Tokyo is more likely due to timing, etc., but I would love to be surprised in Detroit.
Sponsored

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
I was thinking 2016 or 2017 Detroit for a production FT-1. We haven't even see production ready test mules on the streets yet.

The 2015 Detroit Auto Show currently has the new Toyota Tacoma and Lexus GS-F taking center stage.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast

S O B

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Too small and not the right venue for it. They introduced the concept at the biggest US show so you can bet if there's another one coming it will be shown at either Detroit, NY (less likely) or Tokyo.
Maybe for a full blown new concept version but may be appropriate for a real life sized Gran Turismo FT-1. Fits with the whole tuned/modified theme of the show.

<TC OFF>

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
350z
If they don't show something at TAS they better show something at Tokyo Motor Show later in the year, or else it's gonna be another 2 years until the next one :(

bballr35

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Elise
Lexus and Toyota have separate booths don't they? I think there's room for the GS-F and a new FT-1 concept on the same day......not that I think it's going to happen. Toyota has usually drummed up the hype machine with a press release to let everyone know one is coming. Only one week to go and nothing.

Looks like it is going to be a long wait.

Supraman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I honestly don't think we'll see anything from Toyota until later this year. Possibly an updated concept at the Tokyo auto show. We may see some mules running around though, or so I hope.

Rod.S

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FJ
Lexus and Toyota have separate booths don't they? I think there's room for the GS-F and a new FT-1 concept on the same day......not that I think it's going to happen. Toyota has usually drummed up the hype machine with a press release to let everyone know one is coming. Only one week to go and nothing.
They'll probably show the graphite concept again is my guess.

Supra93

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra & RX7
They'll probably show the graphite concept again is my guess.
Yup, could very well be.

Detroit in less than a week! Show us something new pls.
The same Lexus employee that posted the RC-F track video confirming the BMW Z/Toyota Supra project did hint that we may get more info at Detroit.

dsubrosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 Yaris
Yup, could very well be.

The same Lexus employee that posted the RC-F track video confirming the BMW Z/Toyota Supra project did hint that we may get more info at Detroit.
Sweet! Guess we'll see soon how much that guy actually knows

FRS-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hot Lava FR-S
Don't know how much we could find out without a new concept... give away info only at a car show? That would be odd.

black-supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very Fast
I find the reps at these shows are generally given a script to follow and don't have any real knowledge of the secret plans of the company. I think any new info will come when they show a revised concept.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.