Post 6/2020 ECU unlocked in US

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91, '07 E60 M5, '19 Panigale V4S
To put things in perspective - On my daily driver platform - folks waited almost 8 years for a tune to be available to them.
‘21 with 29,000 miles, by year eight the car will be dust. Huge mistake buying into the platform this early.

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
No plans to port or flex? I’m hearing from tuners that if you don’t plan to flex or port don’t expect much. This is my frustration.
I'm tired of waiting and all the bs false hopes. Plus if it does happen you can still get it done *if* it ever becomes available. So no real downside to stop waiting.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Just a guess, but I'd imagine at least 25% of the people that are really following this wouldn't really be interested in custom tuning if there wasn't scarcity. I'd guess another 25% wouldn't be in any huge hurry if it was widely available at $2500. There are solutions that get you 450whp which is mid-low 11's (if you only care about neanderthal racing) for $500. That power level is more than enough for circuit racing and HPDE stuff (sophisticated). Over about 450whp and OEM brakes, tires, and suspension become the limiting performance factor, and decent replacements can be $3k-$4k minimum, so that's at least as much as the Femto unlock.

15 years ago a car with 450whp would cost you significantly more, and beat most street cars. I don't understand the rush, personally. Are many of you terminally ill?

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 years ago wasn’t the age of Hellcats and Plaids, if it were a true light weight two seater sports car it shouldn’t be slow. ;)

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
‘21 with 29,000 miles, by year eight the car will be dust. Huge mistake buying into the platform this early.
Deng! You are driving alot!

I bought mine in April of 21 and only have 1500 miles on it now. Ever since pandemic and being full remote and close to many things, I don't really drive much. My motorcycle just sits too :(

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Deng! You are driving alot!

I bought mine in April of 21 and only have 1500 miles on it now. Ever since pandemic and being full remote and close to many things, I don't really drive much. My motorcycle just sits too :(
I use my stuff! The bike got almost no miles this year as well since I was into the car. Looking at ‘22 TTRS since its the last year but I hate how they look. Wish I had that drivetrain in our body style. For the price on a clone and turbo kit on our platform you can TTE700/DP/Intake/Tune and laugh your way to 800awhp in a car that weighs 300lbs less!

1FastT2

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 BMW X3MC, 2022 Supra 3.0
If I'm not mistaken there a place in NC named Mega3Performance that is working towards a solution...

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Same as all of you guys: I just basically want to run consistent 8s and be competitive in A90 classes/mean street classes.
Man... If you running 8s I don't think you'd be considered "street class" lol.

Also after reading through this seems like just a partial unlock, but at least it will be local.

Just one more week!

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
FL2K street class winner ran 6.54 @ 221
They should really start calling it "street class".

There is an argument to be had that a 6 second STM powered car isnt really a street car if you need to adjust the valve lash between street driving and racing, on top of running 100% meth. That car couldnt pass inspection in NY as well as many other states. And thats not to take away from the cars that are racing they are awesome builds that are wild fast but its just a bit of a stretch to call them "street cars" imo.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
They should really start calling it "street class".

There is an argument to be had that a 6 second STM engine isnt really a street car if you need to adjust the valve lash between street driving and racing, on top of running 100% meth. That car couldnt pass inspection in NY as well as many other states. And thats not to take away from the cars that are racing they are awesome builds that are wild fast but its just a bit of a stretch to call them "street cars" imo.
4,000 street miles is street class. That's why there's new age, street mild, street wild, street outlaw, etc. I'm fine with the rules as long as their clear, and I really don't care about what they're named. Those are the classes I'm interested in. The one where, if need be, you can drive the car to and from the track, under it's own power, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ fuck it. Who cares.

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
4,000 street miles is street class. That's why there's new age, street mild, street wild, street outlaw, etc. I'm fine with the rules as long as their clear, and I really don't care about what they're named. Those are the classes I'm interested in. The one where, if need be, you can drive the car to and from the track, under it's own power, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ fuck it. Who cares.
Yeah I largely agree. The racing is entertraining so its hard to complain. That type of build is really only possible in a handful of states, which is mostly what im getting at. It really just makes me chuckle a bit when they call it a street car is all.
Sponsored