Race Tracking Your Supra - Information exchange

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I don’t feel the car is squirrelly at all either. Just keep winning in your class next to cars that cost 2x as much lol

Amen to that brother! 🙏🏼

I wish I could justify the $1000 for pads. Coming from a MX5 and for the sole purpose of comparison shopping against Porsche & others, I really like staying in a decent price range to justify my purchase. And I’m not competing like y’all. Ideally, I’d love to see CSG make their pads more competitively priced.
I'm sure we'll be fine. Trail braking, for me anyway, hasn't been a focus regarding pads. There's very little stress on them and the release characteristics of any name-brand pad should be sufficient. Of course, I haven't tried EVERY pad, but the 5-6 I've used have all done well.
Trust me when I say you and I will do juuuuust fine with the pads we're using. 🤣
There's a whole other discussion going on about the CSG "cult" LOL. It's weird, but not really; every platform I've owned had it's "go-to part" and when you choose something else, you're brow beaten because you didn't "just go with what everyone knows works".
Sponsored

Rensuhlo

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
I'm not sure how well received it is to post these types of topics, but I'll try anyways since we're all here for the same thing.

I'm participating in the race to #ENDALS at Barber Motorsports Park Sept30-Oct 1. All participants have the opportunity to open up a fundraiser to help raise funds for this. If you have the means, consider a donation, or share the link! If you're in the area, feel free to drop by for Ride alongs!

https://www.mightycause.com/story/Y3uzye

I'm not competitive, having a basically stock suspension supra on wheels and tires. I'm just here to help support the people and participate / provide ride alongs.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'm not sure how well received it is to post these types of topics, but I'll try anyways since we're all here for the same thing.

I'm participating in the race to #ENDALS at Barber Motorsports Park Sept30-Oct 1. All participants have the opportunity to open up a fundraiser to help raise funds for this. If you have the means, consider a donation, or share the link! If you're in the area, feel free to drop by for Ride alongs!

https://www.mightycause.com/story/Y3uzye

I'm not competitive, having a basically stock suspension supra on wheels and tires. I'm just here to help support the people and participate / provide ride alongs.
Don't short yourself! I'm on the same and beating GT4s and full-on race prepped cars. You'll do great.

Last edited:

ciccio90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 GR | Macan GTS | RR
I just wanted to say how happy it makes me that this thread has been one of the most active lately. I’m glad we’re building a community of people who do motorsport with their Supras. The A90 is too nice of a platform not to go thrash. ❤
Amen to that. I have had the privilege to own and lap many cars over the years, M2/M3s and 911s and I am so shocked how the Supra is absolutely up there with all of them in driver feedback and sheer pleasure to lap. Might be the lower curb weight but it is such a fun car to push. I can't wait to see once I get proper tires/seat and aero.
I do see this being as capable as much $$$ cars.

ciccio90

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 GR | Macan GTS | RR
What is everyone running for seats?

I have come to realize that I waste a lot of energy trying to keep myself in my seat during all the high g cornering that I think an aftermarket seat will be required for next season.

Thankfully a local shop keeps a lot of things in stock but I have to start researching this.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5

I have come to realize that I waste a lot of energy trying to keep myself in my seat during all the high g cornering that I think an aftermarket seat will be required for next season.

Thankfully a local shop keeps a lot of things in stock but I have to start researching this.
I’d have already switched mine out if it wasn’t for the airbag recoding and any other potential error lights. Dumb reason. But that’s me. I’ve had the full blown race car in the past and really enjoying keeping this Supra fast but simple.

https://a.co/d/eTz1wwl

I got these ☝ and though not as good as being in a full blown race seat, I’m snug as a bug in a rug. World of difference & tight as hell. I scoot the seat back with them on, pull the belt quickly until the pretension locks and then scoot the seat back up 😂. Sounds stupid but it works…

Nugs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G81 M3 Touring, 2019 Supra GTS
I’d have already switched mine out if it wasn’t for the airbag recoding and any other potential error lights. Dumb reason. But that’s me. I’ve had the full blown race car in the past and really enjoying keeping this Supra fast but simple.

https://a.co/d/eTz1wwl

I got these ☝ and though not as good as being in a full blown race seat, I’m snug as a bug in a rug. World of difference & tight as hell. I scoot the seat back with them on, pull the belt quickly until the pretension locks and then scoot the seat back up 😂. Sounds stupid but it works…
I've used the belt lock technique in the past and it works surprisingly well.
Unfortunately in the Supra my seat is already as far back as it goes in my normal seating position, so I can't really lock it then bring the seat forward and still be comfortable.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I've used the belt lock technique in the past and it works surprisingly well.
Unfortunately in the Supra my seat is already as far back as it goes in my normal seating position, so I can't really lock it then bring the seat forward and still be comfortable.
That sucks! I’m only 6 foot tall, so it’s no problemo.

There’s no doubt a proper seat is the best way to go. I may do it someday. I’m just waiting for Bryan (razorlab) to visit FL and help me install (code) one 😂

Nugs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G81 M3 Touring, 2019 Supra GTS
That sucks! I’m only 6 foot tall, so it’s no problemo.

There’s no doubt a proper seat is the best way to go. I may do it someday. I’m just waiting for Bryan (razorlab) to visit FL and help me install (code) one 😂
I'm only 185cms tall, but long legs and bad hips (arthritis in one and the other is an aftermarket replacement) means I have to sit pretty far back.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra

After one of my track days, the left side of my body was so sore I could hardly walk lol I realized it was from all the pressure on my dead pedal. So, I ordered this right away.
Every track car I've had included racing seat in it for safety reasons. I did this one solely so I would stop sliding around the inside of the car. What a difference it makes when I can, again, relax my grip on the steering wheel.
download (1).jpeg

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
After one of my track days, the left side of my body was so sore I could hardly walk lol I realized it was from all the pressure on my dead pedal. So, I ordered this right away.
Every track car I've had included racing seat in it for safety reasons. I did this one solely so I would stop sliding around the inside of the car. What a difference it makes when I can, again, relax my grip on the steering wheel.
download (1).jpeg
Very very interested in the WRC-R. I got a chance to sit in a few seats including the OMP and it's really nice.

How does it fit? What base/brackets are you using?

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Very very interested in the WRC-R. I got a chance to sit in a few seats including the OMP and it's really nice.

How does it fit? What base/brackets are you using?
The OMP seat is SUPER comfortable. I got it in case I ever have to drive to the track, otherwise even a Sparco Sprint would work. Twice the price, I think, but I love this seat. The material and even the reflective piping looks pretty sweet 🤣
I'm using OMP brackets because the set that came with the Sparco slider were too narrow.
Warning: there is no way to code out the airbag warning, so you'll have to deal with that. Worth it.
I have a 34-36 waist, I think. Seat is perfectly snug on me. I was able to test fit the seat person.
Sponsored