Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hello,
Currently I have an Armytrix Downpipe, and ECUTEK Racerom tune on 92OCT. Theres no Ethanol access here and meth or E85 is sold through ridiculous prices. The lowest I've heard is 6-7$/gal for E85 and 70-80$ for 5gal 100% methanol.
Anyways, I plan to get the pure800 turbo upgrade and my car is a street vehicle so Im not trying to do crazy numbers but what can get me the most out of pump gas tunes with it? My tuner said to go with port injection and my goals are still under 600 so is it overkill to purchase it? Is there any other supporting mods that would help with the power output. I also was advised to just get a heat exchanger but he said I could just get it after the tune. Just wanted to know other people's opinions.
The reason there is no available access to those types of fuel is because of my location being in Honolulu, Hawaii. Also, the stores that used to sell meth are all closed down since the governor here doesn't know wtf he's doing.

Also, if anybody comes down to Honolulu, my gf and I are more than happy to show you guys around!
Sponsored

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)
You would have no choice but to buy the methanol and PI it to fully utilize the Pure 800. Unless you are ok with 550whp on 92oct.

OP
OP
Amfchang

Amfchang

First Name
AMF
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
You would have no choice but to buy the methanol and PI it to fully utilize the Pure 800. Unless you are ok with 550whp on 92oct.
would it be possible to use PI on pump? Or is it not that much more

METAL

First Name
K2
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium (Tungsten Silver)

APanoMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
would it be possible to use PI on pump? Or is it not that much more
My 2 cents, from what I’ve seen with these supras if you want to have minimal mods just stick with the p800 and pump gas (+ flex fuel kit if you think you’ll get bored of 550whp). The p800 alone is a huge jump in hp from stock and it makes the car feel like lightning. PI with just p800 and pump would allow you to make a touch more hp than without pi.

P800 will give you a lot of power, then your next hp limitation is fueling. PI is the solution which would give you enough fuel to make more hp (PI fuel system is capable of at least 700whp on ethanol and meth). Before leaving the 5xx whp range you will need bigger tires as the power from p800 and pump ignites the tires too easily. I wouldn’t go past 550-580whp without getting wider rims/tires or drag radials. the next limitation is the transmission (pure drivetrain solution stg 0 or 1 depending on if you want more or less than 700-800whp). If you were going to the 600+ power level you would need to get the heat exchanger too. Unless you’re using methanol and/or ethanol constantly, pi and pump gas alone isn’t worth the hassle imo. I’ve never had a car with a pi kit on it before and am not sure how reliable the aftermarket fuel controllers are but I’d be nervous having to rely on that system to work properly. Some people have assured me they are safe to use but personally I wouldn’t unless I was going to be building a really high hp drag car or something like that.

If your just getting a p800, even with a flex tune I don’t think you really need a heat exchanger unless it’s super hot in your area (100+) or you went to the track a lot.

You could always get a p800 and an ethanol kit and get a flex fuel tune, that way you would be able to run 92 oct regularly and if you were bored with 550whp and wanted a bump in hp you would add some ethanol in. Best part is you wouldn’t have to switch maps, because it’s a flex tune the ethanol sensor does all the work for you. IIRC with a p800 and flex tune you get the most hp out of the car with an e30-40 blend on 91 oct, although you may be able to run a bit higher of an ethanol blend since you have 92 oct.

TLDR if I was in your shoes id get a p800 and flex fuel kit and get a flex tune that way you can use 92oct all the time and you can add some ethanol if you get bored or want to go really fast for a bit. That way you’re not modifying too much of the car’s factory components (although a turbo is arguably a big mod lol).

Edit: Didnt think about humidity until PerformanceSound mentioned it…, you should probably get the heat exchanger if you’re going to do a p800.

Last edited:

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
My brother runs the P800 setup on his 2021. The turbo can make all the power and then some, but knock and cooling will be your problem. Depending on where you live (we’re in the desert) a heat exchanger maybe a good idea. A proper fuel setup will be a necessity if you plan on anything more than 530-550whp. At the very least, get meth injection if port injection is out of your budget, but on pump alone you will be playing Russian roulette. Your in Hawaii, so there is plenty of humidity….I say; P800, port injection, and run the highest pump octane you can find. Should be good for some healthy numbers (assuming you have the basic supporting mods).
Sponsored