Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Edit: nm on review of ohlins, just saw your other post.

On another note, has anyone ever tired Angelwings with your factory seats? I’m going to give them a try in addition to a seatbelt locker to cinch me in.

3EEA01E8-FF61-4C5D-BFE8-1CE401E64AC3.jpeg
That‘s awesome! Lemme know how it goes… and the seatbelt locker. I usually scoot my seat all the way back, force the pre tensioners to grab, then ease my seat back up to an incredibly tight position. If the seatbelt lockers work better than my method, I’m all in. Also, a fellow Supra friend told me about using a knee pad, such as one you can find on Amazon for floor installation. That works well to keep my left knee from looking like a bruised Chiquita banana.

A proper race seats & 5/6 point harness would be ideal. But I love my beautiful OEM red seats. I worked so hard to find them w/ my phantom grey exterior. Attempting to find my limit between weekend warrior and all out race car, this go round… 🤞 I ruined my S2K (my wife says). And ultimately had to sell her 😭. The S2000 was gutted, roll cage, AIM data logger, gauges, hard top, catless, 5 point harness, detachable light bar, so badass… however no chance of talking my way out of a ticket if caught on the street 😜

Hey fellow track / autox nuts. I want to run in BS. I’m looking at a set of wheels (Staggered setup) Koenig Hypergrams 18x9.5 squared on stock tire setup (size wise). Thoughts, concerns, advice. I am new to autox on this platform and just trying to find what works and doesn’t works for others. Much appreciated.
Try this:

https://support.apexraceparts.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260802325669-GR-Supra-Wheel-Tire-Fitment-Guide

I bought their wheels thanks to this guide. Could have bought any wheels but I loved all the work they put into their website & guide. They are also on this forum for help.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey fellow track / autox nuts. I want to run in BS. I’m looking at a set of wheels (Staggered setup) Koenig Hypergrams 18x9.5 squared on stock tire setup (size wise). Thoughts, concerns, advice. I am new to autox on this platform and just trying to find what works and doesn’t works for others. Much appreciated.
You're saying both staggered and square so I'm gonna ignore deciphering exactly what you mean and tell you what you need. You have to keep the same OEM width in front and back. I tried to find Konig Hypergrams in our spec but wasn't finding rears at 18x10.5. You'll want to go with Enkei GTC02 in our specs 18x9.5 and 18x10.5. I suppose you could get the Hypergrams for the front to save some money. You are only allowed +/- 7mm on offset from OEM wheels as well. For tires run the Bridgestone RE-71RS 275/35 in the front and 295/35 in the rear. Front sway bar is 100% needed and I'd highly recommend the Eibach bar.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’m actually pretty impressed! Great options for those with stock seats. Padding is firm, material is good, and the rubber in the middle is non-slip.

4EA39E4D-BEF2-42F1-8742-897E34DC44CE.jpeg

D80E55B2-1440-4757-82E7-45083CBE568C.jpeg

8FA26AFB-B7B2-430E-8044-DE2EDA168185.jpeg
Let us know how it is after a track day! Also really interested in the seat belt lock things. If they really work and a link for them. Thank! ✌🏼

Williejay

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A90
You're saying both staggered and square so I'm gonna ignore deciphering exactly what you mean and tell you what you need. You have to keep the same OEM width in front and back. I tried to find Konig Hypergrams in our spec but wasn't finding rears at 18x10.5. You'll want to go with Enkei GTC02 in our specs 18x9.5 and 18x10.5. I suppose you could get the Hypergrams for the front to save some money. You are only allowed +/- 7mm on offset from OEM wheels as well. For tires run the Bridgestone RE-71RS 275/35 in the front and 295/35 in the rear. Front sway bar is 100% needed and I'd highly recommend the Eibach bar.

I thought stock widths were 9 and 10?

Traxion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I thought stock widths were 9 and 10?
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the listed specs on public sites were wrong and actual measurements were different. I could be wrong though and confusing it with the commonly ordered TE37 specs, I need to go measure.

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Let us know how it is after a track day! Also really interested in the seat belt lock things. If they really work and a link for them. Thank! ✌🏼
Seatbelt locker actually works really well. It’s called seatbelt extender pro on Amazon. Got the idea from this video:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I love my Apex wheels. I’m on their 18x10" ET30 SM-10s with a square set of 275/35-18 tires. Checkout the camber recommendations they recently came out with for those of us running on a bigger wheel setup 😮

https://www.apexraceparts.com/blog/go-wider-with-apex-18x11-et40-square-on-the-gr-supra/

https://www.apexraceparts.com/blog/the-positives-of-negative-camber/

I could see me now dialing in more negative camber. Especially up front. Thoughts?

Ideally I’ll do the 3 point temperature check. Both sides and the center, trying to get even surface temps across the tire, as they mentioned in the latter link.

esoulliard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium

neverknowsbest

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Anyone use the tire temp sensor while out on track? Is there any information on what exactly it does, where is us, how the number is calculated, etc.?

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Anyone use the tire temp sensor while out on track? Is there any information on what exactly it does, where is us, how the number is calculated, etc.?
no. You can feel the tires going away better than looking at another screen
Sponsored