Powder coating calipers?

NoCrust

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 30T, 2017 Acura MDX
Has anyone powder coated their calipers any different colors? If so did the process require you taking the caliper completely apart yourself or did the shop do it for you? When re assembling if taken apart where did you get new seals from?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Has anyone powder coated their calipers any different colors? If so did the process require you taking the caliper completely apart yourself or did the shop do it for you? When re assembling if taken apart where did you get new seals from?
Yeah - I know a few people in the area. You typically take the caliper apart and just bring it to them. Otherwise you can get them painted with high-temp paint.

You can order new seals through the dealer.

SuupYota

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra Premium 3.0 Renaissance Red 2.0
Typically like @zrk stated, you take them apart. There ARE shops that will do this for you if you call around. My buddy took his Evo to a shop, dropped it off and they did it all for him. Obviously that will cost extra, but it is an option, if you dont feel comfortable taking apart the caliper yourself.

Reactions: zrk

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6
I just removed them from the car and shipped them to Sleek Coating. They did the disassembly, coating, and then a full rebuild with OEM parts (in stock, thankfully) before shipping them back within a week or so. A phenomenal job and they even had a core set of calipers to coat and ship to me, so I didn't have to worry about downtime as my Supra is my daily driver.

https://www.sleekcoating.com/

supra calipers.jpeg

supra sundown.jpeg

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I just removed them from the car and shipped them to Sleek Coating. They did the disassembly, coating, and then a full rebuild with OEM parts (in stock, thankfully) before shipping them back within a week or so. A phenomenal job and they even had a core set of calipers to coat and ship to me, so I didn't have to worry about downtime as my Supra is my daily driver.

What was your total cost?

OP
OP

NoCrust

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 30T, 2017 Acura MDX

supra calipers.jpeg

supra sundown.jpeg
Do they do any color? I’m looking for orange or yellow.

Jaxness

First Name
Jax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxness.com
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra LE #1292, 2012 Yamaha R6