BM3 CustomROM is Ready!

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
How does a BM3 OTS map compare to a BM3 pro tune from sameh for example in terms of performance and reliability?
I'm looking forward to someone answering this for you because I'm interested too :)

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm looking forward to someone answering this for you because I'm interested too :)
What answer are you looking for. Im sure I can help you out.

Pretty simple way to look at OTS maps, they are made with the intentions that they will work ok on all cars. Custom tuning is always going to be better since its dialed in for your specific car. While the OTS maps on BM3 are definitely well designed a custom map is going to net you the best possible gains along with more reliability.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
What answer are you looking for. Im sure I can help you out.

Pretty simple way to look at OTS maps, they are made with the intentions that they will work ok on all cars. Custom tuning is always going to be better since its dialed in for your specific car. While the OTS maps on BM3 are definitely well designed a custom map is going to net you the best possible gains along with more reliability.

How is the Sameh tune delivered with your service?

Remote + rent a dyno?

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
How is the Sameh tune delivered with your service?

Remote + rent a dyno?
Its the same with all the tuners unless you go to somewhere who has an in house on site tuner.

All done via logs being sent in or yes you can work out a time to rent a dyno and get it done in 1 day.

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra 3.0 premium, 2021 Tesla M3P
Ok folks, I am back up and running with the CustomROM.

I was using my Samsung Galaxy S22 with Enet cable and USB Adapter to attempt to flash the first time and was having issues.

I then figured what does it hurt - I got my wifes laptop, turned off the Windows Firewall, downloaded BootMod3 software and then was able to flash to Stage 1 93 tune. I then flashed to the MultiMap Stage 1 tune. I was only using the Enet cable with no USB adapter.

The car was able to start without issues - I have yet to drive it or tinker with the multimap settings.

Thank you to @Louaye @EPC - he contacted me right away, got my number and called me; all while contacting Femto and ProTuning folks.
Screenshot_20230526_143431.jpg
If I could ask you a stupid question. Before you sent your DME to them, did you need to activate your BM3 license with your car? I'm currently going to be shipping mine out tomorrow or Saturday and haven't gotten a reply from EPC about this yet and want to make sure I can get customrom.

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 3.0 Premium Nocturnal / '20 Tacoma Cement
If I could ask you a stupid question. Before you sent your DME to them, did you need to activate your BM3 license with your car? I'm currently going to be shipping mine out tomorrow or Saturday and haven't gotten a reply from EPC about this yet and want to make sure I can get customrom.
Yes you need to activate it and respond to their email with said information they need.

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yes you need to activate it and respond to their email with said information they need.
Well. I guess I am hoping they email me my activation key that I paid for when they reply to my emails with the questions :( Maybe @Louaye @EPC will see it here. Only email I have gotten from them is the overnight shipping label to send it to them.

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well. I guess I am hoping they email me my activation key that I paid for when they reply to my emails with the questions :( Maybe @Louaye @EPC will see it here. Only email I have gotten from them is the overnight shipping label to send it to them.
Check your spam email or junk

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Check your spam email or junk
Yup. Checked all of that and searched entire mailbox for good measure. Guess I just have to hope they reply to me or maybe just order it myself and ask for a refund afterwards. Sucks they donā€™t have a number to call on their site though :/

kehvin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yup. Checked all of that and searched entire mailbox for good measure. Guess I just have to hope they reply to me or maybe just order it myself and ask for a refund afterwards. Sucks they donā€™t have a number to call on their site though :/
Yeah they mustve forgetten to send you an email or something. Hopefully your problem gets resolved!

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Yes, you need to activate license by connecting your DME to the Bootmod3/ProTuning freaks site/program.

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
You donā€™t need to activate a bm3 license anymore. You can just send the DME over. I checked with them on this last week.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
You donā€™t need to activate a bm3 license anymore. You can just send the DME over. I checked with them on this last week.
Interesting - good to know!

devnull

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah, they said the same to be but I was able to get the key from them to activate beforehand anyways.
Sponsored