Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

Ryan T

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Gr Supra
Is that on coilovers? Was thinking about exactly same setup.
Sponsored

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
I debated which offset to go with on my Apex 18x10s. I decided on 10" ET 30s as opposed to most of the wider set-ups here. I am staying with the OEM struts and springs. I want to run the particularly wide CRSs 275/35s. I do have plates and close to -3.0 up front so I am hoping I will not rub fender or spring perch. I guess we will see.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I debated which offset to go with on my Apex 18x10s. I decided on 10" ET 30s as opposed to most of the wider set-ups here. I am staying with the OEM struts and springs. I want to run the particularly wide CRSs 275/35s. I do have plates and close to -3.0 up front so I am hoping I will not rub fender or spring perch. I guess we will see.
I'm on Apex 18x10 +35 and run a 275 CRS. OEM suspension. Great setup. Camber plates gave me MINIMAL camber gain due to the width of the struts.

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
+25 would be pretty aggressive.

Last year I ran 295/30/18 Conti ECF's on 18x10.5 +35 all around with zero issues.

This year I ran 295/35/18 CRS V2 which are about 305mm wide on 18x10.5 +35 with zero clearance issues.
18x10.5 +30 checking in on 295/35/18 RE71RS. No rub

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
18x10.5 +30 checking in on 295/35/18 RE71RS. No rub

Are you on stock suspension? Camber plates? You got me thinking about this size for my 18X10s ET 30s. Overall diameter 0.5” smaller in back and 0.4“ larger in front. I know a lot of people will comment about the 10” width but as I have said before the loss in performance of not having the tire on stretch will not be noted at my driving lvl. I,m more interested in no rub so I can use them dual purpose.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Are you on stock suspension? Camber plates? You got me thinking about this size for my 18X10s ET 30s. Overall diameter 0.5” smaller in back and 0.4“ larger in front. I know a lot of people will comment about the 10” width but as I have said before the loss in performance of not having the tire on stretch will not be noted at my driving lvl. I,m more interested in no rub so I can use them dual purpose.
I’ve got these:

https://apexwheels.com/wheels/flow-formed/evolution-line/sm-10

Dual purpose and being able to rotate is great! A local track friend is on the same size and runs the same tire size you mentioned, 275/35-18. He’s on OEM suspension and hauls ass. No other mods besides sway bars. I’m on Ohlins and have adjustable control arms. It’s nice having the adjustable plates up top even if you can’t benefit as much right now. Lots of wiggle room for my suspension setup guy now that I have both.

Again, the OEM Supra buddy’s times are up there with the best of us. Hindsight is 20/20 for me. I bought a lot of 💩 and should have went slower on the mods, imo. Especially for my steep learning curve. So don’t feel rushed or wrong. Try them out! I bet you’ll be surprised with what you’ve got. Any additional negative camber is better than none. Helps keep you away from our hood wheel well. I bet you’ll be fine. Especially if you don’t lower the car any further.

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
digatron has coilovers I checked his build thread. So it is unclear whether the 295 RE71RSs will fit OEM springs and struts with Camber plates. My camber plates will help clearing the fender but not the springs. I'm not sure which side will be more of an issue honestly. I could use a small spacer say 5mm if the spring is an issue but no solution if it rubs the fender. I am not lowered so I have that going for me. I was thinking of buying two and test fitting but that's not a cheap methodology if they don't fit at least the rear.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
digatron has coilovers I checked his build thread. So it is unclear whether the 295 RE71RSs will fit OEM springs and struts with Camber plates. My camber plates will help clearing the fender but not the springs. I'm not sure which side will be more of an issue honestly. I could use a small spacer say 5mm if the spring is an issue but no solution if it rubs the fender. I am not lowered so I have that going for me. I was thinking of buying two and test fitting but that's not a cheap methodology if they don't fit at least the rear.
Have you considered running 275s all around? At that size you have tons of tires (grip) to choose from and the price is nice bonus. I’ve actually considered buying the mac daddy ones from Apex cuz I like the look better and I can have a spare set (my old ones) to take to the track.

https://apexwheels.com/wheels/forged/sprint-line/vs-5rs

I’d run that size all year round. Wishful thinking. Screw the OEM wheels 😂

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Have you considered running 275s all around? At that size you have tons of tires (grip) to choose from and the price is nice bonus. I’ve actually considered buying the mac daddy ones from Apex cuz I like the look better and I can have a spare set (my old ones) to take to the track.

https://apexwheels.com/wheels/forged/sprint-line/vs-5rs

I’d run that size all year round. Wishful thinking. Screw the OEM wheels 😂
Yes 275s are my default. I like the 295 option as the overall diameter is perfect and obviously a bit more width

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450

Stock suspension with just camber plates and sways. 275-40-18

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I don't know, dude. With a 275 I still had to add a spacer to clear the strut. Camber plate will only help slightly. You're gonna have a lot of tire to the outside. I'd stick with 275-40s until you have coilovers. Otherwise, you're putting yourself through a lot of grief for a gain that you will probably never notice.
I.E. I ran in a class against cars on slicks and I was still faster. Lesson there: a lot of things are more important than tires. A 10-20mm diff is 99% not going to matter.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Yes 275s are my default. I like the 295 option as the overall diameter is perfect and obviously a bit more width
On a 10.5” or narrower rim the 295 really won’t be any faster than the 275 and it will usually subjectively feel worse.

digatron

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, FA20 wrx
I’m on Coilovers with camber plates.
Sponsored