Ready to purchase a 2021 Supra 2.0 with Safety and Tech PKG...what should I pay...

Willow1308

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have lots of fun vechicles...
Greetings from Houston...

I'm a big car geek (68 years old) and life long sports car enthusiast ...and ready to purchase a 2021 Supra 2.0 with Safety & Tech PKG...it will be an extra car... I don't need all the power of the 3.0 model ...Houston is gridlocked with traffic so the Supra 2.0 will be an "Urban Cruiser" ...

MSRP will be in the $48K range...

Lots of Supra's at Houston area Toyota Dealerships ...and yes ...the 2022 model year is only a couple of months away...

Given those factors...what should I pay?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra

I'm a big car geek and sport car enthusiast ...and ready to purchase a 2021 Supra 2.0 with Safety & Tech PKG...it will be an extra car... I don't need all the power of the 3.0 model ...Houston is gridlocked with traffic so the Supra 2.0 will be an "Urban Cruiser" ...

Lots of Supra's at Houston area Toyota Dealerships ...and yes ...the 2022 model year is only a couple of months away...

Thanks!
What you're willing to pay.

polaris

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2017 Corolla iM
I'm willing to bet you could get at least $48k OTD on it, if not better. My 3.0 Premium with the tech package was marked down $4.5k before I even walked into the dealership.

Obviously it depends on a bunch of localization factors but it seems like in general dealerships are pretty ready to let these things go.

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
The least amount possible! ?
Iā€™ll say itā€™s a bit tough right now getting a good estimate on prices. The market on the 3.0s has been up and down (seems up a bit with warm weather).

TrueCar says $44.8 for a well equipped 2.0. Iā€™d want to be right at $43k on the selling price, but not sure if thatā€™s realistic. I think those long the vehicle has been on the lot might help you know if youā€™re looking at the average price or one standard deviation under. Carvana has a used 2.0 for $45.9k, so maybe Iā€™m WAY off.

I think there is some wisdom to what was said about paying what youā€™re willing to pay, especially if youā€™re going to keep it a few years. Although I have a 3.0, I think the 2.0 is pretty kickass.

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
Keep in mind with the microchip shortage, car prices are going up. Even on models that dont sell as well. I've seen some people get 2.0 for as low as 42k selling price but this was earlier in the year.

I think negotiating is going to be your best bet and just willing to walk away if you arent happy with the price.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
I'd recommend to shop around web sites such as Auto Trader. once you find something you like, talk to them and negotiate it down, perhaps $500 ~ $1,000 below what they are asking. or take that AD to local dealer and tell them if they can match it.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
I think there is some wisdom to what was said about paying what youā€™re willing to pay, especially if youā€™re going to keep it a few years. Although I have a 3.0, I think the 2.0 is pretty kickass.
Just purchased a 2.0 W/safety and tech package for $45K. Also came with CF mirror caps. Car is a HOOT!!!!! Don't have access to any tracks and don't have a truck/trailor for towing so didn't think there was a need to spend the extra $$$$$$ for the extra HP. This car is "light" on it's feet also....handles like a darn dream!!!!

SupraGRTheo

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra GR
GR Supra are massively produced and a bit out of the average Toyotas buyer range...So almost every dealer has 1 to 7 sitting on their floor plan paying money...great time to trade a car and get a HIGH trade value and steal a GR!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Willow1308

Willow1308

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have lots of fun vechicles...
Still working on my transaction for a Supra 2.0 with Tech PKGā€¦ MSRP is $48,323

Best price I have so far is $42,500ā€¦ which includes the current $750 Toyota incentiveā€¦

FYIā€¦Supraā€™s do not lease wellā€¦

ā€¦.

TheKrumpet

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2002 Honda S2000, 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Base (SOLD
GR Supra are massively produced and a bit out of the average Toyotas buyer range...So almost every dealer has 1 to 7 sitting on their floor plan paying money...great time to trade a car and get a HIGH trade value and steal a GR!!!!!!!
Idk mang have you seen the price of Siennas, 4Runners, Highlanders, Tacomas, Tundras...essentially everything but the Prius/Camry/Corolla? A lot of Toyota's spec to around 40-50k brand new these days.

max

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Stinger (no more......)
The trade value they gave me for my Stinger balanced out the $45K I signed for. I got over 4K more on my trade-in than a previous dealer who was just trying to rob me......only downside for me was I got the "navigation screen of death" and now have to wait for the tech to come back from vacation to activate it.......good news, traded in my Stinger and picked up the Supra on Friday and they already are looking to close a deal on my Stinger!!!!

Doctorbluebox

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra Pro Mk5

I'm a big car geek (68 years old) and life long sports car enthusiast ...and ready to purchase a 2021 Supra 2.0 with Safety & Tech PKG...it will be an extra car... I don't need all the power of the 3.0 model ...Houston is gridlocked with traffic so the Supra 2.0 will be an "Urban Cruiser" ...

Thanks!
Interesting to see that, in the States, you have the options of all these add-on packages. In the UK there are no packages. Is that because the spec in the UK has everything as standard? The only add-on available in the UK is a boot (trunk) liner and a warning triangle/first aid kit!
Sponsored