razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
1st event of the year was at Palmer Motorsports park last week. It's my favorite track in the NE that I have been to so far but I still don't drive full attack because the track can bite and I like driving home in the same car I came with.

Went to shakedown the car after the winter, ended up getting a new PB.

Sponsored

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
Thanks. At some point the bar will go in, when... is a mystery.

No sliders. Brey Krause side mounts with Macht Schnell bases. I also added about a 1/4" spacer underneath the bases as the OMP seat sat a bit lower than the Sparco did.
Cheers bloke

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Finally got my 56, not once, but twice today at a BMW club event at Lime Rock. Going down to a smaller front sway bar helped a ton. You can see in the video I am no longer fighting the car in turn 2. Thanks to @garudathree for being a gentleman and giving me a well timed point by on this lap.

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
On the Garmin it looks like you got a 56.84 earlier as well. You were smoking. Great weather as well, not too hot, not too cool.

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
He is trying to set times with 100% stock power. He has a wagner manifold only but just to keep IAT down.
I have always wondered just how much timing (power) is being pulled as a result of IATs creeping up during a session. I would guess it is significant as apparently our turbo quickly becomes a little "hair dryer". Cooling the intake charge = more power. More power than a car with an OEM manifold for sure. Still, 55s at LRP is sooo fast, I think I saw 107mph on the downhill!!!

FWIW, I'm considering ducting the intake to help with IATs. I believe ducting is on Bryan's list. I hope he gets to it this season. IIRC the graphs of the potential benefit were done over several successive pulls. The benefit over a 20min might be different. Bryan's data logs would be a great help.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
FWIW, I'm considering ducting the intake to help with IATs. I believe ducting is on Bryan's list. I hope he gets to it this season. IIRC the graphs of the potential benefit were done over several successive pulls. The benefit over a 20min might be different. Bryan's data logs would be a great help.
I have the Speed Engineering intake duct in this season. So far all the early season track days have been pretty cool so hard to tell if it's doing much yet.

Here is from yesterday. I had some issues with the BM3 app not working so I had to reinstall and forgot to check ambient temp logging but according to weather app history it was around 65F ambient this session.

Also to note, I am back to self tuning the car this season. I have my coolant temp targets set lower as well. I am currently running about 24psi boost out the top of the RPM range.

This is my PB session, after 12 laps:

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 11.19.07 AM.png

The PB lap:

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 11.17.09 AM.png

Glimpse into the current state of tune:

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 11.26.39 AM.png

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Thanks Bryan. Love the data. 12 laps is legit test. The ambient was very low for a track day. The car must have been extra spicy. IATs are rock solid and very low. No signs of heat soak. I am sure you have some logs from last year. Once you get some apples to apples comparisons it would be nice to know if there was any gain. Obviously this won’t be a great indicator of a potential benefit for us stock guys but a benefit would show ducting does something.