Reached out to Remnant Performance about the “too good to be true turbo package”

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Did anything ever come of this kit?
They are still working on it, last update today is waiting for the foundry to produce the pices for the 2-port, and the 6 port i believe he got the 3d printed pieces for a test mock up to make sure everything fits properly.

Carl - Driveway Labs

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2021 Ascent Touring
I should reach out, I think I can help them close the circle a bit with assets I have over here in Charlotte

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
They already have the 2 port ready last I heard. Idk why it’s taking this long to make a 6port manifold

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I am friends with the owner.

6port was not originally a priority. When R&D started, the 6ports were locked for tuning and there was no hope in sight so he concentrated his efforts on the 2port. 2port has been scanned, modeled, 3D printed, confirmed fitment, and is now entering mold manufacturing for mass production. Won't be long until that's orderable.

Once 6port became unlockable, he fast-tracked the R&D phase with the assistance of Insomnia Motorsports and Performance Playground Engineering (PPE). The 6port has been scanned and modeled, and is undergoing 3D printing for test fitting.

Personal speculation: 6port will be ready a month or two after 2port, based on supplier lead times and slingshotting 6port production. It's only 1 step behind 2port in terms of production stages, with far less time spent. A lot of the 2port work could be leveraged as an accelerator.

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
They already have the 2 port ready last I heard. Idk why it’s taking this long to make a 6port manifold
They want to release them all at once for everyone. If you’re interested in buying. You can dm their insta to be out on the list.
personally. I’m going to let you all be the Guinea pigs and wait to see what comes of the kit

dv_platinum

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Looks like they have had some updates on their Instagram page so any day now it'll be available for the 2 port.

OP
OP
Benjilis

Benjilis

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV, VW CC R-Line
Looks like they have had some updates on their Instagram page so any day now it'll be available for the 2 port.
They just did the molds. Then need to make the first one and test and adjust.
hoing to be a couple months as they also deal with Hyundais
If you want one, you should DM them prior or else you’re going to wait quite a while

personally. I’m waiting

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
It's probably a 2-3 person operation......i can't imagine the amount of effort it takes to do a custom turbo kit setup...these things do not happen overnight if you want quality of any kind.

saik

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium Tungsten
It's probably a 2-3 person operation......i can't imagine the amount of effort it takes to do a custom turbo kit setup...these things do not happen overnight if you want quality of any kind.
THIS.

Quality takes time. Or else you end up with cost cutting measures and poor long term reliability just to go to market.

reroute

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Im pretty excited for both this and the turbo back exhaust. A full turboback and a full turbo kit for sub 5k? AND i get to keep my core? What....

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
It's one person. Source: he's a friend.

James

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Motorcycles
Are they closer to release? I was interested in Pure 800 until this popped up.