Radar detectors ?

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
There is no amount of money you could pay me to let anyone, especially an insurance company, track my driving. 100% F that.
Fl track days; your wife is smart and wise, I can see a tracking device for your kids, that’s a no brainer, but unless the discount is ALOT of $$$ , I wouldn’t let any entity track my whereabouts
I will NEVER willingly allow any company or entity to have access to my driving data, no matter what amount of savings is promised or afforded. Insurance companies do not make money by paying claims.

https://www.wkw.com/car-insurance-trackers#:~:text=Your own car insurance company,they can use against you.
If you have a phone or Google account pretty sure you are tracked. Google can tell you exact routes you've driven without even using maps unless they stopped.
Sponsored

DarkZupra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tesla M3P
If you have a phone or Google account pretty sure you are tracked. Google can tell you exact routes you've driven without even using maps unless they stopped.
I have an iPhone, and while they do do some tracking, its far better than any Google phone.

I do not use Google Maps.

For reference, I've worked in cyber security for over 10 years, I know a little bit about this.

consultadrone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I have an iPhone, and while they do do some tracking, its far better than any Google phone.

For reference, I've worked in cyber security for over 10 years, I know a little bit about this.
And that is a much different issue than specifically permitting an insurance company to monitor my driving. It is not at all likely that my insurance company is going to subpoena my cell phone location data in order to limit, reduce or deny liability in a claim.

I am constantly amazed at just how much many people are willing to give up in terms of privacy and just how little understanding many have of the implications.

Last edited:

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
Always used a Uniden R8 and has saved me from countless tickets. Literally this weekend I was driving a different car without it and was using a terrible radar someone had which resulted me in getting a ticket. I feel as if I had my own radar I could’ve avoided it. From now on whenever I go anywhere I am bringing the R8.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
And that is a much different issue than specifically permitting an insurance company to monitor my driving. It is not at all likely that my insurance company is going to subpoena my cell phone location data in order to limit, reduce or deny liability in a claim.

I am constantly amazed at just how much many people are willing to give up in terms of privacy and just how little understanding many have of the implications.
I hear ya dude. I added my silly comments to this post because it was the polar opposite and for fun. I felt the same until I saw the bill $$$ for two teenagers. I thought about how and where I drive. For me, I only go back and forth from work, and everything is close. Really low miles. Also, it is a hockey puck. If you use your imagination, there are times/reasons why you forget to put it back in 😉

I‘m definitely the minority. LIke I said, my wife has the highest insurance rate of all of us 😂. She won’t do it at all. Bless her heart. My kids don’t have a choice, unless they want to pay for their own insurance. They do make their own car payments. So I have to give them some credit.

Some Kim Comando (spelling) show, talked about how everything is track. And she proceeded to tell her audience how you could turn off Siri and that is a start. So I did that, I’ll be damned… talk about turning your phone into a brick, lol. No CarPlay, warning pop ups constantly that Siri is turned off. I went back to that too. I gave up. Such a weakling. I even do the ad tracking now. At least it’s car stuff in the bottom right corner now while I’m typing this and ads I like. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Florida track days, I have State Farm live in Florida and have 5 vehicles , I pay $140.55/mth for the supra, what do u pay?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Florida track days, I have State Farm live in Florida and have 5 vehicles , I pay $140.55/mth for the supra, what do u pay?
That sounds about right. Especially if you’re carrying 100/300 comp & collision. I’ll have to find out. The Supra is one of the best $$$ out of the 5 cars. My MX5 is the lowest at around $80. Our ceilings are being redone (from hurricane) and currently covered in tarp. I’ll let you know when I can find my last bill or the next bill. I’m also guessing having a high school senior living in my house doesn’t help either.

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
I hope you don’t let your high school senior drive your Supra 😜

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
OP
OP
Chris_a90

Chris_a90

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra 3.0 premium
I bought it off Amazon , I’ll check once I’m home. I can’t remember the exact one I got. However I doesn’t really obstruct my view. I like it , especially for the price it was no more that 25 bucks

Uwatm8

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Acura RDX, CLS63 AMG
I keep a uniden r3 in my semi and it has saved me many times.

comparably to my r8 in my Supra, which sucks ass lmao

EddieNel

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F350
Does that mount obscure your vision a lot? Or does it depend on seat position
I’ll take a picture but I basically have mine right next to rear view on the passenger side. It’s the R7 so it’s off set and faces me so I can see it well and it’s not in my way. I just have the wire hanging and it plugged into my cigarette lighter. I’ll hard wire it this week when I decide on which hard wire kit to get.

https://dongar.tech/products/twoprong-microusb. This is the kit I’m looking at.
Sponsored